• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Kyrie Irving

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.
Being unnecessarily confrontational, posting things like "K" which adds nothing substantial to the discussion whatsoever.

All in all, I didn't see anything from Kyrie last night that overly bothered me. He was playing with increased effort.

He played with increased effort...at times. Kyrie's a little weird in that he seems to coast on 80% of defensive possessions, then go all-out on the other 20%. The 20% usually come when he's upset for some reason, like when he misses a shot or turns it over. And on those 20% of possessions he gets loads of steals and even blocks, and generally causes havoc and is a valuable defender in spite of overgambling and getting beat sometimes. He gives us glimpses of how good he could be defensively if he embraced that part of the game. On the 80% of defensive possessions where he's regular Kyrie, though, he's just as lackadaisical as ever.

I was hoping LeBron would set a good example for how to maintain a steady defensive effort throughout the game, but that obviously didn't happen. Blatt has a big job on his hands if LeBron isn't going to set a good tone on defense, because other than Andy, Delly, and maybe Shawn, no one is going to put in consistent effort on defense if LeBron's standing around not in a stance, not showing urgency in rotations, not closing out to shooters, etc.

I was hoping LeBron would set a good example for how to maintain a steady defensive effort throughout the game, but that obviously didn't happen. Blatt has a big job on his hands if LeBron isn't going to set a good tone on defense, because other than Andy, Delly, and maybe Shawn, no one is going to put in consistent effort on defense if LeBron's standing around not in a stance, not showing urgency in rotations, not closing out to shooters, etc.

Completely agree with this. I can excuse LeBron's offensive struggles due to the emotion of the night and still trying to build chemistry with his new teammates. But on defense LeBron was far more passive and lackadaisical than he usually is, and that is completely unexcusable.

Kyrie MVP, best player on the team? Drugs are a wonderful thing.

Kyrie MVP, best player on the team? Drugs are a wonderful thing.
Yes, kyrie irving is the best player on this team and will put up an mvp campaign, especially with durant out a while. Top 5 in voting I predict

Yes, kyrie irving is the best player on this team and will put up an mvp campaign, especially with durant out a while. Top 5 in voting I predict

I hope you are being sarcastic. I love Kyrie, but he is at least the second or third option on this team. LeBron is the best player on this team and it is not even close.

He won't win the MVP this year as well.

I hope you are being sarcastic. I love Kyrie, but he is at least the second or third option on this team. LeBron is the best player on this team and it is not even close.
Well let's just let the season play out a bit. I'm biased though cause I hate lebron with a passion. But i think kyrie is more valuable player than him rn. Popular opinion? Haha of course not, but that's okay.

Banned for what? Am I doing something wrong?

Consistently changing your name to avoid your ban?
Making statements like "I hope this team is an epic disaster this year" and "to be honest I couldn't even consider myself a Cavs fan....." In the game thread last night.

And that's just from the last 24 hours, you have a history of bans since your unfortunate join date.

Last edited:
Well let's just let the season play out a bit. I'm biased though cause I hate lebron with a passion. But i think kyrie is more valuable player than him rn. Popular opinion? Haha of course not, but that's okay.

Kyrie isn't more valuable I guarantee you that.

I thought overall kyrie had a good game. 22pts 5 rebounds 7 assist 2 steals and 1 block I also thought his defence was ok. And that's all I expect from kyrie, I think all we can ask is for him to be an avarage defender because he's never going to be great. He was patient early on, (only had like 4 points in the first half) set his teammates up quite well and for most of the game looked the most comfortable in this offensive system.

He had 4 turnovers and the most annoying one, was the when we got a stop and got out in transition, and he started dribbling and messed up and turned it over. It was annoying because we got in to positions like that beforehand and we got to cute and fancy. We could've gone up by like 15/18 points if we took better care of the ball.

Saying that, There's a lot of awful post in this thread. "He was horrendous defensively", "he dribbled to much", "he chucked shots" "I know he filled up the stats sheet" (whatever the hell that means) It seems a lot of people watched a different game to me and others http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2014/10/cavs-vs-knicks-behind-box-score-start-hoping/ (good recap on the game and kyries performance in that link) but this is something I expect having joined this forum because of the awfulness in this specific thread in May. I guess some posters just won't give him credit unless he puts up 30 points 10 assist and place defence like tony Allen.

Consistently changing your name to avoid your ban?
Making statements like "I hope this team is an epic disaster this year" and "to be honest I couldn't even consider myself a Cavs fan....." In the game thread last night.

And that's just from the last 24 hours, you have a history of band since your unfortunate join date.
He didn't change his name, he created a new account. Probably because his old one got nuked. It won't take long for the powers that be to figure out he's back and he'll be banned again.

This has been a big problem for me as well. I haven't seen Lebron play D like last night since his first year or 2. He didn't close out of get a hand up until the 4th. He would not take more than a single step to close out which was really bothering me when the Knicks were so hot.

Whether he wants it to be that way or not the young guys are going to look to him for defensive intensity and he looked more Kyrie Irving than Lebron James last night just as you said. Chuck was talking about how good of a defender Lebron was, but it was obvious to me he was talking about Lebron's rep and not what he was seeing.

Kyrie isn't the second best player on the team. If things really go bad (and I sure don't think they will), he would be the first of the big three that they'd part with.

I just think Kyrie might have the most difficult fitting in. And I think he's the weaker of the three. The only way he truly impacts the game right now is scoring the basketball. His defense sucks, still does. Sorry, I know he made some plays last night, but he was losing his man religiously. His playmaking skills are good, but not to the point where it makes everyone around him better.

Kevin Love is a beast, and easily the better player. I don't even think its close.

Kevin Love is a beast, and easily the better player. I don't even think its close.

Kyrie positively impacts a game more than kevin love. Kyrie's play making ability is elite and he can break down a defense similar to allen iverson. He's very versatile on offense and is very dynamic. Defense is pretty much all Effort and he's shown to be improving on that. He has geat instinct, reflexes, and very quick hands and feet. And in a tight game in closing minutes I don't know if there's anyone in league who I want the ball in the Hands of more than kyrie. I loved what I saw from k-love last night, but in the ridiculous hypothetical where we have to let 1 go it's easily kevin. Kyrie is just more valuable to a basketball team at face value. There are other factors around like his the team is built and etc. but kyrie can become a game changer of a player, if he isn't already.

What kind of lifestyle would one have to lead to have such a great desire to piss people off on a Cavs forum (Of all places) that they need to use multiple accounts in the same one hour period in order to do it?
No desire whatsoever to piss ppl off. Just bored and find it hilarious that I keep getting banned for no reason. I signed up to talk cavs and sports in general, cause it's what I like to do. Until I get a real reason for being banned I won't go. I won't be defeated like this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."