• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cavs Training Camp (roster down to 15)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Correct. He knows Blatt very well. Pick is a must follow on twitter as long as Blatt is coach of this team.

This. Even did a Q&A with Cavs fans via email who didn't know Blatt well, like me.

Didn't he do the same with RCF?

Dion is a volume shooter who stinks. I dont care what the objective data shows. He just is.

If Allen comes, we def have to cut Alex Kirk, the difference between him and the next player (Joe Harris) is night and day. I really can't believe he is the best of the scrap heap at the center position.

If Allen comes, we def have to cut Alex Kirk, the difference between him and the next player (Joe Harris) is night and day. I really can't believe he is the best of the scrap heap at the center position.

The "next player" isn't Joe Harris, it is AJ Price. He'll be gone just for the fact that he is a guard and we are in need of bigs.

I rather see armundson go, the fact that Kirk can play center means something.

I rather see armundson go, the fact that Kirk can make a layup means something.

Fixed it for you buddy.

Kirk has done well in training camp and not a liability in preseason

The Cavs have waived Shane Edwards as expected, bringing their roster down to 15.

Lou Amundson, Alex Kirk, A. J. Price make the team (at least for now).

If Allen comes I think Price will be the odd man out since KI, Delly, Dion, and LeBron can play pg duties.

After Edwards was cut early Saturday, multiple sources say the Cavs will enter the season with the 15 players remaining on the roster.

If and when Ray Allen does sign, seems inevitable AJ Price will be waived. I don't really see that he adds a whole lot, aside from some garbage minute scoring, if he is active.

With Alex Kirk, I think it is unlikely he ever turns out to be a viable NBA player, or that he is the best big man available to fill out the roster. But I'm not going to lose any sleep over it if Blatt thinks he fits the team and his own philosophy.

With Amundson, I mean, he has always been offensively limited, but he may take it to a new level this year. My bigger concern is whether he will rebound and defend well enough.

I think Griffin values his relationship with Amundson too much to waive him.

So I don't think the Cavs are even considering replacing one of these guys with a released player, but my personal opinion is they should take a look at Khem Birch, whom Miami surprisingly waived after playing well for them during TC. He is known as a hard worker (and thus presumably wouldn't cause locker room problems), and has demonstrated an ability to block shots (which is what everyone says the team needs) and rebound, both of which he did well at UNLV. I get the sense that Griffin/Blatt are big fans of offensively unskilled bigmen, but most rim protectors are limited offensively. Even in this era, big men who can block shots and defensive rebound have value, and Birch projects to be this type of player.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."