• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Blockbuster Trade ideas

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Not really a blockbuster idea, but after the smoke about Corey Brewer, why couldn't the Cavs take a look at Andrei Kirilenko? He's a versatile player that could back up multiple positions. He's an expiring contract this year making just north of $3M, so he fits into the trade exception very nicely. He also has familiarity with Coach Blatt from their time together on the Russian national team in the Olympics.

The trade would save Brooklyn a lot of money in tax if they struggle this year.

Not really a blockbuster idea, but after the smoke about Corey Brewer, why couldn't the Cavs take a look at Andrei Kirilenko? He's a versatile player that could back up multiple positions. He's an expiring contract this year making just north of $3M, so he fits into the trade exception very nicely. He also has familiarity with Coach Blatt from their time together on the Russian national team in the Olympics.

He hasn't deserved an NBA contract in a LONGGGG time.

Clearly AK47 is on the outs in Brooklyn. DNP-CD past few games. AK doesn't even know why. I'm just affraid his gas tank has been empty for a few years now. Now back in 2008 ish , yeah these forums had a man crush for him and rightfully so.

Trade 1

Dion for JR Smith

Look I understand this isn't the sexiest trade for a former top 5 pick. But Dion is both statistically struggling and a character concern. JR has been valuable to winning teams in the past and could fit in the Cavs as a "you're going to get wide open 3s all game" role.

Trade 2

Tristan Thompson, Lou Amundson for Thaddeus Young

This is a weird trade for the TWolves because they just traded for Young. But Rubio and Kmart seasons has ruined any fantasies about winning this season and Minnesota is not a great destination talent or location wise for a UFA like Thad. It may be irrelevant but Thad is hardly rushing back to rejoin the Timberwolves about leaving to grieve, about to miss his 5th straight game. Tristan is younger and a controllable restricted free agents, plus has the Wiggins and Bennett connection. Clearly for the Cavs Thad is a wonderful fit.

He hasn't deserved an NBA contract in a LONGGGG time.

Didn't he play somewhat decently last year? I have no idea because I haven't seen him play since his Utah days, but I thought he was a quality player off the bench last year.

If he ends up getting traded somewhere and cut, I wouldn't mind him on a minimum deal.

Trade 1

Dion for JR Smith

Look I understand this isn't the sexiest trade for a former top 5 pick. But Dion is both statistically struggling and a character concern. JR has been valuable to winning teams in the past and could fit in the Cavs as a "you're going to get wide open 3s all game" role.

Trade 2

Tristan Thompson, Lou Amundson for Thaddeus Young

This is a weird trade for the TWolves because they just traded for Young. But Rubio and Kmart seasons has ruined any fantasies about winning this season and Minnesota is not a great destination talent or location wise for a UFA like Thad. It may be irrelevant but Thad is hardly rushing back to rejoin the Timberwolves about leaving to grieve, about to miss his 5th straight game. Tristan is younger and a controllable restricted free agents, plus has the Wiggins and Bennett connection. Clearly for the Cavs Thad is a wonderful fit.
so we trade a young chucker with character flaws for an older chucker with character flaws? this is horrendous, and that's coming from someone who has been anti-dion since forever.

thad young seriously is not very good, and he doesn't actually fill any needs up front (read: DEFENSE!). people can say paying thompson $10-$12M a year or whatever is dumb and overpaying, which isn't wrong, but paying thad young that much is equally bad.

neither of these address the cavs biggest issues, or make any sense at all honestly.

LeBron for the rights to Jahlil Okafor

How do the Cavs talk the Bobcats into taking Dion &Tristan for Kidd-Gilchist and Biyombo?

figured i'd paste some trades here suggested by realgm, so terrible, others id think about

here they are

1)

Denver Trades: Mozgov, Foye,
Denver Receives: John Henson, Kendall Marshall, Memphis First

Denver gets a nice Power forward/center prospect in Henson, along with a real backup point guard in Kendall Marshall all for the cost of really Mozgov. I would love to add a fourth team in this deal and dump hickson but I couldn't really find one that fit. I feel like the Cavs would take Hickson giving them the ability to move Thompson to address other needs but it would put them in the luxury tax. I also considered moving hickson and the pick to the timberwolves for Corey Brewer but then I feel like Denver needs a little more value.

Cleveland Trades: Dion Waiters, Lou Amundson, Memphis first
Cleveland Recieves: Mozgov, Randy Foye

Cleveland gets their big guy and a better three point shooting role player then Brewer. Would help out the team immediately.

Bucks Trade: John Henson, Kendall Marshall
Bucks Recieve: Dion waiters, Lou Amundson

The bucks move one of their many power fowards that they have for a real improvement at shooting guard. Amundson is an expiring so he is just salary filler to make the trade work.

2)

Waiters and Amundson for Mozgov and Foye. Cavs get a rim protector and a backup guard. Nuggets get upside of Waiters.

TPE and Cavs 2018 1st (1-20 protected) for Corey Brewer. Cavs get a veteran wing defender. Wolves are rebuilding so a 1st would be helpful.

Starting Brewer and Mozgov would allow Love to be a bigger part of the offense and get more shots up. And Mozgov would hide Love's defensive ineptness.

3)

Cleveland trades: Dion Waiters, Alex Kirk, Joe Harris

Pacers trade: George Hill, Ian Mahinmi (absorbed into TPE), Rodney Stuckey

Why for Cleveland: Get incredibly solid veteran help in positions of need. Hill and Stuckey are perfect additions to this backcourt - Hill can start and provide good catch-and-shoot and good defense. Mahinmi makes a very capable backup 5. Stuckey is a very nice bench scorer.

Why for Indy: Get a young guy who is in the wrong situation, give him the keys to the team for the rest of this year, see if he can make it happen as the main guy, and hope he can blend well with PG when PG returns. Trade West and do the rest of the season focusing on developing the young guys, tanking for a high pick, and getting Waiters in line.

I like the first one but the only change is if we are giving up the Memphis first then we need afflalo back instead of foye

If we could get away with #2 that would be grand robbery and put us back in the hunt. I think everyone is fascinated with getting a center, while that's true we need to upgrade the talent at every position. Our bench is so thin its not even funny right now

Is Mosgov really on the block? I might be in the minority but sign Allen and start him at the 2 until a more then average guard becomes available. Big guy in the middle and a 2 guard in better shape than anyone but James is the answer. Plus Allen plays so much off the ball which is what the coach wants and it spreads the floor even more so Love isn't relegated as a spot up shooter.

Sent from my KFJWA using Tapatalk

here's one from realgm all knicks fan are saying yes to

CLE: Iman Shumpert
NYK: Future MEM 1st rd pick (5-14 guaranteed)

Why for CLE: there roster obviously has some issues, one being that they lack a starting SG and a perimeter defender. They currently start Shawn Marion at SG. Enter Iman Shumpert - a young guy that does a lot of the things Shawn Marion can do and would be a great fit with Kyrie Irving.

New York turns Shumpert into a valuable future asset that won't count against their cap in 2015

my god would i do this in 10 seconds

I liked KJ McDaniels before the draft, and I like his fit on our team even more now. He could start at the 2/3 right away, and add a weakside shotblocker and defensive presence. His 3 needs work, but this kid has immense talent, and I would like to get my hands on him for this team's future.

How about this:
Dion Waiters
for
KJ McDaniels & Alexy Shved?

KJ's value may be too high (upside with a 2nd round salary), but, perhaps since he only signed the 1 yr deal at the beginning of the season, Philly may not want to get too wrapped up in trying to retain him long term.

EDIT: Just found the KJ McDaniels thread..what they said. However, I give Dion up for him all day.

Last edited:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."