• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Tristan Thompson

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I don't blame him. We just saw Alec Burks get 42 million (which is insane to me). I've always said players are worth whatever someone will pay them and if Thompson can go get north of 50 million on the open market then I guess he's worth it. Not sure I'd pay him that, but these silly GMs might.

Everyone getting over paid right now. Christ, RUBIO just got 4 years $56 million...hilarious.

He will stay... I think has something to do with the new TV deal and other nonsense basically I think they want to see what he brings and T.T wants to prove he is worth it.

Given his management by Rich Paul and his place in this revised squad combined with his obvious early season surge, does he stay with us? I'm sure front office would love to keep him (as would the most of us) but my concern lies with the stereotypical career paths of big men delivering and seeking the most money possible on the open market - ala Carlos Boozer.

Yikes...there's a decent chance we're seeing Tristan's last season as a Cavalier.

You know some team is going to sign him to an extremely large offer sheet next summer that would be foolish for us to match.

Yikes...there's a decent chance we're seeing Tristan's last season as a Cavalier.

You know some team is going to sign him to an extremely large offer sheet next summer that would be foolish for us to match.

I don't know if I'd say "a decent chance". A chance sure since he will become a FA, but I think it's a very small chance he leaves.

Rebounding is HUGE. But rebounding and defense don't garner the big money the way offense does. According to The Bullshit Whisperer, we offered him up to or even over 12/per year. Really don't see any teams going much higher than that. I suppose 13 or 14 is possible but I just doubt it. Tristan is going to get paid next year but I think the only question is just whether its from us outright or if it's us letting someone else set his market and match his offer. I love TT but look around the NBA and tell me what team is going to want to bring him in for 14, 15 million per year?

I think the cavs offer was very aggressive and high. That will make teams think twice as they know the cavs are willing to spend to keep him. He did a great job last night. Finally in a role that plays to his strengths

A masterful performance by Tristan, did not know he had that in him.

Given his management by Rich Paul and his place in this revised squad combined with his obvious early season surge, does he stay with us? I'm sure front office would love to keep him (as would the most of us) but my concern lies with the stereotypical career paths of big men delivering and seeking the most money possible on the open market - ala Carlos Boozer.

So he's going to spend four years playing for a shitty team and then bolt the second they get good? Makes no sense at all, especially since LeBron is his boy. He's in the ideal situation here. I know one thing, if he plays at a similar level as he did last night for the entire year, the Cavs will pay whatever it takes to keep him.

They made a strong offer to show they were serious. At this point that's all they can do. Faried's extension was 4 years $50 million. That's the obvious comp.

In the long run, we can afford to lose Dion more than we can Tristan. Bigs like TT are much harder to find.

Don't see Tristan leaving. The big market is actually fairly crowded next year and teams probably won't want to tie up major money on a RFA.

Lamarcus Aldridge
Robin Lopez
Marc Gasol
Omer Asik
DeAndre Jordan
Greg Monroe
Tyson Chandler
Paul Milsap

All of those guys are unrestricted.

With Al Jefferson, Brook Lopez, and Roy Hibbert holding player options that could impact the market.

Im just amazed at how good of a free throw shooter he has become. Through 8 games including preseason he is 22-27, who would have thought 81.5% during any stretch was possible 3 years ago.

I love Tristan in this role, its the one they envisioned him when they drafted (sad to say that being he was 4th overall).. but he can really play to his strengths now and not worry about anything else. This is awesome.

Great to see Tristan pass the ball out after corralling an offensive board in a crowd, there's almost always going to be a open shooter spotting up in those situations. His two assists to LeBron and Love were both kicked out after a contested rebound for a 3, which means 2 of the 3 three pointers the Cavs hit last night can be directly contributed to Tristan's relentless effort.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."