• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Game 12 | Raptors (10-2) @ Cavs (5-6) | November 22, 2014 | 7:30pm EST

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Aren't you the guy who led the crusade to trade Kyrie last year and build around Dion?

Correct. I don't know about "build" but I was for trading Kyrie.

Now I'm kissing Kyrie's ass for improving and lambasting Dion, deservedly, as the backup guard he has proven himself to be thus far.

He's got to pull it together quick or he will be traded. It's not personal.

Correct. I don't know about "build" but I was for trading Kyrie.

Now I'm kissing Kyrie's ass for improving and lambasting Dion, deservedly, as the backup guard he has proven himself to be thus far.

I'm with you. I was/am exactly of the same thinking.

Correct.

Dion is the same player you were praising last year. He didn't just suddenly lose all his talent.

What seems more likely to you. That Dion suddenly forgot how to play basketball or that he's not being used correctly by Blatt? Mind you, Dion looked great in the preseason.

And before you ask, I could outline all the ways in which Blatt is mishandling Dion and other players on our bench but I don't feel like it. MoFlo did a good job of it though in the David Blatt thread.

I don't know what happened. I loved Blatt's rotations in preseason but once the regular season started it's like everything just flew out the window. Bizarre.

I really don't even want to look over the box score to try and break it down where the Cavs lost, I watched this entire debacle on television and it is shocking.

It's not a coaching thing, it's not a system issue or rotation matter...it's all on the players. I thought coming into this season, the bench was decent. Talent wise, the bench has it but it's all some mental barrier right now. This completely falls on the lack of bench production in my eyes, I cannot realistically expect the starters to come back in and make matters right, your opponent is hot and you got them into a flow.

Even if they had won it, it wouldn't have solved anything, it would have just masked their early inconsistencies for another night.

Is it too early to panic? Yes. But it's a serious issue of just the sheer drop off of ability once the bench is called upon. Basically, the bench let 1 guy beat them and they deserve the blame for this loss, completely.

Heck, at this point, will the Cavs beat the Magic on Monday and if so, does it accomplish anything?

It's simple, been saying it all season.

You NEED to trade for a big man in the middle.

Dion needs to be gone in the trade.

Nothing will be solved until you get a big man in the middle.

Dion is the same player you were praising last year. He didn't just suddenly lose all his talent.

What seems more likely to you. That Dion suddenly forgot how to play basketball or that he's not being used correctly by Blatt? Mind you, Dion looked great in the preseason.

And before you ask, I could outline all the ways in which Blatt is mishandling Dion and other players on our bench but I don't feel like it. MoFlo did a good job of it though in the David Blatt thread.

I don't know what happened. I loved Blatt's rotations in preseason but once the regular season started it's like everything just flew out the window. Bizarre.
Yeah, and that's why he has been so disappointing. He hasn't improved at all and still has the same weaknesses as year one.

Fuck it! Blow it up! Give up! That's what Cleveland's good at.

Throwing together buckets of diarrhea is what Cleveland's good at. Those buckets of diarrhea need to get dumped, at some point, so you can try to fill the bucket with good things. Staying with a bucket a diarrhea isn't going to make it smell like a rose. Consistency/staying the course is only the answer if your bucket is filled with something less noisome than diarrhea. That's what people never get.

The bench absolutely killed it for us in the second quarter. We could never regain ourselves after blitzing the tor outta the Raptors in the first. Then their starters got going in the third and our energy evaporated as well as our innate ability to get the ball in the hoop. There were a few stretches where we could not score and that's just not going to cut it against a team as good as Toronto.

Lou Williams and their bench won this game.

We have to take care of business against Orlando, Milwaukee, the Knicks, and Indiana. There's some winnable games coming up, just gotta bring the energy the whole time. And can our bench please do something?

is it just me or were we a better team when delay was playing...can't believe that a slow, short, aussie that went undrafted could be the secret to the Cavs playing well, but it seems that way...he seems to have a way of bringing other players into the game as well or better than anyone else on our team

is it just me or were we a better team when delay was playing...can't believe that a slow, short, aussie that went undrafted could be the secret to the Cavs playing well, but it seems that way...he seems to have a way of bringing other players into the game as well or better than anyone else on our team
He gives solid minutes of PG playing within the system

I can't help but wonder if the starters try to bury the Orlando Magic as quick as possible and so much so that its damn near impossible for the bench to give up the lead unless they go over a quarter without scoring.

I thought this was going to be another blowout. It was looking so good too, then the same issues came back...

Poor defensive rotations, lack of any semblance of an offensive system, and turnovers. When that happens, then the shots stop falling (how many open treys were missed?) and the frustration builds.

It seems the guys play a couple of possessions of good D, then the effort goes. Sometimes despite good D they're going to hit shots, thats okay, they need to stick with it. Without some kind of defensive pressure they arent able to initiate any transition or semi-transition offense. Meanwhile, the Raptors were constantly pushing the ball up and (insert any guard here) was consistently winning 1 on 2 fast breaks against a backpedaling defender.

On the bright side, Kyrie is playing better than he ever has. Despite his own quickness, he cant stay in front of anyone but hes putting in the effort and generating some good things because of that.

The Andy pick and roll is back. The ball gets forced to the roller causing a TO sometimes but this should be expanded to Love as well.

On the other hand, the bench:

Tristan: Has become a disaster with the ball. Unless he has an immediate dunk he should just pass to someone else. Usually he'll catch the ball from 10 feet out, pause for a while, do some kind of semi-spin then throw up a blocked shot or just turn it over outright. Hes actually not playing bad defense but he should be garbage-man only. There's enough other guys on the team to take shots.

Dion: As soon as he figures out hes not starting and will have more of an impact that way, things might turn the corner. Seems to put up a ton of long 2's, and makes like 35%. Hes got the ability to slash and ability to play D which would be much better uses of his skills. He could probably get a ton of open 3s as well but isnt shooting them particularly well this year.

Will Cherry: I hope Delly gets back soon

Their bench is going to win them the game. More accurately, Vasquez and Williams. Dion is going to let Williams shoot so many open 3s and we don't have any guards big enough to stay with Vasquez. Lowry plays the pick and roll game with Amir Johnson very well. Kyrie and Love are going to be lost. If they can't focus on the defensive end, we're screwed.

1/2 ain't bad.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."