• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Timofey Mozgov Mancrush thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I'm not looking to be pessimistic. I just don't want the Cavs to use what little assets we have on Mozgov. He does not fill our needs and trying to prove he does based off 1 yr stats which can be veiwed in many different ways is not a good argument on why the Cavs should pursue him.
tumblr_n3uzbmpXUD1qa8tuqo1_1280.jpg

bitch please

Just curious, do some fans think Dwight Howard is walking through the door sometime soon?

People complaining that "blowing assets" on Timofey Mozgov is bad or something. Do they have other ideas?
cavs fans overvaluing their own assets isn't really anything new. neither is undervaluing players they don't watch much. just comes with the territory...

ultimately, if mozgov ends up in a cavs uniform he is not going to come cheap, whether some of the fans like it or not.

any chance we could get afflalo or foye on a mozgov deal? :chuckles:

Dion and Tristan for Afflalo and Mozgov. Get'r done. I actually don't know about that. It would be a close call. Dion and Tristan are much younger and have more value and might be an overreaction of a trade. And it wouldn't solve the bench scoring problem.

Dion and Tristan for Afflalo and Mozgov. Get'r done. I actually don't know about that. It would be a close call. Dion and Tristan are much younger and have more value and might be an overreaction of a trade. And it wouldn't solve the bench scoring problem.
I'd do that in a heartbeat, and dunno if Tristan' and dion's value is that much higher

highly doubt this is true.

in any case, i wonder what the cavs would say if denver called and made that offer. or, maybe the cavs have called denver and already made that offer...

Denver wouldn't want Tristan. They already have a better version in Faried.

And honestly, looking around the league I have no idea who the hell would want him. I guess that bodes well for this summer, and I'm glad we didn't bid against ourselves, because unless he improves a lot over the rest of the year, he should be happy to get 7-8 mil a year.

And honestly, looking around the league I have no idea who the hell would want him. I guess that bodes well for this summer, and I'm glad we didn't bid against ourselves, because unless he improves a lot over the rest of the year, he should be happy to get 7-8 mil a year.
It is rumored they want to trade Faried and the team has a problem with him. Plus, I doubt they want to pay him huge. TT should be a cheaper version.

It is rumored they want to trade Faried and the team has a problem with him. Plus, I doubt they want to pay him huge. TT should be a cheaper version.

I've seen those rumors too, but I would think it would be hard to trade Faried right after you signed him though.

But shit, they have redundancies all over that roster, so it wouldn't surprise me if they took on TT :chuckle:

sadly, this isn't necessarily true. wanting to trade a quality player (even an older one) for him is a little different than overpaying for him, especially if they strike out on other free agents. don't be surprised if a team gets desperate and still gives him too much money.

but, all in all you are correct re: trading him. even if we think some team will offer him far more than we are comfortable paying (which shouldn't a particularly high $ figure), there just isn't a whole lot available on the market. their best bet is probably to trade him for some kind of established, older-but-not-too-old veteran on the wing or up front. are many available though? probably not.

the whole situation is problematic honestly, because they have two glaring holes they need to fill, but not a lot of assets to fill those needs since their two most available players - thompson and waiters - aren't exactly hugely valuable. they do have the hayward contract, but it's not feasible to use that for an expensive player and pay dion and pay thompson.

After years getting killed on this board for sticking by my belief that we never should have drafted either of them.....

The worst part about it is if your're one of the people like me who wanted to draft Klay and Drummond the TT/Dion supporters will say it's all hindsight. No it's not. It was clear as day that Klay Thompson was a better player. It was also clear that Drummond was a better pick. Fuck Chris Grant.

After years getting killed on this board for sticking by my belief that we never should have drafted either of them.....

The worst part about it is if your're one of the people like me who wanted to draft Klay and Drummond the TT/Dion supporters will say it's all hindsight. No it's not. It was clear as day that Klay Thompson was a better player. It was also clear that Drummond was a better pick. Fuck Chris Grant.

Drummond, Val, Noel, Klay...hindsight but still.

Kyrie, TT, Dion, Wiggins (gone), AB(gone). We were in a unique situation since you don't usually get an all-time great player join a team that picked in the top 5 five times in quick succession. In hindsight, we could have built the greatest roster ever maybe, but any little difference and perhaps we don't get in a position to get Wiggins who was used as tradebait to lure James. :apthy:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."