• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Anthony Bennett

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
9 points last night in 14 minutes. 4-8 for 50% shooting on the night. Not bad. Happy for the kid.

He's going to continue to struggle to get minutes. 15 and out at this point because Thad Young is just a better player.

Keeps improving,
could have been an asset as a SF and a PF,
great PNR player, bummer.

Great game against the Bulls tonight. Glad for the kid. Got more burn than Thad Young, which of course is a good thing. Had a huge block down the stretch of the game against the Bulls before Kevin Martin knocked in a 3 to take the lead with <5 seconds left. Wiggins gave the game away by biting on a Jimmy Butler pump fake, sadly. Refs really took good care of the Bulls tonight, shot 40 free throws on the road.

Great game against the Bulls tonight. Glad for the kid. Got more burn than Thad Young, which of course is a good thing. Had a huge block down the stretch of the game against the Bulls before Kevin Martin knocked in a 3 to take the lead with <5 seconds left. Wiggins gave the game away by biting on a Jimmy Butler pump fake, sadly. Refs really took good care of the Bulls tonight, shot 40 free throws on the road.

Thad got hurt, that's why. Still good to see him playing with confidence and having fun again.

Bennett with decent conditioning and actual coaching (being essentially banned from shooting 3s) makes Bennett look pretty good.

Tis a shame Wiggins had to ruin the night with that rookie mistake but it's nice watching these guys grow a bit. Now these Cavs games are loaded with pressure, nice to go watch Wiggins/Bennett just play ball and have fun win or lose.

Kinda pissed that the wolves got Thad in that trade. I really wanted Bennett to get heavy minutes, and showcase and develop his game. Thad might be their best player right now and is also strictly a PF. Hopefully some of his toughness and tenacity rubs off on AB, and the wolves are able to trade Thad around the deadline for good pieces that complement Wiggins and AB.

He's taken one 3 pointer in preseason and the first three games of the regular season combined. Somehow they've immediately got him to stop shooting 3s and its helping.
Yeah, forces him to play more inside, and shoot easier jumpers to get his confidence up. Apparently flip had some sort of test were if you wanted to be able to shoot threes in games, you had to make a certain number out of 25 in practice, so it's obvious Bennett didn't pass the test lol. Watching a few preseason games it cracks me up that he tries to get around this rule by shooting really long twos.

Bennett had a good game off the bench for the Wolves against the Bulls front line. Didn't think I would ever hear it but Simmons actually thinks he will be the redemption story this year. Was impressed by his play against the Bulls.

Wiggins is struggling offensively in terms of efficiency, and his FT shooting has been horrible but that would seem to be an anomaly. His raw defensive stats seem to be good.

Still no 3s for my man! Also still no minutes for my man....

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."