• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2014-15 Off-Season Thread (Moss Acquired - Page 16)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to be VP of Baseball Ops with the Dodgers.

He may hire a GM to work under him as well.

Matt Silverman taking over Rays.
They desperately needed to move on from Colletti. Awful GM. Friedman with an unlimited budget should, uh, help the Dodgers a lot.

They desperately needed to move on from Colletti. Awful GM. Friedman with an unlimited budget should, uh, help the Dodgers a lot.

I thought that about Theo, but outside of a few low risk/high reward pitching acquisitions, the Cubs are stuck in neutral.

Have you seen the Cubs farm system? That's not being stuck in neutral....

I just think it'll be interesting to see if Magic and Company allow Friedman the leeway/time to build a team like Ricketts has in Chicago or if they'll force them to throw money at the latest en vogue FAs a la Steinbrenner/Cashman.

I just think it'll be interesting to see if Magic and Company allow Friedman the leeway/time to build a team like Ricketts has in Chicago or if they'll force them to throw money at the latest en vogue FAs a la Steinbrenner/Cashman.

Completely different scenarios, the Dodgers have a team capable of winning now.

The Cubs were quite literally in shambles when Theo took over, and he's only now getting to the young talent which makes the future so bright for them.

Friedman's GM's biggest problems are clearing an outfielder or two from the payroll and finding room for their incredible young talent coming through the system.

Whoa...

Gee, wonder where he'll manage next.

Looks like Texas will make a play for him as well.

The Dodgers may not be the lock everyone thinks they are.

As long as he doesn't wind up in Minnesota, he can do whatever he pleases (hope he goes to the NL).

I think that's a bit premature on Rosenthal's part, though I agree he probably won't go to LA right now. With Mattingly under contract their hands are tied, I think he may take a year off and end up there if Los Angeles doesn't win it all next year.

Yankees will also be an option, as will Chicago.

Honestly, give himself a year off and he's got about 25 options.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."