• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

LeBron James

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Let's all pump the brakes. He played terrible in a game everyone wanted him to win. But let me put this in perspective for you all.

LeBron and the Cavs lost their opener in 2008-09 to Boston and still won 66 games.
LeBron and the Heat lost their opener in 2010, then in their 2nd game against Philly, LeBron had 16 points and 9 turnovers. That team won 58 games and made the Finals.

I know his performance ruined the moment and let everyone down, but let's not forget this is a process. This is a great wake-up call for this team. Nerves got the better of them tonight. 81 more games to go.

Oh and by the way, Philly started their season 3-0 last year. How'd that turn out?

He's been terrible ever since coming back. Hopefully he can get his shit together quickly.

I worry about the weight-loss. I hope he didn't go off the HGH, when he left Miami. That wouldn't be fair.

LeBron and LeBron led teams have always been slow starters. So I'm neither worried nor stunned he didn't play particularly well.

LeBron and LeBron led teams have always been slow starters. So I'm neither worried nor stunned he didn't play particularly well.

I been trying to say this as well, Also FWIW the Thunder are 0-2 Yet they will be a top four seed by the end of the season.

I been trying to say this as well, Also FWIW the Thunder are 0-2 Yet they will be a top four seed by the end of the season.

Westbrook has a hand fracture

He will be out around 6 weeks I'm hearing

OKC is already shallow on scoring and depth in general besides their two stars and they don't have a popovich level coach

I worry about the weight-loss. I hope he didn't go off the HGH, when he left Miami. That wouldn't be fair.

What is this HGH talk? Did I miss a rumor?

James had a bad game and was a big reason we lost. Not gonna panic over one game and think he isn't the best player in the world.

Most worried about lack of explosion, no dunks, and a loose handle with a high dribble.

He may have some back issues. When you add are that tall you need to use your lower back to gain leverage to get around the corner, I didn't see that once last night.

Most worried about lack of explosion, no dunks, and a loose handle with a high dribble.

He may have some back issues. When you add are that tall you need to use your lower back to gain leverage to get around the corner, I didn't see that once last night.

This is my worry too.

I don't care that he is missing shots / misplacing passes / looks passive. All of that will come with time in the system. But if his explosion is gone, then we are in real difficulties. I assumed he was sandbagging/resting during the PS, but for it to continue into the regular season???

LeBron completely overthought this game. He never came close to getting in the flow, and that threw everything out of whack. I mean, eight turnovers? Go back and look at how often he struggled w/ his handle just bringing the ball up the court. He couldn't get out of his own way.

We've seen him lay eggs like this before. We've also seen what happens when people talk trash about his play. It's been a lovefest since he announced he was coming back; this game is going to stick in his craw, which will almost certainly bring out his best. He needs to get up this morning, turn on First Take (can't believe I'm suggesting this) and let that nonsense fire him up.

Wow ouch... Well they will still be in the play offs and healthy I assume but that sucks for them.
Wow.

Durant 6-8 weeks, Westbrook 4-6 weeks with Reggie Jackson, Jeremy Lamb, and Anthony Morrow all down.

That team can't afford to not hit on all cylinders when they get healthy. They may need to make a run to guarantee a middle seed playoff spot.

not sure okc even make the playoffs now. yes west is that good

There are some things about LeBron that I will be watching for in the next few games...
1. Will he start exploding to/attacking the basket?
2. Has his ball handling skills gotten a little worse? The way that he has lost the ball in game 1 & the preseason and the lack of dribble moves is a unlike him.
3. Has he lost some of his leaping ability?

Oh he did. That was his gift to us. Returning home as old, crippled LeBron.
I don't think the weight is a real issue in terms of attacking the basket. Maybe he has lost some of his qucikness. Watch 1:05, 2:00, 2:25, 3:01 & 3:43. This was in 2004 when was as skinny as he has ever been in his career. We all might be overreacting but I want to see him attacking the basket and finishing like he use to.

Last edited:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."