• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2015 Draft Prospects

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Yeah...it'll be interesting to see where we are once we come out of free agency. There's some solid WRs that are UFA's that could certainly help us out. These include:

Cecil Shorts (born in Cleveland, played at Mount Union)
Jeremy Maclin
Michael Crabtree (injury history scares me a bit)
Kenny Britt
Hakeem Nicks

Keep Dreaming
Randall Cobb
Dez Bryant (Riiiiight....but they will have to pay Murray as well)

Point being, there for sure is some talent in the FA class. a number of guys that have the ability to be a legit #2 option. Shorts does intrigue me, though.

If we are in fact building like the Seahawks, don't expect big names at wr signings. The guys who contributed most were little known guys.

Expect more defense fa's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my opinion, the Browns biggest needs thus far are (in-order):

1. Defensive End
2. Nose Tackle
3. OL depth
4. Wide Receiver
5. Strong Safety

If last Sunday becomes a routine you're going to have to put qb at the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my opinion, the Browns biggest needs thus far are (in-order):

1. Defensive End
2. Nose Tackle
3. OL depth
4. Wide Receiver
5. Strong Safety

i will be honest i think the defensive line when healthy is quite a strength on this team. the problem is when you lose all 3 starters, at once, it turns it into a weakness. hopefully rubin and taylor will be able to return soon.

Reactions: caf
Yeah...it'll be interesting to see where we are once we come out of free agency. There's some solid WRs that are UFA's that could certainly help us out. These include:

Cecil Shorts (born in Cleveland, played at Mount Union)
Jeremy Maclin
Michael Crabtree (injury history scares me a bit)
Kenny Britt
Hakeem Nicks

Keep Dreaming
Randall Cobb
Dez Bryant (Riiiiight....but they will have to pay Murray as well)

Point being, there for sure is some talent in the FA class. a number of guys that have the ability to be a legit #2 option. Shorts does intrigue me, though.

Shorts is actually a very intriguing option. I'm sure he will want to get out of Jacksonville, and if Cleveland is interested, he could be in for a discount. He's not quite good enough to be a #1 receiver but he would be a solid #2 next to Gordon with Hawkins in the slot.

Shorts is probably my favorite option in free agency, but that really isn't saying much.

Another year full of good receivers in the draft, however:

Stef Diggs - Maryland
Kevin White - WVU
Justin Hardy - ECU

All guys I've brought up before.

A few who haven't been brought up before but fly a bit under the radar:

Jaelen Strong - ASU
Quinshad Davis - UNC
Ashton Broyld - Syracuse (More of a hybrid type WR/TE)

Shorts is probably my favorite option in free agency, but that really isn't saying much.

Stef Diggs - Maryland
Kevin White - WVU
Justin Hardy - ECU

Jaelen Strong - ASU
Quinshad Davis - UNC

There's definitely some good options available in the draft. However, with the the way Hoyer is trending, we'll most likely either be starting Manziel or another rookie next season, which means we'll need yet another high pick for a QB.

I'd like to add a vet such as Shorts because it would help to make the transition easier. Plus, he's still a young guy.

One other situation to keep an eye on. Austin Davis is a RFA at the end of this season. Bradford is only signed through 2015, but his cap hit is $16.5 mill. He's played really well as of late.

I'm sure that STL will want to keep him if he continues to play this well, but they'll essentially have to pay someone to take Bradford with his injury history. He's about the only QB I'd be interested in looking at in FA.

i will be honest i think the defensive line when healthy is quite a strength on this team. the problem is when you lose all 3 starters, at once, it turns it into a weakness. hopefully rubin and taylor will be able to return soon.

I disagree wholeheartedly. We have depth in numbers on the D-Line but we really lack the talent that fits Pettine's scheme. That includes Taylor and Rubin, both of whom don't possess the athleticism to play in this system and its really shown this year when they have been on the field-- both have been terrible. It's only year 1 with a group of linemen meant for Dick Jauron's system so I'd expect sweeping changes in this position group in the coming years.

Stef Diggs - Maryland
Kevin White - WVU
Justin Hardy - ECU

Jaelen Strong - ASU
Quinshad Davis - UNC

Devin Funchess has Alshon Jeffery's ball skills. Might need him for JFF's jump balls.

Justin Hardy showing everything he has against Connecticut.

thebutt.0.gif

Have been doing some research on the QB class this season.

Suffice it to say, I'm glad the Browns won't be looking in that direction this season.

None of these guys aren't largely flawed. Winston is a mechanical mess with a knack for terrible decisions and trying to do too much.

Mariota has been stagnant from a progression standpoint this season, but he's still my favorite guy from the class with Bryce Petty being a close second.

Guys like Prescott, Mannion and Hundley just do not do much for me.

Have been doing some research on the QB class this season.

Suffice it to say, I'm glad the Browns won't be looking in that direction this season.

None of these guys aren't largely flawed. Winston is a mechanical mess with a knack for terrible decisions and trying to do too much.

Mariota has been stagnant from a progression standpoint this season, but he's still my favorite guy from the class with Bryce Petty being a close second.

Guys like Prescott, Mannion and Hundley just do not do much for me.

I'm not too huge on any QB this year but I think you're way off base on jameis. The game comes natural to him and I think he's he's a great quick decision maker. And I'm not too sure about mechanical mess.. That's just being real nit picky

I'm not too huge on any QB this year but I think you're way off base on jameis. The game comes natural to him and I think he's he's a great quick decision maker. And I'm not too sure about mechanical mess.. That's just being real nit picky

We're going to hear this alot between now and April.

"He's just a winner, a natural." But when you turn on the tape, the first thing you notice is a dreadfully long wind up. After that you notice he breaks down under pressure and tends to throw it up, a great tendency when you're throwing to guys like he is but not next year.

This season, Florida State's offensive line has been pretty well exposed and it's caused Winston to feel the pressure against some of these good teams the last few weeks.

He throws off balance SO much, especially under pressure. For the duration of his career, he's been the most talented player on the field, he's never had to worry about setting his feet or not throwing off the wrong foot or across his body.

The TD to Ermon Lane last night is a great example, two guys just crash into each other preventing another INT:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:11793519

There were countless other throws last night that I'll GIF when the game gets put online, but I came away so unimpressed with him the last few times I've watched him.

Randy Gregory is REALLY impressive.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."