• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Game 1 | Cavs (0-0) vs Knicks (0-1) | October 30, 2014 | 8pm EST

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
And looking back on the box score, Blatt rode the starters way too much. LeBron at 43 minutes, Love at 38 I think, Kyrie over 40, Dion at 37, basically 38. He did a great job of balancing the rotation in the preseason from what I remember but he did a rather poor job last night.

First NBA game so I'm cutting him some slack but I'm hoping we see improvement in that area as the season goes on (I think we will). Marion only got 10 minutes last night and he referred to that stat as "interesting" so I think we'll have a problem if Blatt continues to not play the guys LeBron recruited so hard to come here.

Knicks players could have used a trip to the Cleveland Clinic after what Kyrie did to those ankles.

You tell me who sounds more reasonable. The "Dion honk" citing his stats from last night's game? Or the guy is pissed off at Dion for things he did last year?

My man, he isn't a world beater. He's the 4th or 5th option in the starting lineup at this point. His stats were ok and I disagree that he played very well in his role. He had some turnovers himself (3), was -2 in differential and had 3 personal fouls. The reason I'm not citing stats is because it's ONE FUCKING GAME. If you're not going to address both sides of a performance, I don't see any benefit addressing you.

Sound like a bunch of teenagers in love.

My man, he isn't a world beater. He's the 4th or 5th option in the starting lineup at this point. His stats were ok and I disagree that he played very well in his role. He had some turnovers himself (3), was -2 in differential and had 3 personal fouls. The reason I'm not citing stats is because it's ONE FUCKING GAME. If you're not going to address both sides of a performance, I don't see any benefit addressing you.

-2 in differential was the best of the starting lineup. He has lead the starters in +/- in 4 of the 8 games including preseason, and lead the team overall in the preseason. You don't like the guy so you dismiss his role on the team, but when he plays a bigger role the team is better.

:chuckle: Criticizing Dion's attitude/mind-set sometimes makes me not like Dion. :chuckle:

Cry a little harder.

And looking back on the box score, Blatt rode the starters way too much. LeBron at 43 minutes, Love at 38 I think, Kyrie over 40, Dion at 37, basically 38. He did a great job of balancing the rotation in the preseason from what I remember but he did a rather poor job last night.

First NBA game so I'm cutting him some slack but I'm hoping we see improvement in that area as the season goes on (I think we will). Marion only got 10 minutes last night and he referred to that stat as "interesting" so I think we'll have a problem if Blatt continues to not play the guys LeBron recruited so hard to come here.
I agree with the comment made about the starters. I think Blatt got sucked in by the moment, and felt obligated to ride LBJ to a victory. Im not sure who manages the minutes on the coaching staff, but they should have brought this to Blatts attention. I see 23 minutes between those 4 that could have gone to Marion & Miller. We needed a floor spacer and Miller would have helped that. No one could seem to knock down a big shot, and when that happens Miller usually steps in (see Finals 2 years ago).

This is just speculation on my part, but I'm guessing all the starters played big minutes last night because it was our home opener and one of the biggest basketball events in Cleveland history. There's no way LeBron is playing 43 minutes a night this season. That would be insane and Blatt isn't an idiot.

Just want to say thank you mods for banning me for drunken me literally only saying that I hate lebron. Way to be level headed and rational.

Dudes. Let's not devolve Lebron's coming home game thread into a fight about dumb crap. There are plenty of dumb crap threads where it can all live.

One game, not worried. Chemistry will come with time. They will probably be 2-3 after road trip. Heatles got off to rough start...cavs will to. Need to stay healthy and peak at the end.
Couldn't agree more.

We could go into the playoffs with a 43-39 record, be the 7th seed, and still win the title. Literally the only thing that matters is how we are playing from February through June.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."