• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2015 Postseason Thread and Predictions

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who Will Win the World Series?

• Total voters
I'm not a baseball expert, but is James Shields overrated or has he just sucked during this postseason? The other pitchers for the Royals have seem to done just as well, if not better than Shields, but Shields is getting paid like 5 times as much I'm sure.

He's certainly not "Big Game" James. He was a good pitcher this year, but he's been an awful postseason pitcher. For his whole career.

Giants win 3-2 in Game 7. Three World Series wins for the Giants in the last five years.

Too bad. I think the whole country wanted KC.

That was such a heartbreaker. My heart literally hurts.

Anyone else think Alex Gordon should have been sent?

Joel Skinner esque, Crawford does have a gun though

Anyone else think Alex Gordon should have been sent?

Joel Skinner esque, Crawford does have a gun though
Maybe if he didn't dog it out of the box he could have scored. He also almost tripped turning second. I would like to see the split camera where one is on runner and on the ball being fielded.

Reactions: AZ_
Too bad. I think the whole country wanted KC.

The West Coast from the central valley up to Portland has plenty of Giants fans. If you didn't appreciate the way Mad Bum put the team on his back, I can't help you.

The West Coast from the central valley up to Portland has plenty of Giants fans. If you didn't appreciate the way Mad Bum put the team on his back, I can't help you.

Great performance, but KC was clearly the better story. They will have another chance in 2043.

Great performance, but was clearly the better story. They will have another chance in 2043.

"Better story" is subjective and immeasurable. Do you follow the AL or NL? The Midwest or West Coast? Dynasties or parity? Veteran teams or up and coming players?

I didn't think the Giants had the talent most of the summer, but they managed their youth in flux, injuries, and in game as well as you possibly can. This was one underdog wild card against the other. In the end, it took a super human effort by one pitcher for almost two months straight to win it.

Fun series.

^ I get what you are saying, looking at the team level and the story within the story. I mean at a macro level. The small market, Midwest team which hadn't won in 29 years vs. the large market, West Coast, team who has won two recent titles. I think objectively speaking, it's hard to argue who the better story was. Who cares, at the end of the day, SF won, and they get to be called a dynasty. We should call their GM today, maybe he will be drunk and take Nick Swisher off our hands.

We will see if you change your tune in the offseason after the Cavaliers win a championship.

:celb (23):

I don't understand? The Cavs are the small market team which hasn't won in a billion years. Right? What am I missing? Happy for you that SF won since you are out there, but KC would have been cooler in my eyes.

I do like you optimism about the Cavs title though!

That's just it, we are debating something completely subjective. In many people's eyes, a Giants win was a rewarding and "cool" experience for a multitude of reasons. It just depends on your subjective likes and dislikes. Some people will be sick that LeBron made a super team. It will be hard for me to give a shit about them and their subjective opinions.

Go Cavs!

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."