• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Kyrie Irving

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.
His quick hands helped, that's for sure.

I'm not sure he understands the offense yet, but I love the way he's playing off the ball. The LeBron and Kyrie pick and pop is pretty awesome, and I'm glad to see Blatt recognize that already. That, along with the high post to low post passing from Love to LeBron was a thing of beauty.

I'll chalk up his bad shooting numbers to a 2nd game on a back to back.

I tend not to look at shooting numbers so much as points per shot. Since he got to the line 10 times and made all his FTs, he ended up with 23 points on 17 shots, which is more than he would have gotten if he had simply made half his shots.

Anyone else finding it strange not watching Kyrie take over in the 4th/OT? Going to take some time to get used to him playing the "Robin" role after watching him play "Batman" for the better part of 4 years.

I love that the kid is showing emotion now. Last few years it just seemed like he didn't give a shit (which he probably didn't). Like that play in OT where Bron hit the And-1 and flexed his muscles, You can see Ky in the back shouting and even was like "YEEEEHHH BOI!" And lebron turned and hi-5'd him. I just love that he gives a fuck now

Was fortunate to be at that game and his shot was off, but he never stopped and reaped the benefits of his penetration!

That's what she said.

Love Love..lol.. but I hope going forward Kyrie gets the end of the game looks.. especially with 4 sec left and someone like Hinrich trying to guard him

Love Love..lol.. but I hope going forward Kyrie gets the end of the game looks.. especially with 4 sec left and someone like Hinrich trying to guard him
Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the play was drawn up for LeBron to inbound the ball to Love and then get it back immediately. The Bulls recognized this and jumped the pass, forcing Love to hoist that off-balance shot at the buzzer. I agree, though... I think Kyrie should be getting the ball in that situation. Defenses are going to be geared to stop LeBron and Kyrie is as good a one-on-one shot creator as there is in this league. He's going to find a good look more than likely.

He's not a stopper or anything: Brooks got to him a few times tonight. But he's definitely trying on defense this year so far and he deserves credit for it.

I was shocked when Hinrich was tearing it up, that Kyrie got the assignment to guard him. And did an excellent job.

He still has a longggg way to go, but I like that he has it in him to be a capable defender. I don't think he'll ever be a guy you want guarding the quicker point guards though.

For a guy that's pretty quick, Kyrie doesn't seem to move very well laterally. He gets blown off the ball, easily, by any guard that has a pretty good first step.

If there's a two-guard that doesn't have a serious size advantage, maybe Kyrie is better served defending players like that.

Next time we play the Bulls, I think we found the right match-ups defensively. Dion should defend Rose, with a combination of Marion, LB down the stretch. Kyrie works better on Hinrich.

Dion is bigger and more physical, he should definitely guard Rose instead of Kyrie.

Last edited:
I was shocked when Hinrich was tearing it up, that Kyrie got the assignment to guard him. And did an excellent job.

He still has a longggg way to go, but I like that he has it in him to be a capable defender. I don't think he'll ever be a guy you want guarding the quicker point guards though.

For a guy that's pretty quick, Kyrie doesn't seem to move very well laterally. He gets blown off the ball, easily, by any guard that has a pretty good first step.

If there's a two-guard that doesn't have a serious size advantage, maybe Kyrie is better served defending players like that.

Next time we play the Bulls, I think we found the right match-ups defensively. Dion should defend Rose, with a combination of Marion, LB down the stretch. Kyrie works better on Hinrich.

Dion is bigger and more physical, he should definitely guard Rose instead of Kyrie.

The biggest thing I've noticed is he's not completely wilting away when he gets hit with a pick. Don't get me wrong he's not Tony Allen and just blows the pick up by anticipating and sliding by it but he's actually trying to fight thru screen. He's such a good offensive player that even if he's just average or even just below average it would be enough to propel him into contention for being the best PG in the league

Here are the things that I'd like to see from Kyrie this season.

-Shoot 48% or above from the field[Pick his spots and take the best high quality shots available]
-Average 7+ assist per game
-Become a better floor general, defensive PG, and leader

Here are the things that I'd like to see from Kyrie this season.

-Shoot 48% or above from the field[Pick his spots and take the best high quality shots available]
-Average 7+ assist per game
-Become a better floor general, defensive PG, and leader
Oh, is that all? :chuckle:

You just want him to do what only four guards (not just point guards, Guards) have done over the last six seasons?

Only Steve Nash, Chris Paul, Tony Parker and Rajon Rondo have met those requirements, and if you want him to be a "Defensive PG" in addition to the 48%+ FG and the 7+ assists, then you can yank Steve Nash off that list.

So, I'd say you have set yourself up for severe disappointment.

Okay forget about the 7+ assist, but he should definitely shoot more efficiently from the field. LeBron and Wade used to play a game of who can shoot 50% or above from the field the longest in every games and hopefully LeBron will challenge Kyrie and Love to do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."