• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Debate - Who would win: Kentucky or Philadelphia?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who would win: Philadelphia or Kentucky?

• Kentucky Wildcats

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Philadelphia 76ers

Votes: 18 100.0%

• Total voters

Simon

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
So, a lot of people have been talking about this recently.

Here are the rosters for both teams....

Kentucky Wildcats:
No.NamePos.Ht.Wt.Cl.Hometown (Last School)
00Marcus Lee Forward 6-9 220 SO Antioch, Calif. (Deer Valley)
1Devin Booker Guard 6-6 206 FR Grand Rapids, Mich. (Moss Point)
2Aaron Harrison Guard 6-6 212 SO Richmond, Texas (Travis)
3Tyler Ulis Guard 5-9 155 FR Lima, Ohio (Marian Catholic)
5Andrew Harrison Guard 6-6 210 SO Richmond, Texas (Travis)
12Karl-Anthony Towns Forward 6-11 250 FR Piscataway, N.J. (St. Joseph)
13Sam Malone Guard 5-11 185 SR Scituate, Mass. (Scituate)
15Willie Cauley-Stein Forward 7-0 240 JR Olathe, Kan. (Northwest)
21Tod Lanter Guard 6-2 190 SR Lexington, Ky. (Gulf Coast State CC)
22Alex Poythress Forward 6-8 238 JR Clarksville, Tenn. (Northeast)
24EJ Floreal Guard 6-4 200 SO Palo Alto, Calif. (Dunbar)
25Dominique Hawkins Guard 6-0 195 SO Richmond, Ky. (Madison Central)
32Brian Long Guard 5-9 155 SR Dumont, N.J. (River Dell)
35Derek Willis Forward 6-9 216 SO Mt. Washington, Ky. (Bullitt East)
41Trey Lyles Forward 6-10 235 FR Indianapolis, Ind. (Arsenal Tech)
44Dakari Johnson Center 7-0 255 SO Brooklyn, N.Y. (Montverde Academy)

Philadelphia 76ers:

- Michael Carter-Williams
- Robert Covington
- Brandon Davies
- Joel Embiid
- Drew Gordon
- Jerami Grant
- Luc Mbah a Moute
- KJ McDaniels
- Nerlens Noel
- Jason Richardson
- JaKarr Simpson
- Alexey Shved
- Henry Sims
- Hollis Thompson
- Tony Wroten

My pick to win is Kentucky. Why? Kentucky has too many talented players, and have a lot of talented kids who are NBA ready. The Sixers, in my opinion, only have three talented players: MCW, Nerlens Noel & Joel Embiid (injured).

So, if the Wildcats and the 76ers were able to play, who would you pick and why?

If Carter-Williams and Noel were college players now with their current abilities, they would be the 2 best players on that team. I think a lot of people underestimate how much a college player develops with a little NBA experience. Aside from that, guys like Tony Wroten, Henry Sims, and Alexey Shved would all be college stars. Basically every player on the 76ers would be at least a well above average college player.

It's just ridiculous to me that people really think a college team that is filled with NBA potential has any shot at a team completely made up of NBA talent even if some of it is borderline.

The worst NBA team would beat the best college team by a minimum of 10 points, if the college team could absolutely shoot the lights out.

The worst NFL team would beat the best college team by even more.

76ers by 30+. UK may have a couple NBA ready players...but all of Philly's players are actually in the NBA right now.

Jordan McRae got cut by the 76ers and is playing in Australia...he was 2-time first team SEC.

So, a lot of people have been talking about this recently.

This seems to happen every year in a given sport and every year it is the same answer.

College team would get creamed.

Now an expansion pro team, an elite college team might have a shot at.

Are the 76ers tanking in this scenario or actually trying to win? If they tried to win one game they would play their 6 best players big minutes for a change.

Also are they using NBA rules or college rules? Because if they're using NBA rules, 76ers easily win by over 30 points.

Disagree.

1999 Browns didn't have more than 2-3 college stars. They had a bunch of average talent from tiny schools and had never played a down of football together. They were a combination of newly drafted players and practice squad level guys.

The best college team in the country, playing together for a full year at a high level could probably compete with that for a while.

The worst NBA team would beat the best college team by a minimum of 10 points, if the college team could absolutely shoot the lights out.

The worst NFL team would beat the best college team by even more.

How about college curlling vs pro?

Disagree.

1999 Browns didn't have more than 2-3 college stars. They had a bunch of average talent from tiny schools and had never played a down of football together. They were a combination of newly drafted players and practice squad level guys.

The best college team in the country, playing together for a full year at a high level could probably compete with that for a while.
the average nfl player puts on like 20lbs of muscle from the time they leave college til the time they have a year or two under their belt in the nfl.

it would be a flat out massacre.
this thread is bad and requires no debate.

Sixers are basically a D League team right now in midst of their 5+ year tank plan...

With that said, they would beat UK right now.

Give UK an entire season of playing together...and maybe I'd change my mind.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."