• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

#8: Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State University

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The Browns and Justin Gilbert have their own problems, but it's good that he isn't in Jason Verrett's position right now.. Feel bad for that guy; he was playing very well. Looks like he's going to be sitting for potentially the rest of the season. He also had shoulder surgery prior to the draft...

He played very well overall today. There were couple of mishaps but he had a huge pass break up in the first half and his cover skills seem to be improving each week.

Last edited:
Agreed. Gilbert looked a lot better today. Would have been nice if he didn't give up the TD in garbage time, but it is what it is. Nice to see the improvement.

Definitely see improvement with him which is encouraging. They picked on him a few times today and for the most part he showed well. He still has room to grow but he's improved from weeks 1 and 2.

Did Gilbert get any snaps on defense yesterday? I didn't see him out there. Game 10 and he can't see the field except as a gunner?

Did Gilbert get any snaps on defense yesterday? I didn't see him out there. Game 10 and he can't see the field except as a gunner?

It's a good think K'Waun Williams is playing great out there. That is why Gilbert isn't seeing the field.

Until he beats out Skrine, who has been playing pretty well, there isn't much room for him.

I saw him a few times out there with the "I really wish I wasn't doing this right now" body language.

I don't know if that was simply because he's been relegated to special teams or because he's starting to just not like playing football.

On one punt return, he honestly didn't even take a big hit but then walked gingerly over to the sideline, like he had been blindsided by a mac truck. He was tangled up with someone blocking but then shook his head like he was trying to get the cob webs out. Just seemed a little odd to me.

Maybe his confidence is just shot right now, who knows but something didn't look right to me when focusing only on him. Not sure if anyone else noticed that as well but it was a little worrisome in a vacuum.

So how many of the team's draft picks are contributing? The UDFAs are nice, but I can't imagine that you are going to find enough talent to build a sustainable success that way. Is Bitonio the only one out of the first 5 rounds?

So how many of the team's draft picks are contributing? The UDFAs are nice, but I can't imagine that you are going to find enough talent to build a sustainable success that way. Is Bitonio the only one out of the first 5 rounds?

Bitonio is a Pro Bowl caliber player, Kirksey has been in on the field for 430+ snaps. West obviously has been a factor in many games, Crowell as well.

Gabriel has been incredibly good.

I'm honestly not sure how you could ask for much more, especially considering the potential Gilbert has.

I think that is kind of unfair to be honest. If your GM hits on half his draft picks, you're going to be a winning organization.

Give all the guys we've found in just one draft cycle, I don't know how anyone can complain at this point. In the end it doesn't matter where the players come from (1st round or UDFA), the only thing that matters is if they can contribute.

Is it frustrating Gilbert isn't playing? Sure but we also hedged that bet by acquiring Atlanta's draft pick in 2015.

Bitonio is a Pro Bowl caliber player, Kirksey has been in on the field for 430+ snaps. West obviously has been a factor in many games, Crowell as well.

I'm honestly not sure how you could ask for much more, especially considering the potential Gilbert has.

So you think it's just the fact that Skrine has been playing so well? I suppose that is encouraging. As the Dline has shown, depth is important.

So you think it's just the fact that Skrine has been playing so well? I suppose that is encouraging. As the Dline has shown, depth is important.

That's the only hurdle, IMO. He's not a guy you're going to put inside in the nickel.

He's played much better as the season went on, IMO. Sky is the limit, honestly. If they fall out of the playoff chase I'd imagine we'll see more of him.

I agree with you somewhat. I think the draft was a successful one in totality however, I think you can absolutely ask for more because you should expect more from the 2 first rounders. I liked the Gilbert pick and I'm not as down on him as some but I would have expected more of a contribution by now. Manziel to me is and always has been a wasted pick.

I agree with you somewhat. I think the draft was a successful one in totality however, I think you can absolutely ask for more because you should expect more from the 2 first rounders. I liked the Gilbert pick and I'm not as down on him as some but I would have expected more of a contribution by now. Manziel to me is and always has been a wasted pick.

Gilbert could come out in a few years dominating, we just don't know. You can't grade a draft after one year.

How long did it take for Gipson to turn the corner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk at your local pub.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."