• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

David Blatt is a former NBA coach

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still refuse to blame Blatt for what's happening to this team at this point. Yes, this is a rookie NBA coach. But this guy is far from a rookie of the game.

This quote stood out to me from his press conference:

I know it's not saying much, but this is a guy who knows how to win. This is a guy who has been a winner his entire career. This is also a guy that is backed up by a very solid coaching staff. Remember when everyone was throwing Ty Lue under the bus a few games ago? I find that to be a similar situation. In no way do I think that Lue was responsible for the poor defensive schemes and sets. I'm attributing this to the players lack of execution and chemistry.

Combine this with Jim Boylan, Larry Drew & James Posley and we're talking about a good group of guys with solid basketball heads on their shoulders. Together, they surely can't be held totally accountable for certain things we've been seeing as I feel that not only do they see these things as well, but are providing direction to try to correct some of the issues on the floor. It's up to the players to deliver.

I'm still behind Blatt 100%. The guy is a veteran and has some of the most entrancing charisma in the basketball world. It's time for him to translate that positivity into a positive, winning record.

ya i dont blame blatt really...i mean, he's made some blunders, sure....but its the roster and players

lebron isnt playing defense really

kevin love cant play any defense

kyrie tries but isnt great

andy doesnt really protect us from guards driving

the bench is smelly shit and waiters is bad at a lot more things than he's good at

I gotta read this in the Blatt thread now?
Blatt did get one thing right this season when he said "No way we are trading Wiggins". Too bad.

I mean, I see no other way you can fix the bench. The only 2 viable options to help it out are Marion and Andy. And just because he comes off the bench doesn't mean he won't play a lot with LeBron (we've seen that before). Also, at least with the offense the starters provide they can hide some of Tristan's defensive limits, and a lot of Harris' limits as well. They just need to do something to get the bench some help, cause it has been pretty awful this season.

Ive never understood this argument. 1 Good game from Harris doesn't qualify him as a starter by any means. We need defensive players in the starting lineup with the big 3.

I think the question is, does the offense look good when the team is executing? Does the defense look good when they are giving effort and executing?

The answer to the first question is yes, and I have seen flashes/evidence of the second. So to me this is on the players. They are not playing together and are just breaking off play's like my team did in fourth grade. We didn't win shit and neither will this one till they wise up.

I'm not saying you said anything about hiring Marc I'm just making a point that the crux of the matter is beyond the coach.

I don't think he's panicking, I just think he has an awful bench and a dysfunctional starting lineup with chemistry and low post defensive problems.

I mean... no matter who he throws out there there is a chink in the armor at any given position.

As far as being put in a position... I don't know what to tell you. It looked like everyone was put into a position to succeed in the first quarter. What happened? That's Blatt's fault? Kevin Love was posting up and getting good looks almost the entire first half, didn't see that in the 2nd half. Coach Blatt's fault? Coach Blatt draw up all those turnovers too?

I just don't see it that way. There's too many other areas of concern.

What happened in the first quarter? They played like they were supposed to & the exact opposite of what I ranted about happened. They ran their offense through the post, they played with a sense of urgency, everyone knew their roles, etc.

I'm not saying he's responsible for all of their fuck ups, I'm just saying we'd get a lot more consistency out of everyone if everyone knew their roles & things weren't changing a mile a minute. I mean, is it really necessary after 12 games, to change the rotation as much as he has?

At the same time, there's simply no excuse when we go stretches without a single sense of urgency. Yes, part of that is on the players, but it's also on the coaching staff as well.

Do I think some of it is the personnel on the team? Sure, to an extent. But do I think that the personnel is being utilized correctly? Not even close.

He keeps changing the roles because none of it is working, particularly with the guys off the bench. He's trying different line-ups to see if he can spark guys. He allowed Waiters to play with Irving in the 1st half and then LeBron in the second. He's trying to find something to get those dudes to play like functional players.

The start of this season has been so frustrating, more frustrating than last year because we didn't have Kyrie, LeBron and Love last year. So frustrating this year because when I'm watching other teams play (teams that are worse than us), they look better than us and they look like they know what they're doing, they make basketball look so easy compared to when I watch the Cavs and think, "damn, it's so hard for the Cavs to get a basket or consistent good looks". Why can't we just execute like the teams that are worse than us? That's the most frustrating part.

Tonight was all meNtal.playing with an enormous weight on their shoulders

I don't understand why your all freaked out. Miami started their first BIG 3 season with 9 losses and 8 wins. They went from there to 4 consecutive finals. It's a rough start but thats all that is, the start. There are still 71 games to play and if Lebron stop acting like his the owner the coach the cheerleader and the everything on them team and just start focusing on basketball the Cavs will be OK. But when Lebron tried to guide players in time out and doesnt let Blatt do his job than thats how it looks.

Anyway, Cavs will finish the season with 50+ wins don't worry.

Rewatching the game on league pass.

Our most identifiable issue is still the lack of spacing.

I don't understand why your all freaked out. Miami started their first BIG 3 season with 9 losses and 8 wins. They went from there to 4 consecutive finals. It's a rough start but thats all that is, the start. There are still 71 games to play and if Lebron stop acting like his the owner the coach the cheerleader and the everything on them team and just start focusing on basketball the Cavs will be OK. But when Lebron tried to guide players in time out and doesnt let Blatt do his job than thats how it looks.

Anyway, Cavs will finish the season with 50+ wins don't worry.
True, but Miami won 96-70, 101-78, 129-97, 101-89 and 123-96 during that 9-8 stretch. They showed signs of dominating. We have shown literately nothing like that.

True, but Miami won 96-70, 101-78, 129-97, 101-89 and 123-96 during that 9-8 stretch. They showed signs of dominating. We have shown literately nothing like that.

Atlanta Hawks.

I've said it before - Andy is a pf and continues to play like one. While I'm happy to see him getting open looks and finishing on the P&R, it is completely shutting Love out of the offense. TT is terrible, but he needs to start at center. Andy is not going to change his game, so let him do what he does with the second team.

we have shown it for short periods of time. Not flukes. Sixers will never do that.

We just break down mentally. Theres a huge, negative, rolling storyline right now.

I killed it at sales, always. Ihad two weeks where I could not give away my product. everything I said was retarded and the deal would sometimes just have no reason not to close but it wouldnt. I was like a child on the phone. you could feel the other person laughing on the other side of the phone. they were aware of how bad it was, i was too. amateur, "shouldnt be paid to do this" stuff.

Snapped out of it, because thats not me, and this team is not this team. lebron james is lebron james and kevin love is kevin love. Assumin its going to keep going like this is just silly. it will improve. theyre not just playing a game right now.its mental.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."