• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Anthony Bennett

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I'd have kept Noel and traded Tristan but that's just me :eek:
Unless there would have been a plan in the works to kick Tristan out of Klutch Sports and sign Noel, there is no way it would have happened.

Unless there would have been a plan in the works to kick Tristan out of Klutch Sports and sign Noel, there is no way it would have happened.

So basicly TT is to stay in Cleveland as long as Lebron is here?

So basicly TT is to stay in Cleveland as long as Lebron is here?
I don't think so. I think all Tristan, Rich Paul, and LeBron just care that Tristan gets paid, because it looks very good for their agency. Whether that happens here or somewhere else is a bit overblown.

I'm happy that the guy has knocked off the bad jumpers in his game and stopped shooting 3s, but let's be real here with this. Meanwhile, in Minnesota, the Spurs are blowing out the Timberwolves and the Wolves are probably the worst team in the West, along with the Lakers. That is not enviable.

I'm happy that the guy has knocked off the bad jumpers in his game and stopped shooting 3s, but let's be real here with this. Meanwhile, in Minnesota, the Spurs are blowing out the Timberwolves and the Wolves are probably the worst team in the West, along with the Lakers. That is not enviable.

I absolutely agree with you - it's far from enviable. But I thought I'd invoke a dramatic tone nonetheless given the timing of the post :)

Not to mention he didn't do anything in the highlights we didn't already know he could do. We know he can shoot long 2s and throw down dunks. What was he doing on the defensive end? How were his rotations? Did he contain the PG on the PnR? What about his passing? Did he move the ball quickly when he didn't have a shot?

I have a question, Would it have been possible to not throw Bennet as a throw in in the Love trade?
No, because Minnesota saw what certain posters around here refuse to see, that Bennett is going to be good.

Thad Young is his floor, imo, not his ceiling. Bennett's PER, right now, is better than all but 2 of Thad's seasons in the NBA (and those were only marginally better). Will he maintain it? I think he can and will. If he gets more shots later in the season (he almost certainly will), that will boost his PER. If he's allowed to shoot 3s at some point this season (he should), that will boost his PER. So even if his shooting percentage drops off a bit (he's shooting 53% from the floor right now which is crazy for a perimeter oriented big), he'll be able to boost his PER in other ways.

He's healthy, something we only saw a glimpse of last season. He's in shape, something he wasn't close to last season. Yet somehow people still think he's the guy fumbling the ball around in the paint and clanking open 3s, instead of the guy with big, soft paws and a ton of skill that he was in college.

Last edited:
I love how some people are over-critical of Bennett to the point where it's obvious they don't want him & Wiggins to succeed, because that would raise a lot of 'WHAT IFs'. And those are excruciating, especially for a franchise that has never won a chip. This is only an outsider's opinion though, so take it for what it is.

Just imagine how lucky MN is. Love isn't franchise player couldn't even lead then to the playoffs. Now they get lucky with this trade and boom they have a superstar maybe franchise if you believe PG is a star
(I think wiggins will be on another level above him). Add in all that youth and if they tank and can get Towns or Okafor watch out.

Just imagine how lucky MN is. Love isn't franchise player couldn't even lead then to the playoffs. Now they get lucky with this trade and boom they have a superstar maybe franchise if you believe PG is a star
(I think wiggins will be on another level above him). Add in all that youth and if they tank and can get Towns or Okafor watch out.
They have as much of a shot at a top pick as any other bottom feeder. How is being a really shitty ball club lucky?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."