• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Rate the last movie you saw

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
the conjuring was much much better than annabelle.

Just re-watched it last night, thinking of taking the girl to Annabelle. That is actually a pretty good horror flick. Creeps you out a bit but seems like they didn't try and go to over the top. The part when the voice said, "Want to play hide and clap?" and you see the hands come out of the dark behind her, chilling.

I have a big white "dresser" in my room with 2 folding doors like the brown one in the movie, I swear I saw that creepy bitch gargoyling on top of it before I fell asleep.

The Zero Theorem. Terry Gillingham makes another interesting and incredibly confusing film, this time about a man in the future (christopher walz) trying to solve an impossible equation whilst The Management (Matt Damon) distract him with a girlfriend and a teen genius 6/10

annabelle shows 'the scary thing' for about 10 seconds of the movie. its like zero percent scary.

I also laughed at the climax scene

Finally saw "Lucy", was not half as bad as I thought it'd be. The weirdness of the movie made it better. I know there were a lot of complaints, but if you just sit back and don't delve too much into the science of what you are watching it wasn't a bad flick at all.

7.8/10

Just re-watched it last night, thinking of taking the girl to Annabelle. That is actually a pretty good horror flick. Creeps you out a bit but seems like they didn't try and go to over the top. The part when the voice said, "Want to play hide and clap?" and you see the hands come out of the dark behind her, chilling.

I have a big white "dresser" in my room with 2 folding doors like the brown one in the movie, I swear I saw that creepy bitch gargoyling on top of it before I fell asleep.

By horror movie standards, I'd give that movie an easy 8.5/10.

The acting from the little girls was really, really strong. Particularly from Joey King, the "It's standing right behind you," girl.

And speaking of which, that scene is fucking terrifying.

That movie did what all truly great horror movies do well which is get you attached to the main characters and use that to build tension within the setting. Horror movies that fail usually never make you scared for the characters rather than just yourself. I think it's easy to get attached to that family.

Sixth Sense did that as well as any horror movie I've ever seen. How bad do you feel for that poor kid and Bruce Willis? The Shining gets you attached to Danny and Scatman and what REALLY made that movie genius is that it intentionally makes you want bad things to happen to shrill ass Shelley Duvall. That's a rarity.

Song of the South 7.5/10

So if you are familiar with this movie, you know that it has been locked up by Disney for a long time. Originally released in 1946, and then edited and re-relased in the 70s & 80s. It’s the story of a relationship between former slave Uncle Reemus & this young white kid who is currently living with his mother & grandmother. Reemus tells stories of Br’er Rabbit to Johnny to teach him lessons. Overall the movie does not have one main theme, but its worth a watch.

For years, people have been offended by the movie. Im here to tell you, its not that bad. Yea, Uncle Reemus is a little animated & the characters voices are as well, but I guarantee there are worse movies about slavery. No violence, no offensive language take place in this movie. I believe Bill Cosby once said that too much early African American history is getting lost because we as a society have tried to hard to erase everyone’s memory of slavery.

James Baskett (Uncle Reemus) took a lot of shit for his portrayal in this role at the time, but he actually one an honorary Oscar. He was the 1st African American to do so, and yet no one is able to see his performance or hear his great singing voice because the movie is “offensive”.

I actually purchased a copy out of curiosity from a site online. Its basically a ripped version, but the quality is great.

http://www.mayancastledvd.net/

Into the Wild 7.5/10.

Good movie, based on a true story, that makes you wonder what you're doing with your life if you're in your early 20s. If you haven't seen it and you're a fan of nature and a minimalist lifestyle, I'd recommend it. I can say I was legitimately surprised at how the movie unfolded. For those who haven't seen it, it's about a kid who graduates college and forgoes a potential career, to travel through the US and eventually up to Alaska, documenting his adventures on the way.

Also recently watched Garden State (5/10) and Role Models (6/10). I know people that love Garden State but I didn't think much of it. Movie kinda dragged on and then suddenly ended for me. Role Models was pretty funny. I don't really laugh out loud at movies when I'm watching them by myself but this one made me do it at least a couple of times.

Am i the only one who saw the Age of Ultron trailer and felt a bit underwhelmed ? I just dont feel the "danger" or the intensity ...

Am i the only one who saw the Age of Ultron trailer and felt a bit underwhelmed ? I just dont feel the "danger" or the intensity ...

Yeah, probably the only one. I mean, they showed Cap's broken shield ...

On a side note, Hulkbuster armor. Nice.

Yeah, probably the only one. I mean, they showed Cap's broken shield ...

On a side note, Hulkbuster armor. Nice.
It is Vibranium not Adamantium so it can break .... But now to post a movie review.

Erased - 5/10

This is not a bad story. The acting is also pretty decent, no complaints.... but what will get you is how sub par the direction is. This movie would have been an average if it was in the hands of a decent director. Think of this more like a milder version of Jack Reacher where everything is kinda ok but you know this movie can never be a mega hit.

That's cool .. my point was isn't that kind of "dangerous" ? (His body is lying next to it, presumably) :chuckle:

day 1. I'll be there.

Yeah. I want to see it opening weekend so I don't get any spoilers from dickbags on twitter and facebook. But one of my pet peeves is a crowded movie theater.

#1 - Don't sit next to me or right in front of me. It is movie etiquette.
#2 - Whenever it is crowded, you will always have that group of young kids or ignorant fucks that talk and laugh or have their cell phones out. I have almost been in countless fights b/c of telling people to shut up (if they are old). If they are young kids, I do the man thing, tell on them :chuckle:
#3 - People who sit behind you that put their feet on your arm rest. Fuck off King Tut. You aren't at your house.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."