• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Game 2 | Cavs (0-1) @ Bulls (1-0) | October 31, 2014 | 8pm EST

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
That was not a pretty win, but let's look at how unbelievable that win really was.

1. Love, Irving, and Waiters combined to shoot 14-44(32%).
2. The team shot 39.4% from the field compared to 45.6% from the Bulls.
3. The team shot 20% from 3 point range, compared to 41% for the Bulls.
4. We only had 18 team assists on 41 made field goals.
5. We were on the road and down 5 with 48 seconds left after it looked like Hinrich had hit three straight daggers.

Yet we still won. Crazy.

I disagree. I think he played a solid game. His Defense in the post was solid for the most part. He was willing to stand in and take charges even if they weren't called his way everytime and he is a rebounding machine which holds the opposition to so many one shot possessions that it makes a big difference throughout the course of a game. Him spreading the floor on Offense also opens up a lot of those Offensive rebounds for Tristan and Andy.

Not to mention he got his hand in the way of the bulls interior passing whivh is a big part of their game, had like 3-4 steals flapping his arms and intercepting the ball

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

A few things:

Blatt cannot count on Waiters
The Bulls cannot count on Rose staying healthy
The Cavs found their courage
Pau Gasol is always irritated about his role
LeBron's back must be hurt. Everything below the rim
Tristan made the biggest play of his career
Mike Miller is not in shape
Marion has no legs to finish
Love can pass rebound and score
Noah is a pussy trash talking loser
The Bulls blew a chance to make a statement against a team that hasn't gelled
The Bulls just helped the Cavs gel.

Moo

Just finished the replay now after doing my very best to stay off the Internet until I knew I'd be able to catch the game. Was going to summarize my thoughts but you said everything I was going to say - and you did it better than I had planned. Everything spot on.

I'll just reiterate the general sentiment: TRISTAN THOMPSON OWNS THE OFFENSIVE GLASS. Give that man his contract.

Just finished the replay now after doing my very best to stay off the Internet until I knew I'd be able to catch the game. Was going to summarize my thoughts but you said everything I was going to say - and you did it better than I had planned. Everything spot on.

I'll just reiterate the general sentiment: TRISTAN THOMPSON OWNS THE OFFENSIVE GLASS. Give that man his contract.

Cavs and Thompson did not reach an agreement. He will be a RFA after the season. I don't see anyone giving him a Boozer offer. 4 years $40MM is a fair deal for TT. Guy is a beast though. Suddenly a good FT shooter too. #paytheman

So the Bulls beat the knicks at their home season opener, who then proceeded to beat us on our season opener... before we managed to beat the Bulls in their home opener. Kinda worked out in the end!
funny old game hey!

LeBron's back is DEFINITELY bothering him. He pulled his back out on that dunk in the 2nd Q and immediately asked to come out. I have to think he was trying to rest on D by not getting back multiple times. Kyrie and Love were struggling shooting and Dion wasn't playing so he knew they needed his offense. If it wasn't bothering him, you'd be seeing him flying around and getting chase-down blocks. He can still play solid 1-on-1 D, but if he has to guard a guy who is running him off screens like Dunleavy was tonight, he's gonna struggle until his back gets better. Hopefully this little rest helps him big time.

If we want Lebron to get better, Blatt is going to have to find a way to play him less than 40 MPG.

Honestly, though, he got a ton of rest in the summer and the preseason -- if that didn't get him well then I have my doubts he will be able to get well over the grind of a season. The Cavs should just hold him out here and there if that's what it takes to get him 100% for the playoffs. It's a worry.

Lebron was controlling his own minutes.

Irving got into foul trouble early so we saw a bit different rotations. Lebron and Blatt understand that his teammates are a bit star struck still. logging minutes the best way to get past that. if we are at 50 games and the guys are still playing all these minutes... then id be worried.

Oh man am I not worried about this team at all. They're going to be really fucking good by the time the All Star break rolls around.

I was surprised to see Delly close the game. Entered with 3:11 left in regulation for who? Oh.

This season will have ups and downs, but you know for certain that at the end of the game the coach is going to go with the guys who make him feel confident that they will play smart ball and defend. It'll be interesting to see who steps up to the team's needs.

Wonder what TT was talking to Love and LBJ there about. Maybe "dont pass me the ball again"

You've got to realize that you can't be critical about Dion around here. He's got heart, so he can do no wrong.

Gosh, Tristan, do you know your role?

mj-laughing.gif

Do you realize, that was in reference to him taking a bad shot? Not his actual performance. Come on, man, it's a game thread.

If you don't want others to laugh at your overreactions don't even post them. Do you not see the humor in calling out a player who then proceeds to play phenomenally? Tristan knows his role fine, one bad shot doesn't make me think otherwise. In hindsight, I wouldn't doubt that Blatt told everyone on the bench to come out aggressively after they only scored 12 points against the Knicks in the opener.

If you don't want others to laugh at your overreactions don't even post them. Do you not see the humor in calling out a player who then proceeds to play phenomenally? Tristan knows his role fine, one bad shot doesn't make me think otherwise. In hindsight, I wouldn't doubt that Blatt told everyone on the bench to come out aggressively after they only scored 12 points against the Knicks in the opener.

I think you're taking what I said out of context, especially in a game thread. But hey, if you want to try to make a fool out of me, for some petty reason, I could care less.

It's not an overreaction, it was simply an observation during the game. It wasn't a "hey you suck, hey you're costing us the game". That's an overreaction. I was replying to a really bad shot he took.

Seriously, it's a game thread.

Get laughed at? Please, it's a message board. I have never cared, nor will I ever care what I post on one.

I will post whatever I want, and won't care the slightest what anyone thinks, especially, a poster that's concern about what is being said in a game thread.

Where you know, you can only take a lot of what is said with a grain of salt to begin with.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."