• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2014-2015 National Champs

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I'm gonna copy this paragraph from a column McShay wrote today because I feel exactly the same way, word for word.

"While there's no question that Miller is a more dynamic playmaker and has a stronger arm, I would argue that OSU has a much more complete offense with Barrett playing at his currently high level.

I agree, but how long can Barrett play at this level? Hopefully the rest of the way.

We can not do a 2-QB system.

At this point I'm predicting we'll have a 2 QB system next season.
Can't see that happening, I think it's more likely Braxton graduates and finishes his career at another school.

Can anyone imagine Braxton replacing Mariota at Oregon? Just spitballing here, but I'd watch the shit out of the Ducks with Braxton and Royce Freeman in the backfield.

I think you have to move on from Brax if JT keeps this up.

Can't see that happening, I think it's more likely Braxton graduates and finishes his career at another school.

Can anyone imagine Braxton replacing Mariota at Oregon? Just spitballing here, but I'd watch the shit out of the Ducks with Braxton and Royce Freeman in the backfield.
If he does transfer (hopefully he doesn't) I hope it's outside the Big 10..

Braxton will get first crack at job next year no matter what happens, and that is the way it should be.

From a program perspective you need to show loyalty. From a JT Barrett perspective, you have an amazing military kid. JT Barrett will embrace Braxton and be supportive. They're talking to both of these guys about it....

I love Barrett and believe he is able to execute this offense more capably than Braxton. But Urban understands long-term ramifications of moving in from Braxton. It'd be a negative recruiting machine. I'm going to feel for Braxton next year though if he struggles at all...it'll becone really uncomfortable quick.

What if JT gets us in the playoff? Is that enough to give him the position outright?

What if JT gets us in the playoff? Is that enough to give him the position outright?

Meyer has said that as long as Miller is healthy, he will be our starting QB. 100%.

Now do I agree with it? Not sure. It's hard to turn down Braxton. With our recruiting class next year too, I feel we will be up in enough games that JT will be able to still get PT.

But if Braxton even shows a hint of discomfort or pain, you sit him for JT and tell him good luck. Meyer is loyal to Braxton though, so it would take a lot for him to sit him.

Unreal the direction VT and OSU have gone since they played

I stated it before, but the Va Tech game forced our coaching staff to come to grips with our offensive system against zero coverage and a bear front.

The stubbornness of trying to attack the Hokies vertically because of man coverage without being able to attack in the flats and to safety valves was a coaching failure. It's been great to see our staff focus on swing passes to Ezekial and utilize our TE's as safety valves rather than only utilize tem on deep seam routes.

The Va Tech game sucked, but we wouldn't be where we are right now without getting curb-stomped. Since that game we've attacked defenses by exploiting the entire field rather than exclusively looking for the explosive play in the passing game. Staying ahead of the chains is making our offense a machine.

I stated it before, but the Va Tech game forced our coaching staff to come to grips with our offensive system against zero coverage and a bear front.

The stubbornness of trying to attack the Hokies vertically because of man coverage without being able to attack in the flats and to safety valves was a coaching failure. It's been great to see our staff focus on swing passes to Ezekial and utilize our TE's as safety valves rather than only utilize tem on deep seam routes.

The Va Tech game sucked, but we wouldn't be where we are right now without getting curb-stomped. Since that game we've attacked defenses by exploiting the entire field rather than exclusively looking for the explosive play in the passing game. Staying ahead of the chains is making our offense a machine.
It is really nice to see how we made the necessary adjustments after the game. Also we found a reliable RB and stuck with him which has really helped.

Very weak performance all around other than the defense.

Why are we shutting down the playbook against Penn State? Pathetic..

If Penn State actually had any sort of offense, we'd be in huge trouble.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."