• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

NBA 2K15

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I just had 27/15/6 with 2 blocks and a steal on my first 7-minute quarter game on my My Career.. And the 2K servers dropped..

Just curious as to what your guys strategies are for MyTeam? I guess I can tell you mine.

I have been mostly getting crappy players from Domination and the VIP packs, so my new strategy is to get like 4,000 or so in MT points (about the cost of a VIP pack), and then spend that in the auction house on silver players and try to get like 2 or 3 players with it. I figure it is better to get 2 or 3 silver players of my choice over spending 4,000+ on a VIP pack and ending up with a crappy player.

Only problem is that it is really hard to get Gold players with that strategy because they are worth so much in the auction house. Also part of my new strategy is to collect as many cards as possible regardless of value.

Because in 2k14 I wouldn't keep any cards I didn't like and would sell them all. Then try to acrue that money and buy more packs until I got someone that I liked. So I'm going to try out this new way and see how it goes.

I thought all domination packs got the same players for some reason. I have had good luck in that case i've pulled a kobe, G.Monroe,Rudy Gay, & Al Horford and im just about halfway through Domination also managed to pull a Iggy, D.Williams and Drummond out of random VIP packs. I also got the 2 free packs & Rookie KD again for some reason but i'm not complaining lol. But now im stuck on getting 650 coins in a game to unlock the domination packs any tips on how to get the coins that high to unlock all 3 reward packs from here on out because it only gets higher vc per game from here on out.

Last edited:
What is your line up?

As of right now, it's...

PG - Cory Joseph (I have Trey Burke backing him up on the bench solely because I'm a tank with Joseph)
SG - Jodie Meeks
SF - Richard Jefferson
PF - Gerald Wallace
C - Varejao

I also have Wall on the IR, Sessions, Ridnour, and Cartier Martin floating around. I get pissed at the game really easy so I don't sit down and play for long periods.

I REALLY hate playing online in this game.

I try to play fair and run plays and everything, and I'm always getting smoked by those fuckers that just gun threes, take charges, and always try to steal your inbounds pass. The fucking defensive AI is so unresponsive that I literally cannot defend it because I can't control all five players at once. I need to rely on the computer for four of them and it does a horrible job at it.

I'm about done with MyTeam and playing online, and I'm just going to mess with MyCareer and MyGM, because online is a complete bullshit fest as always.

I REALLY hate playing online in this game.

I try to play fair and run plays and everything, and I'm always getting smoked by those fuckers that just gun threes, take charges, and always try to steal your inbounds pass. The fucking defensive AI is so unresponsive that I literally cannot defend it because I can't control all five players at once. I need to rely on the computer for four of them and it does a horrible job at it.

I'm about done with MyTeam and playing online, and I'm just going to mess with MyCareer and MyGM, because online is a complete bullshit fest as always.
Seriously, play domination.

I have up through the Bucks I think.

It's not personnel for me. I can score at will when I'm going good, but I just cannot play defense in this game. Guarding on the perimeter is impossible, and if you back off just a bit, you get threes in your eye all game long. I'm just at a loss.

Got an error message at the start of the 4th quarter in my Mycareer game. Kicked me all the way out to the ps4 menu. Had a dope game going too. 22pts 5rbs 11ast all for naught.

PSN servers down? I can't see my MT coins or VC coins..

I thought all domination packs don't get the same players for some reason. I have had good luck in that case i've pulled a kobe, G.Monroe,Rudy Gay, & Al Horford and im just about halfway through Domination also managed to pull a Iggy, D.Williams and Drummond out of random VIP packs. I also got the 2 free packs & Rookie KD again for some reason but i'm not complaining lol. But now im stuck on getting 650 coins in a game to unlock the domination packs any tips on how to get the coins that high to unlock all 3 reward packs from here on out because it only gets higher vc per game from here on out.
Assists and rebounds are the biggest. Make sure you have good rebounders and good three point shooters so those come easy. Oh, and fast break. Go as fast as you possibly can. If you cant get to the rim for a dunk/layup then pass for a three.

Also, you can't let the CPU take too long on their possessions. Take risks on defense. Lots of risks. I send double teams on every possession. It either forces a turnover or forces a quick shot, either way that's a win for me. I don't even care if they score, I win every game by a bare minimum of 20 points anyways. The coins you earn have nothing to do with defense (other than steals and blocks!) so go all out on D.

FG%, 3PT%, FT% all count, so try to be efficient as possible.

I'm halfway through and I haven't come close to not earning all 3 stars yet.

Servers are being rough on my end too (PS4). Played a Domination game, got three stars, and then none of it counted.

Yeah it's messed up right now. Giving up for the night.

Servers are being rough on my end too (PS4). Played a Domination game, got three stars, and then none of it counted.

Same issue on xbone. Completed a challenge and then it said i didn't meet the requirements after the game even though it wouldn't let me start the game unless i met the requirements in the first place :chuckle:

Last edited:
The new court for the Cavs in 2K looks great!

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."