• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Johnny Manziel: Swan Won't Return His Calls

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Get Manziel on the field line him up anywhere except the offensive line.
dual quarterbacks . End around options, reverse, pitch outs, etc. decoy

The response i got was as if i was suggesting Manziel actually play those positions.

yeah its gimmicky so what the Browns need some gimmicks for an offense that is constantly sputtering.

They are 28th in 3rd down conversions. 24th in time of possession and at the same time 3rds in yards per play and 14th in scoring.

What better way to remedy your sputtering offense than by lining up a 5'10 tight end against linebackers who are faster than he is.

Lookout, '99 Rams...

And there's the disconnect you're having with everyone else in this thread. Your suggestion is not reasonable, despite how many times you want to isolate one play (that technically didn't even happen).

I haven't seen anyone suggest having Manziel on the field for a change of pace or different look is a bad thing, but they're disagreeing with the options you're laying out. Manziel is at his best when he's improvising. Tough to draw up plays with improvisation as the core of its success. Manziel is an undersized, (relatively) slow player, with zero polish at any position outside of spread QB.

EDIT: Didn't realize there were 3 new pages since this post. Feel free to flag as Old - I'd do it if I could.

Bootleg roll out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I figured it out, tornicade is Booms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChuckBooms_1.jpg

According to Grossi, the internal pressure to play Manziel has gone up considerably.

Which basically means Haslam wants to see Manziel, imo.

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=39291
didnt read the article, but if its just to play manziel occasionally to get a play in or two, i have no problem with that. if its actually to transition him in, "internal pressure" needs to shut the fuck up. Its clear to every single god damn person out there (other than torniacide) that hoyer is a much better QB than manziel is.

also if "internal pressure" ever wants to be able to hire a real coach again bullshit like this needs to stop

Reactions: AZ_
Give the kid a shot, Hoyer isn't leading the Browns anywhere special.

didnt read the article, but if its just to play manziel occasionally to get a play in or two, i have no problem with that. if its actually to transition him in, "internal pressure" needs to shut the fuck up. Its clear to every single god damn person out there (other than torniacide) that hoyer is a much better QB than manziel is.

also if "internal pressure" ever wants to be able to hire a real coach again bullshit like this needs to stop
i wouldn't say much better, it's not like we've had a lot of regular season reps to judge manziel

i still say stick with hoyer though

Kyle Shanahan had to say.
"The more time he gets, the better he'll be, especially since he works hard and he takes his reps seriously whether it's on the scout team or whether it's the reps we give him with the ones," said Shanahan. "Johnny has been working hard, working on his technique, studying the game and getting used to NFL coverages more and how NFL defenses play us each week. It's been good for him to watch Brian each week and see how defenses change and how our concepts have to change and how we adjust."

If the Browns go out and lose to an 0-6 team helmed by a rookie qb. It wouldnt surprise me the Browns would reassess Manziels involvement in the offense at this point .

I also wouldnt be surprised to see Manziel run a series or two in todays game

You guys really messed this one up kelvin Benjamin is the truth he is beating Sherman like he stole something scary.
Benjamin/Gordon/Cameron would have been crazy.

You guys really messed this one up kelvin Benjamin is the truth he is beating Sherman like he stole something scary.
Benjamin/Gordon/Cameron would have been crazy.

Hindsight really revises the present that was draft day. The Panthers took a big risk and it has paid off thus far.

Kelvin Benjamin blew off a team pre-draft because he was "too tired". He also had conditioning/weight issues early in his career at FSU. He's a raw route runner who was scouted as a guy who had problems catching the ball. Now, it seems like he's turned the corner as a young man and that would be huge for the Panthers.

The Browns once took a risk on a guy who was a raw route runner, had character concerns and had issues with the dropsies. His name is Greg Little. Nobody is commending that risk taken, so I'm not going to chastise the Browns for trying to take a foundation building approach to fixing this mess rather than taking another risk.

Benjamin also sat out part of the first drive for disciplinary reasons this week.

Good player, though.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."