• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Anthony Bennett

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I didn't like all the picks that got burned through this summer. I'm glad we kept Dion and Tristan tho. I felt the extra first was a lot. When is the last time the number one pick has been traded? Kyrie doesn't count because it was just a 1.5 percent chance at the number one.

I realize Bennett had little value, but it was still an incredible haul for Minny.

I'm not going to cry now, but this and what we gave up to get rid of Jack seemed like Griff spent some time in the wood shed. We got what we wanted tho.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge regarding the Jack trade,
why did we wanna get rid of him for what reason? cap space?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge regarding the Jack trade,
why did we wanna get rid of him for what reason? cap space?

That, and the fact that he blew ass and didn't like being here.

The only offseason subtraction I am upset about is Tyler Zeller. He'd fit in real well with this team this season.

When the Cavs signed Jack, they thought they'd have enough cap space to keep Jack & sign Lebron if the opportunity came along. Then they won the lottery. The salary hold for the #1 pick didn't give them the cap space to sign Lebron anymore, so someone had to go. Jack was an easy choice for several reasons (under performed but still had value as a player), but maybe the biggest was that Dellavedova appeared to make Jack redundant for 1/6 the $$$$.

From what I hear, the Cavs & Zeller were not a happy couple off the court & the Cavs were ready to let him blossom elsewhere. Cavs didn't shed any tears when they shed salary last summer.

From what I hear, the Cavs & Zeller were not a happy couple off the court & the Cavs were ready to let him blossom elsewhere. Cavs didn't shed any tears when they shed salary last summer.

Yeah, I get that they weren't exactly happy with Zeller. I just hate that we basically gave him up for nothing. I think he had value that and we should have gotten more for him than the right to shed Jack's contract. We probably could have re-routed the dead money from Brooklyn to Philly for a second rounder and then sent Zeller elsewhere for a late first or something.

Yeah, I get that they weren't exactly happy with Zeller. I just hate that we basically gave him up for nothing. I think he had value that and we should have gotten more for him than the right to shed Jack's contract. We probably could have re-routed the dead money from Brooklyn to Philly for a second rounder and then sent Zeller elsewhere for a late first or something.

My first thought is that you might have been right if the Cavs had more time to look for a trade partner, but then we don't really know how long the Cavs were looking to line up trade partners. Could be there still wasn't much optimism about Zeller from other teams last summer after the Cavs had been trying to find buyers for months. Considering how many teams gave up first round picks in trades last year, it might have been pretty hard to get a first round pick for Zeller.

I had a lower opinion of Zeller than most. By March of last season, it seemed pretty obvious why he fell out of the lottery on draft night. He was never a "can't miss" prospect, but I was ready to write him off as finesse big, a below average rebounder, and not good enough at anything else to make up for his short comings in the paint. When he played, it looked like he thought the other players had cooties. He was worth his rookie contract for the time being on the outside chance that he starts to figure stuff out in the next two years, but it was looking less and less likely that he'd be worth his qualifying offer after that.

I'm just happy that the Cavs got something for Bennett. I was worried that the Cavs were going to have refuse the team option on his contract before his 4 years were up to get rid of the salary.

My first thought is that you might have been right if the Cavs had more time to look for a trade partner, but then we don't really know how long the Cavs were looking to line up trade partners. Could be there still wasn't much optimism about Zeller from other teams last summer after the Cavs had been trying to find buyers for months. Considering how many teams gave up first round picks in trades last year, it might have been pretty hard to get a first round pick for Zeller.

I had a lower opinion of Zeller than most. By March of last season, it seemed pretty obvious why he fell out of the lottery on draft night. He was never a "can't miss" prospect, but I was ready to write him off as finesse big, a below average rebounder, and not good enough at anything else to make up for his short comings in the paint. When he played, it looked like he thought the other players had cooties. He was worth his rookie contract for the time being on the outside chance that he starts to figure stuff out in the next two years, but it was looking less and less likely that he'd be worth his qualifying offer after that.

I'm just happy that the Cavs got something for Bennett. I was worried that the Cavs were going to have refuse the team option on his contract before his 4 years were up to get rid of the salary.
you thought the cavs were going to have to refuse the option on his contract after one season? interesting...

you thought the cavs were going to have to refuse the option on his contract after one season? interesting...

That's not really what I was trying to say. I was thinking about where the team would be after preseason 2015 if Bennett had not shown any improvement. Would they pick up his $7.3 option for 2016 if they were facing luxury tax issues?

Playing like that Thaddeous Young better watch out

Someone predicted that Bennett would win "most improved player" this year. And no, that Thompson listed does not play for the Cavs.

http://espn.go.com/nba/notebook/_/page/MIP1415/2014-15-most-improved-player

Final tally (votes): Antetokounmpo (5 votes); Drummond (5); Adams (2); Butler (2); Sullinger (2); Thompson (2); Asik (1); Beal (1); Bennett (1); Favors (1); Gobert (1); Harris (1); Lamb (1); Leonard (1); Oladipo (1); Valanciunas (1).

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."