• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Andrew Wiggins

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Remember when Bennett had that awesome preseason 4th quarter against Orlando?
All I remember about that game is they made Jeff Phelps do the play-by-play instead of Fred, and it did not go well. :chuckle:

If you think people aren't going to be thinking back to that massive trade you are crazy. We traded 2 number one draft picks for someone. Regardless if we win or not, the trade will be under a microscope by Cavs fans for the next 15 years.

There's nothing wrong with questioning the front office's decisions. We don't have to blindly follow everything Griffin does and accept it as the word of God.

(sorry in advance for bringing up old topics... I was MIA for 2+ weeks...)

(and WARNING: long post)

Just as an aside, Lyst... there are some examples of teams selling the farm for success.

I recall a certain 2 deals made in 2008 that led to the Celtics' mini-run. It was just enough to convince most of the league to follow the same protocol (Lakers get older-brother Gasol same year, Cavs go for several poor-man's stars, the Heat go for those free agent signings-turned-into-trades, the Lakers go for Howard, and us).

If we use this as a table for measuring regret, there's 6 examples right here, 3 that got championships out of it, and 1 that hasn't even tried yet (pretty much looking like a greater than 60% chance of that ultimate goal).

I'm pretty certain the Celtics don't care that it was about 4 or 5 years. They got one out of it and tend to lean on that history anyways. More than that, I'm sure the Timberwolves and Sonics-turned-Thunder really weren't able to do much until they needed their own reboots. Even with Durant, they couldn't beat the Heat. And the Wolves no longer have Jefferson for their youth project they have consistently been using. They got close to the playoffs but let's face it, the competition in the West is mind-boggling.

Let's try the next one... the Lakers were able to make a deal because they had some ammo to fall back on, but it was the difference maker from 2008-2010. But they lost a couple of "assets", with only one still competing in the league. Marc Gasol helped make the Grizzlies a constant playoff contender, but that window seems steep. The only reason they're still in it is because of having that burly 7 foot Spaniard. Meanwhile, the Lakers are also notorious for historical success, they don't care about that 3 year window with 2 championships being a short-lived window.

We know about the Cavs deals with Mo and with Shaq. It's hard to say it would even matter (or if these deals should even be considered with the framework of the transactions), but there's no question we were close. But we mostly got has-beens and rejects that were improvements over the garbage we dealt. Personally, I would consider it the best period to this point as most would. But they were mostly "capitalizing" deals. Can't say they count.

What about the Heat? Didn't they technically mortgage the future for the old "win-now" slogan? They dealt everybody away before they finally got their salary cap space for the superstars. And most of them weren't exactly the greatest of the great (they even dealt their remaining assets to the Cavs and Raptors in draft picks). After an 8-14 start, they sure loved making the finals 4 times with 2 banners, didn't they?

The Lakers tried to make it work as well, but because of the lack of resources (a couple of coaches who failed miserably, no real trade assets, an imperfect team) and a clock that ran out inevitably for Kobe made the Howard deal moot. Wonder how far they might've made it if Howard wasn't so obnoxious and if Phil wasn't a quitter...?

The last significant one was the one that hasn't been tried yet, the LBJ-Love-Kyrie tandem. I've learned from 2009 not to expect the end goal to be had, because anything can happen. But the same can be applied to our "friends" from the New England and Southeast Florida channels. Since Love and Kyrie are heading into their primes (and LeBron is still there for a few years), I tend to have a little faith. There might be a little wait, but just getting one championship will last us a decade, even if Wiggins and Bennett work out for the Wolves in the wonderfully competitive conference.

Again, 2 1st overall picks in a somewhat meager couple of drafts isn't exactly a formula for success. I mean, we still have a first overall pick and 2 top five picks to guide us, with that theory. Be careful with what you assume. Most of what we want in today's league is wins, not potential-that-might-become-gold.

If you believe in the Cleveland Curse, the Cavs will lose in the finals in 2015 while Lebron's back goes Larry Bird after that, leading toward his early retirement in a couple of years. The team never wins the NBA title and slowly enters a period of mediocrity. While Wiggins blows up into the games next superstar and Bennett turns into above average starter. Then we will whine what Kyrie,Dion,Wiggins,Bennett could have been.

That is what being a Cleveland fan is about. Until the curse is broken, we will alway live in fear of the worst possible outcome.

If you believe in the Cleveland Curse, the Cavs will lose in the finals in 2015 while Lebron's back goes Larry Bird after that, leading toward his early retirement in a couple of years. The team never wins the NBA title and slowly enters a period of mediocrity. While Wiggins blows up into the games next superstar and Bennett turns into above average starter. Then we will whine what Kyrie,Dion,Wiggins,Bennett could have been.

That is what being a Cleveland fan is about. Until the curse is broken, we will alway live in fear of the worst possible outcome.
:info (7): :banhim: :fuyou 1:

That is what you do: live in fear of the worst possible outcome. You are waiting for something bad to happen.

Be optimistic!! For once.

thats literally the most out There situation possible lol

But yeah ppl are so doom and gloom sometimes like wtf enjoy this shit man. 31 teams would trade their roster for ours.

There needs to be a "fucking asshole" option in the ratings buttons for posts like these.

Are you sure we won't all be dead of Ebola by then?

If you think people aren't going to be thinking back to that massive trade you are crazy. We traded 2 number one draft picks for someone. Regardless if we win or not, the trade will be under a microscope by Cavs fans for the next 15 years.

There's nothing wrong with questioning the front office's decisions. We don't have to blindly follow everything Griffin does and accept it as the word of God.

No we didn't. No we didn't. No we didn't. No we didn't. No we didn't. No we didn't. No we didn't. No we didn't. No we didn't. No we didn't.

We traded players not picks, players not picks, players not picks, players not picks, players not picks.

Maybe if I spam it people will stop saying we traded two number 1 overall picks. We traded players boys. It's WAAAAAY different.

thats literally the most out There situation possible lol

But yeah ppl are so doom and gloom sometimes like wtf enjoy this shit man. 31 teams would trade their roster for ours.

Who are the extra 2 teams?

Ok, so does Wiggy play tonight? I want to watch the game, but not if it's on the same night as the Cavs. I bought my cable companies equivalent of League pass for this season, so I want to make use of it.

Wiggins decides to stick it to us for trading him by giving Chicago a win. Minnesota could have been 3-0 as they outplayed Memphis for large stretches of their game and hung tough with Chicago tonight.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."