• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Dion Waiters Traded

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Grade the Trade (Waiters + Kirk/Amundsen + 2nd rd pick for Smith, Shumpert, and 1st rd pick)

• A+

Votes: 18 7.1%
  • A

Votes: 68 26.7%
  • B

Votes: 106 41.6%
  • C

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • D

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • F

Votes: 9 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moving Dion and the haywood contract for a long and athletic wing defender, and a tall rim protector brings incredible value to this team and opens up for everyone to play their correct role.

With you all the way. Great post.

I don't know if we can move Haywood yet. Isn't that next year?

This team does not have the personnel it needs to run Blatt's system and compete at the top level. At least not in my opinion. That's not a real surprise given this is year one.

I don't want Ray Allen anymore. He's too old. We already have too many old guys hanging around and we need more youth and athleticism. And size.

I personally like Dion and I like Dion's game. I think I would get along great with Dion as a person. He's a good dude. It's not about him, it's about I want the team to win. I just don't think it's going to work to have him here right now. And we need pieces that fit, and we need them sooner rather than later.

We'll be fine when the coach trusts him unconditionally and gives him a large and constant role for the betterment of the team after shuffling him with seemingly better fitting and more likable/mature but much lesso talented players.

Same thing happens every year.

Byron Scott initially started him but eventually felt Dion fit best coming off of the bench.

Mike Brown initially started him but eventually felt Dion fit best coming off of the bench.

David Blatt initially started him but eventually felt Dion fit best coming off of the bench.

It's not the coach, it's Dion.

since love, kyrie and lebron are almost always in, there really isnt much need for dion's offense (or playing time at all, considering marion's drastic advantage over him defensively).

Last edited:
I forgot to put in "on or off the bench". I don't care if it's starting or as the 6th man, my point still stands. I said Dion is not the greatest fit, and and questioned his maturity/coachability so I put a lot of it on Dion.

Even using your black and white viewpoint of starting and and not starting. After he was benches he was placed back into the starting lineup with consistent minutes and the team played better and he played MUCH better.
Byron Scott initially started him but eventually felt Dion fit best coming off of the bench.

Mike Brown initially started him but eventually felt Dion fit best coming off of the bench.

David Blatt initially started him but eventually felt Dion fit best coming off of the bench.

It's not the coach, it's Dion.

Fuck Dion Waiters. His shot selection is horrible: There's not a shot he doesn't like. He rarely kicks the ball back out when he gets it. And his defense...... His defense is directly related to his offense. If he gets the ball and scores a few buckets he plays decent D. If he misses shots, he sulks, then his man can score at will.

Waiters and the Bogans Exception for Shumpert/Dalembert - who says no?

I've been saying it for a while now, send Dion back to his precious Philly and try to get Noel back in return. We get a guy who can become a defensive big and we get rid of Dion's poor shot selection in the process.

I just don't believe Dion will be a great fit with this team...His shots should be going to Kevin Love because we want Love to stay here long term after all we gave up for him....

New York

edit: on a side note i really felt bad for Dion tonight, he's not as bad as he's been playing lately (and believe me i'm not the biggest fan of his game).
the shot he took in the 3rd quarter where he hit the side of the backboard tells me there's clearly a mental problem right now. i don't know, it might be a confidence issue but without his scoring this bench is even worse (might be the worst in the NBA) so i hope he breaks out of it soon...

Last edited:
Some good points here. Think back to when Griff was talking about this team when he took over.

Fit.

Fit is ridiculously important and a lot of people overlook the extreme value that correct matching parts gives to a club.

It is painfully obvious to anyone that watches our team that we are 1.) small, and 2.) need a rim protector.

Moving Dion and the haywood contract for a long and athletic wing defender, and a tall rim protector brings incredible value to this team and opens up for everyone to play their correct role.

A lot of people look at a trade as apples to apples, sometimes moving a guy you perceive to be the better player (even though I think Dion is very overrated) for two role playing pieces will be an incredible boon to the team just based on chemistry and the way the pieces fit.

Dion is simply a round peg trying to fit in a square hole. The apologists can make whatever rationalization they want, but after watching him for 3 years it is painfully obvious that as good as his heart is, his career will likely be nothing more than a gunner for a shit tier team that gets him some spotlight and money.

One thing is for certain. When the dust clears the "AYEEEEEE" meme will live on.
talk is cute and all but: list please. because these sorts of deals are just plentiful.

knicks i bet.

something to keep in mind is shumpert is about to get paid - to what extent, nobody knows for sure - but after handing out a big deal for varejao and the thompson situation.....contracts do matter.

I've been saying it for a while now, send Dion back to his precious Philly and try to get Noel back in return. We get a guy who can become a defensive big and we get rid of Dion's poor shot selection in the process.
both teams have to accept a trade for it to happen.

dion is bad at more things than he is good at

Just paste this post all over this thread. This has been the case the first two seasons and its still the case now. He has more negatives to his game than positives. IT's always been that way and there has been zero growth from last season to this season.

This is how bad he's been. LBJ is getting killed for the game he just played. But imagine if Waiters had put up those exact same numbers. 6-12 with 10 assists. Good lord, he'd be the king of the board. That's how low the expectations are for him at this point. A really bad LeBron James game would be a superb game from Dion Waiters.

EDIT: And my god do I wish we had been the team trading our young, "talented" 2 guard for Aaron Afflalo right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."