• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Destiny

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I have plans Saturday/Sunday all day and on Monday night (probably free until about 7 or 8), but I'm free until about 10 every other night of the week. I've played with most of you guys on the PS4 and we're a talented enough bunch to do this, its just a matter of getting together at the same time.

I have been banking ascendant materials and sitting at 27 but if need be I can push to 28 if it will help. Haven't seen the point until I had better gear to use them on, but the Raid would be as good a reason as any I'd say.

I've been in Columbus for work all week but will be back tomorrow night. The time I have most is during the weekend. We could try that or maybe Monday night? The raid resets on Tuesdays.

I haven't participated in the VoG yet either, but I've watched multiple videos. We'll probably need Mdog to be our leader since he's completed it multiple times.

We also may want to map out our characters and maximize our strategy going in? I imagine that Void weapons are going to be best because of the shields on certain enemies.

Just as a reminder to those I haven't played with, I am a Level 28 Titan. I have both Striker and Defender maxed out. I'll play as Defender for the Raid since the Weapons of Light bonus from the Ward of Dawn super is such a huge advantage in certain spots.

I have plans Saturday/Sunday all day and on Monday night (probably free until about 7 or 8), but I'm free until about 10 every other night of the week. I've played with most of you guys on the PS4 and we're a talented enough bunch to do this, its just a matter of getting together at the same time.

I have been banking ascendant materials and sitting at 27 but if need be I can push to 28 if it will help. Haven't seen the point until I had better gear to use them on, but the Raid would be as good a reason as any I'd say.
It shouldn't really be a problem being 27. You will do slightly less damage to the level 28 enemies at the end, but in the end it's not such a big deal. You lose 20% damage (so I've read), but there aren't enough enemies to truly warrant the wasted shards.

I've been banking them too, 51 of them I think. I hope they don't change the materials to upgrade armor if they increase the level cap. That would be a real kick.

Gymbo don't put the pressure on me haha. Really though, being a Titan, you will be the most important factor for the end boss, and possibly the Templar as well.

I can tell you guys the basics for sure though. Had a different group every time I've done it, and after the first time we've beaten it in less and less time. I shouldn't say different group. There have always been 2 constants, and then rotating about 5 or 6 different guys.

It shouldn't really be a problem being 27. You will do slightly less damage to the level 28 enemies at the end, but in the end it's not such a big deal. You lose 20% damage (so I've read), but there aren't enough enemies to truly warrant the wasted shards.

I've been banking them too, 51 of them I think. I hope they don't change the materials to upgrade armor if they increase the level cap. That would be a real kick.

Gymbo don't put the pressure on me haha. Really though, being a Titan, you will be the most important factor for the end boss, and possibly the Templar as well.

I can tell you guys the basics for sure though. Had a different group every time I've done it, and after the first time we've beaten it in less and less time. I shouldn't say different group. There have always been 2 constants, and then rotating about 5 or 6 different guys.

There will be another an Ascendant Mote in one of the expansions. There was actually gear for I think Warlocks that required them to upgrade on launch and they were changed to Shards. The Motes are supposed to drop from those dragon like things that fly on Venus I believe.

There will be another an Ascendant Mote in one of the expansions. There was actually gear for I think Warlocks that required them to upgrade on launch and they were changed to Shards. The Motes are supposed to drop from those dragon like things that fly on Venus I believe.
I had heard of the exotic shards I think they're called, from the datamined files. Still remaining hopeful that I can do something with my shards...

The last piece of Raid Gear is going to take 21 I believe, so I'll be down to 30. The worst thing is, I haven't been trying to get them in any way. Just going through the Raid gives an absurd amount. Hell I even bought the exotic Hunter helmet on last friday and fully upgraded it because why not.

I fully expect that by the time the dlc drops I will have over 100 shards, if not more.

I'm an exotic weapon whore I think. I was hoping to see a decent hunter helm on xur when I logged on earlier but he was selling chest pieces. I bought the Suros Regime and now that makes 4. I have icebreaker, thorn, the machine gun, and I am working on the pulse rifle bounty. I really ought to get some exotic armor next week.

I got Atheon's Epilogue last night. A void damage primary Auto Rifle.

I have a maxed Ice Breaker, Suros, Hawkmoon, Vision of Confluence, and a not maxed Truth. Really disappointed by Xur's stock this week, so I bought the Sparrow upgrade, even though I have no sparrow to use it on.

Just picked up a PS4 and Destiny. Feel free to add me, my tag is: Casualtiess

I'm an exotic weapon whore I think. I was hoping to see a decent hunter helm on xur when I logged on earlier but he was selling chest pieces. I bought the Suros Regime and now that makes 4. I have icebreaker, thorn, the machine gun, and I am working on the pulse rifle bounty. I really ought to get some exotic armor next week.

Bad Juju, Thorn, Suros Regime, Pocket Infinity, Invective, Universal Remote, Super Good Advice.

The worst part is that I'm like bummed that I get exotic bounties at this point. I just want more legendary shit so I can build multiple load outs that compliment each other.

Don't upgrade Suros if you're using it as a PvP-only weapon like I am. It's much better in its stock version for the Crucible. If you plan on raiding at shit with it (not recommended), then you kind of half to upgrade it.

Can we agree to tomorrow evening for the VoG? Say like 7-8 PM EST? I don't know if that works, but, I'm trying to put something together because it seems there's a lot of people on here I've played with that want to give this a try.

I got xbox one.
Lv27 Hunter
Looking to run weekly/daily/nightfall/VoG with fellow RCFers.
Tag: Luan The 1

Add me!

Last edited:
Can we agree to tomorrow evening for the VoG? Say like 7-8 PM EST? I don't know if that works, but, I'm trying to put something together because it seems there's a lot of people on here I've played with that want to give this a try.
I'm more than willing. Just shoot me a message.

Also Gymbo if you want to do the weekly tonight, or tomorrow after the Raid, I'm available.

If we can't get enough RCF guys, Dang said he'd be busy for example, than we may just have to tower hop. It takes some time, but it's as effective as anything else.

Last edited:
Gymbo someone joined about 30 seconds after you went offline lol. Oh well, it was rough, but the experience is what counts. Next time should be much easier for everyone now that they have gained that experience. I mean hell we made it to Atheon in one sitting, not too bad.

Hopefully we can get Ohdang involved next time, and Bonzi too. And of course any other RCFers.

Of course they would join after I left. Thanks for your help guiding our group through though. I learned a ton about what to do and where to go. Watching videos helps, but not as much as actually doing it.

Can anyone who wants to attempt the VoG this week, please let me know so we can put something solid together?

I'm down for sure. I have a group of 4 guys that are always down in case we need any fillers.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."