• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Wide Open at Wide Receiver

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rank the Most Impactful Browns WRs in 2014

• Nate Burleson

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Miles Austin

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • Andrew Hawkins

Votes: 33 57.9%
  • Charles Johnson

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Travis Benjamin

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Other (Not Gordon)

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
Brandin Cooks might be the #2 receiver in this class behind Watkins, I was just isolating the WR who was on the board when Manziel was drafted since he doesn't look like he will make an impact this year. The drops are an issue, but I would have loved to see this offense with a true #1 WR with size mismatches. Some people have argued that the Browns should make a move for a franchise QB at the top of the 2015 draft... I'm just pointing out the idea that you don't have to keep passing on other needs hoping to find the golden ticket at QB every first round.

Completely agree with that, this team will have more pressing needs than QB heading into next season.

And Benjamin would undoubtedly help us right now, and him as our #2 when Gordon comes back would be filthy. We'd have one of the most physically imposing starting receiver combos in the entire league, with Hawkins killing teams out of the slot too? Maybe you're onto something here Keys...

I thought you were just trolling us Manziel fans, which I can't even blame you after re-reading the game threads. Anyone would think Hoyer was 5-19 with a couple pick sixes after reading through some of those knee jerk reactions.

Brandin Cooks might be the #2 receiver in this class behind Watkins, I was just isolating the WR who was on the board when Manziel was drafted since he doesn't look like he will make an impact this year. The drops are an issue, but I would have loved to see this offense with a true #1 WR with size mismatches. Some people have argued that the Browns should make a move for a franchise QB at the top of the 2015 draft... I'm just pointing out the idea that you don't have to keep passing on other needs hoping to find the golden ticket at QB every first round.

Just posting here as a reminder for who was all over Brandin Cooks pre-draft.

Although it didn't quite match my affinity for OBJ.

Just remember that the Browns could have drafted 6'5 Kelvin Benjamin with the second first rounder, and right now only 13 players have more receiving yards than Benjamin. But hey, we have a project backup QB who might get some playing time in a few years...

I consider myself a fan of Manziel (based on his college play) but I would definitely have rather we drafted Benjamin. Without a doubt.

Ex-Browns player spotlight:

Charles Johnson is now starting at WR for Minnesota, overtaking Cordarrelle Patterson. I liked his game in the first preseason game, he just cooled down by the end and Gabriel earned his spot.

Ex-Browns player spotlight:

Charles Johnson is now starting at WR for Minnesota, overtaking Cordarrelle Patterson. I liked his game in the first preseason game, he just cooled down by the end and Gabriel earned his spot.

I think a good portion of that has to do with Patterson's struggles, though.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."