• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Corey Brewer Traded to Houston

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
True as Miller is a great locker room guy, but I also think it's because how bad Miller's defense has gotten.

That's true, which is why he probably hopes and is trying to see if Harris can become, with plenty of playing time, a better version of Miller.

I don't know if he's happy with any of his shooting guard options, as each one has their flaw. It's the one position on this team that doesn't have a clear starting option (While Andy or Tristan may not give us exactly what we want or need, they are at least serviceable players that can fill a roll).

That's true, which is why he probably hopes and is trying to see if Harris can become, with plenty of playing time, a better version of Miller.

I don't know if he's happy with any of his shooting guard options, as each one has their flaw. It's the one position on this team that doesn't have a clear starting option (While Andy or Tristan may not give us exactly what we want or need, they are at least serviceable players that can fill a roll).

I mean, right now he's already a better version of Miller but I don't think he has the potential to be the 19, 5, and 4 guy that Miller was in his prime. We don't really need him to be. We need him to be active, shoot the 3 when he's open, swing the ball, and help space the floor. You might as well run with the young guy and let him make some mistakes here and there so come playoff time, there's a comfort level that would not have existed on a team coached by Mike Brown where he would have been benched for the next 4 seasons.

You guys are seriously overestimating Harris' potential contributions going forward.

This kid is going to hit the (rookie) wall, real hard and real soon. He might bounce back from it later, but usually rookies don't until the following year.

Flip is going to take Griff to school...again.
Bennett: 5.9 ppg, 3.2 rpg, hasn't attempted a 3 pointer in 14 minutes per game

Wiggins: 10 ppg, 0 apg, 3 rpg in 27 minutes

Minnesota: 3-7

Just absolutely swindled Griffin.

Bennett: 5.9 ppg, 3.2 rpg, hasn't attempted a 3 pointer in 14 minutes per game

Wiggins: 10 ppg, 0 apg, 3 rpg in 27 minutes

Minnesota: 3-7

Just absolutely swindled Griffin.

Bennett: 14 min/gm, 51% FG. 21 years old. 3 years/19 mil.
Wiggins: 27 min/gm, 44% FG, 60% 3pt FG, 19 years old. 4 years/25 mil.
Miami Heat 1st round pick

Love: 37 min/gm, 39% FG. 10 rbs/gm. 26 years old. Likely: 6 years/136+ mil (including 2014-15 season)

Cavs: 5-5

Well statistics can help your argument it can also hurt your argument. Everyone knows the trade was based on potential so you can't fail to take that into account, no rookie is exactly killing it right now. But the history of the NBA tells us that there is going to be a least a few all-stars in this draft and number 1 overall picks have a very high likelihood of achieving that. It's not like Minnesota's 3-7 record is surprising especially since they are rebuilding and play in the Western conference. The Cavs 5-5 is much more disappointing than Minnesota's record.

Bennett: 14 min/gm, 51% FG. 21 years old. 3 years/19 mil.
Wiggins: 27 min/gm, 44% FG, 60% 3pt FG, 19 years old. 4 years/25 mil.
Miami Heat 1st round pick

Love: 37 min/gm, 39% FG. 10 rbs/gm. 26 years old. Likely: 6 years/136+ mil (including 2014-15 season)

Cavs: 5-5

Well statistics can help your argument it can also hurt your argument. Everyone knows the trade was based on potential so you can't fail to take that into account, no rookie is exactly killing it right now. But the history of the NBA tells us that there is going to be a least a few all-stars in this draft and number 1 overall picks have a very high likelihood of achieving that. It's not like Minnesota's 3-7 record is surprising especially since they are rebuilding and play in the Western conference. The Cavs 5-5 is much more disappointing than Minnesota's record.
Did you just use double digit rebounds per game against Love?

5-5... Do you really expect not to be a 1 or 2 seed by year's end? Then who gives a shit?

Bennett... Guy is trash. Who cares.

The Wolves just announced Kevin Martin fractured his wrist and will be out awhile. Seems more unlikely the Wolves deal Brewer at this point...unless of course they decide to go all out tank.

Trading Bennett + Wiggins for Love was a no-brainer.

But, Bennett is not trash. He was drafted #1 for a reason. He has a 16.8 PER without taking a 3 or a lot of shots. He's shooting 42% from 16+ feet, which is quite respectable from a 2nd year PF (Love is shooting 36% from the same range).

Love will come around, he's simply not this bad, but it's going to take time.

Flip is going to take Griff to school...again.

Call me when either of those players or draft picks ever averages 17 and 10 on a contender.

Love isn't even paying well and he's still likely better than any of those 3 assets will ever be at any point in their careers.

And Kevin Love at his ceiling ? Pffttt. None of those guys will ever sniff that.

5-5... Do you really expect not to be a 1 or 2 seed by year's end? Then who gives a shit?

No, I put that there as a positive for Love so I wouldn't have to hear you complain, "Oh it's the beginning of the season he is still a monster on the glass and his outlet passes are simply fantastic". You brought up players numbers, not I. Just as you can use the argument that Love is struggling from an efficiency standpoint owing to being on a new team so can I use that argument for Wiggins magnified by the fact that he is still becoming accustomed to the NBA game.

Call me when either of those players or draft picks ever averages 17 and 10 on a contender.

Well the Timberwolves are rebuilding, is that Wiggy's fault? Did Love make the Cavs a contender? Were we not a contender with just LeBron and Kyrie? But I'll make sure to call you.

Love isn't even paying well and he's still likely better than any of those 3 assets will ever be at any point in their careers.

That could definitely be true, we'll see.

And Kevin Love at his ceiling ? Pffttt. None of those guys will ever sniff that.

Tell me my future next.

check all of the previous years drafts from 2013 down to 2000 and you see that most of the all-stars/stars from those drafts had a really mediocore rookie year except for the Lebron's draft perhaps.
There is almost no such thing as a real dominant rookie unless you are a freak like Lebron.
Wiggins has tons of potential and Bennet will only improve, I bet he will be a 18/10 guy in his 3rd year.
Love is not worth a 1st round pick, Bennet and Wiggins.
write in google "Kevin Love Stat Padding" and see the results..
I love Kevin Love by the way.

check all of the previous years drafts from 2013 down to 2000 and you see that most of the all-stars/stars from those drafts had a really mediocore rookie year except for the Lebron's draft perhaps.
There is almost no such thing as a real dominant rookie unless you are a freak like Lebron.
Wiggins has tons of potential and Bennet will only improve, I bet he will be a 18/10 guy in his 3rd year.
Love is not worth a 1st round pick, Bennet and Wiggins.
write in google "Kevin Love Stat Padding" and see the results..
I love Kevin Love by the way.
And you'd be remiss to look past the abysmal output Bennett posted for a number one pick relative to his counterparts.

Not to mention, the guy is in his second year, playing lousy basketball yet again, and hardly even earning minutes.

And you'd be remiss to look past the abysmal output Bennett posted for a number one pick relative to his counterparts.

Not to mention, the guy is in his second year, playing lousy basketball yet again, and hardly even earning minutes.

It's not the Bennet thread but just last thing, i'm putting similar body types and positions compared to Bennet.
Zach Randolph was a 1st round 19th pick, he is 6'9 and weighs close to Bennet, in his first rookie season he had 2.8ppg 1.7rpg in 6 minuites , in his sophmore here he had 8.4ppg and 4.5rpg in 17 minuites.
On his 3rd year his stats went up to 20ppg 10rpg and 2apg..
No one is a bust atleast until their 3rd year and it's possible to make the jump after the 3rd year aswell, it's not always so black and white.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."