• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2014-2015 National Champs

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Ok, what do you guys want us to say? That FSU is god mode as they squeak by shit team after shit team because 15 years ago Ohio State played a bunch of close games and won a title?

You don't have to say anything for all I care. I'm just telling you this FSU team feels a lot like that OSU team. Calm down.

How am I not calm? I think I asked a very legitimate question. So are you saying the Florida State defense is very reminiscent of that Ohio State defense?

All and all some decent things happened today.

We won.
Wisconsin won, Minnesota won, MSU won.
Ole Miss losing hurts Miss State's schedule strength.

This is a big week coming up.

Bama v Auburn
Oregon v Oregon State
FSU v Florida
Miss St v Ole Miss
TCU v Texas
Wisconsin v Minnesota
And of course OSU Michigan.

Going to be lots of fun.

Meanwhile Baylor is dominating early.

How am I not calm? I think I asked a very legitimate question. So are you saying the Florida State defense is very reminiscent of that Ohio State defense?

I actually thought that the comparison between the two teams was a good one. That Ohio State team seemed to struggle but always found a way to win like the Noles do this season. The 2002 OSU team had a better D but FSU has a much better QB and offense. They may win with different styles of play but I like the comparison.

All and all some decent things happened today.

We won.
Wisconsin won, Minnesota won, MSU won.
Ole Miss losing hurts Miss State's schedule strength.

This is a big week coming up.

Bama v Auburn
Oregon v Oregon State
FSU v Florida
Miss St v Ole Miss
TCU v Texas
Wisconsin v Minnesota
And of course OSU Michigan.

Going to be lots of fun.

Meanwhile Baylor is dominating early.

Well, it did help that both Minnesota and Wisconsin won coupled with an Ole Miss loss. Having said that, OSU didn't look that great today as they struggled for a good bit of the game. A win is a win and I certainly will take it. But, they won't be getting many style points for that lethargic effort.

Last edited:
OSU also beat some very good teams that season in and out of conference. FSU hasnt beat a team with a pulse.

OSU also beat some very good teams that season in and out of conference. FSU hasnt beat a team with a pulse.

That Washington State team Ohio State played alone makes their resume more impressive than FSU's this year.

I actually thought that the comparison between the two teams was a good one. That Ohio State team seemed to struggle but always found a way to win like the Noles do this season. The 2002 OSU team had a better D but FSU has a much better QB and offense. They may win with different styles of play but I like the comparison.

Well, it did help that both Minnesota and Wisconsin won coupled with an Ole Miss loss. Having said that, OSU didn't look that great today as they struggled for a good bit of the game. A win is a win and I certainly will take it. But, they won't be getting many style points for that lethargic effort.

They clearly were overlooking Indiana, but they played like the dominant team they are in the second half. It would have been nice to rack up a 60-0 game, but it's not exactly like they squeaked by either.

My guess is that the same list gets spit out by the CFP committee, unless they go crazy and drop FSU to fourth.

You don't have to say anything for all I care. I'm just telling you this FSU team feels a lot like that OSU team. Calm down.
Could also make the comparison to the 2010 Auburn team that won six games by a touchdown or less. Although the level of competition that Auburn struggled with was WAY better than that of FSU.

Edit: Wrong thread

It will be interesting to see how the rankings shake out later tonight. I'm sure Alabama, Oregon, and FSU will still all be ranked in the top 3. As for MSU at 4, who knows? Ole Miss getting crushed by Arkansas isn't doing MSU any favors. TCU didn't play so I'm not sure that they can jump over MSU at least for now.

Unfortunately for OSU, VT had another crappy loss (this time to a putrid Wake Forest). My goodness that loss is just a thorn in their side. Plus, they played a real sloppy game against Indiana. I think Baylor might jump them this week.

Apparently, Noah Spence has his appeal hearing today. If he wins, I've heard that they expect him to play Saturday.

Apparently, Noah Spence has his appeal hearing today. If he wins, I've heard that they expect him to play Saturday.

He's not.

Hasn't practiced with the team all season, this is a hurdle he needs to clear before joining the team in bowl prep or for next season.

I'm expecting the top 7 to stay the same. As it should. Nobody played well enough or poorly enough to deserve movement.

GOnna be interesting.

TCU has a cake walk, but that could hurt them in the end run b/c they don't play anyone high.

Baylor has easy this week then a tough one against KSU.

Hopefully we destroy UX and have a good showing in the B1G.

MISS St. could still lose to Ole Miss. They did just get stomped but will want to come out and not get embarrassed again against their rival.

I am thinking we either stay or just 1 to 5th.

If OSU wins out, Baylor or TCU can't compete with that resume.

The horrendous loss is overshadowed by multiple wins over bowl teams and a conference title on a neutral field.

TCU has wins over 3-loss Oklahoma, 2-3 loss KSU and 4-loss WVU.

Not enough, IMO.

Baylor is a non-factor, not enough quality wins.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."