• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Rate the last movie you saw

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
saw Fury and Equalizer last night at the drive in. Fury looked good, was distracted.

Equalizer is absolute shit. So underdeveloped and corny. "Paying homage to the 70's" is a cop out, I aknowledge it but refuse to let it impact my opinion about the movie.

trite as fuck, cliche after cliche, awful catchphrase. Denzel is better than this movie.. I thought the same thing about Taken, which all the reviews are copmaring this to.

I see it as 'movies didn't need to do anything special 30 years ago', and this is that. Doesn't say anything innovative or thought provoking, just very SIMPLY creates a good guy and a bad guy and they fight. The Russian dude's accent was not quite Russian, not quite German and not quite English, which is fine and GOOD as character develeopment if its actually referenced.

Last edited:
Some highlights from this Marvel thingy:
  • Captain America 3 set for May 6th, 2016. It's titled Captain America: Civil War.
  • November 4th, 2016 will see the release of Doctor Strange, directed by Scott Derrickson.
  • May 5th, 2017 will be the Guardians of the Galaxy sequel.
  • July 28th, 2017 is Thor: Ragnarok.
  • November 3rd, 2017 is Black Panther. Chadwick Boseman will star.
  • July 6th, 2018 is Captain Marvel. Carol Danvers confirmed as the main character.
  • November 2nd, 2018 is Inhumans.
  • Avengers: Infinity War is confirmed. It's a two-part film. Part one is set for May 4th, 2018. Part two is set for May 3rd, 2019.
Sadly, looks like no Spider-Man announcement, at least not yet. Ah well, still a pretty crazy film line-up, and the big announcement that the third Avengers title will be split into two films. Marvel out there printing money.

I still haven't even seen Guardians of the Galaxy. Is it out at movie stores yet?

I am assuming that Avengers: Infinity War pt.2 in May 2019 will be the last one?

I still haven't even seen Guardians of the Galaxy. Is it out at movie stores yet?

I am assuming that Avengers: Infinity War pt.2 in May 2019 will be the last one?

It's their last Phase 3 movie. You better believe they're going to keep making these as long as they're raking in cash, though.

Phase 4 might focus on some different Avengers, though. I'm assuming that Winter Soldier will don Captain America's armor once Evans departs the series, and Marvel is introducing a lot of new characters for a reason. Hopefully they'll get Spider-Man back at some point, and maybe Fantastic Four as well.

They've also got those Netflix series in the works, so there could be some crossovers done there as well. I'd definitely like to see Daredevil show up in a (non-Afflec) movie at some point. I'm pretty sure he was on at least a couple of Avengers rosters.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/3...-new-dates-and-titles-including-black-panther

I am beyond a fanboy now. I never was into comics and put off seeing Iron Man in 2008 for like 4 months, I then succumbed to peer pressure saw it and now I am gone. I am into super hero movies, beyond reality tv shows and I find myself reading about characters I know little about online. I am excited by all of this right now.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - 4.5/10

If Michael Bay was ever serious about making this profitable then he better up the ante cos this movie sucked ass. The First Ninja turtle with the cutesy faces and an unknown April O Neil had a much better story and a more darker and serious feel to it. Lets talk about the positives first - The CGI as expected, They did a decent job of depicting the turtles and April's character, The movie was decently paced.

The negatives - Paper thin plot, The revelation of how they learnt martial arts and shredder was just a baddie who fights the turtles - No character was built properly for everybody else.

I wanted to watch the 1980s ninja turtles movie again just to cleanse my head of this rubbish. And What happened to Megan Fox? She went from being someone we wanted to
If you dont know then you dont deserve to know
to someone you wanted to just have tea with.

I agree with turtles. I put it in the same class as amazing spiderman in that the only thing it did well was the dialogue of the hero/es

the rest of it was a pain and will arnett I mean he must have hated this shoot.

I agree with turtles. I put it in the same class as amazing spiderman in that the only thing it did well was the dialogue of the hero/es

the rest of it was a pain and will arnett I mean he must have hated this shoot.
I had a lot of expectation for him ... Heard part 2 is green lighted and will feature Casey Jones. Hope they cast Sean William Scott in that role.

Finally finished Suspiria. 7/10 overall but sets and soundtrack 10/10. I just can't handle the majority of movies from that time period. Acting was just really poor and the effects are usually distracting.

The movie is basically art. The sets, the colors and just the overall visual experience are incredible. The acting was absolutely piss poor. The plot didn't make much sense. And what was the point Of them being at a ballet school if there was no ballet?

Captain America: Winter Soldier - 6.5/10. Outside of seeing my old house in a movie (best part of the movie, btw), it was pretty meh. Way too scripted. Loved the first one

There will be blood 9.5/10

Acting and directing was awesome. Daniel day Lewis is a beast. That kid that played Eli was really good too. Was a tiny bit slow and a little long but if you're into movies you'd appriciate it.

Anybody with a review on Nightcrawler? I've heard great things from a friend who prides himself on critiquing movies. He also said it could be considered a breakout performance for Gyllenhaal (a la McConaughey's revival in 2013/2014).

I always wondered...how can you tell if directing is good in a movie?

If the plot is bad but you go 'oh thats pretty' its good directing.

If you get to a point in the film and you notice your uncomfortable in the seat at the theatre its bad directing.

Seriously though i think the hardest thing is getting the pace right and keeping the mundane interesting. Take kevin smith as an example, the guy can write dialogue extremely well, but he cant shoot it for shit.

Then michael bay is at the over end, it could be a simple line of dialogue and he will have 3 cameras cutting and panning all over the place.
I really hate the trend in action for multiple cuts during the fight scene about 5s apart. I want to see the stunt men fight. I blame the bourne supremacy, identity had worse fight scenes but so much easier to see.

John Wick

8/10

Lots of killing, some decent acting. The plot leaves a lot to be desired, so hopefully we get more details in a prequel/sequel.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."