• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

11/23 - Browns (6-4) @ Falcons (4-6) [1:00 PM EST, CBS]

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Not sure what everyone else is watching, the only really poor throw Hoyer made was the interception on the underthrow, whereas he made a few really great throws. I feel like many are already forgetting what a truly bad QB looks like, which is kind of amazing considering the consistently horrible QB play we've seen for over a decade. He and Josh just didn't have any chemistry on the deep stuff today, which is to be expected and Josh for sure dogged it on the late back of the endzone INT, as he is wont to do from time to time.

Your argument is that he had ONE bad throw?

Haha, my goodness.

Gordon's back was to the play on the INT in the endzone, blaming it in any way on him is absurd.

Texted my dad after the game and just said, "Haha stupid."

That's how I felt about that one. Obviously happy they won, but man was that an annoying contest. Should've SMOKED them.

The Gipson injury sucks and this defense is just so banged up. Unfortunate because they've been better.

It is insane to think about the blown opportunities, Baltimore loss, huge momentum shifts vs. Jaguars and Texans... Win any of those three games and they have a shot to be the 2nd seed in the AFC, as of now they're 7th out of 6.

Hoyer certainly is starting next week. I just wonder what the odds of seeing Johnny would have been if that last minute drive doesnt come together.

I admire the toughness of Hoyer and he has made some clutch drives late. It's hard to kill a guy who is 7-4 when the custom here is to lose 11 games each year. But the fact remains that his completion rate sucks and that can no longer be ignored when he starts turning the ball over.

He is the limiting factor in what looks like it could be an elite offense. We are used to seeing QBs look like crap when surrounded by crap. Hoyer is looking like crap surrounded by some serious talent. Can't overlook that much longer.

The improvement on offense is amazing. Except Phil Dawson, I don't think the Browns miss any of their former offensive players of the last 7 years. Or really since 03 or so probably as well. Kevin Johnson could probably contribute, but that seems about it.

The improvement on offense is amazing. Except Phil Dawson, I don't think the Browns miss any of their former offensive players of the last 7 years. Or really since 03 or so probably as well. Kevin Johnson could probably contribute, but that seems about it.
If we're considering Special Teams as offense, give me Cribbs or even Northcutt compared to the fair catch fumble machines we currently have. Might have to take Vickers at FB as well. I get your point though.

If we're considering Special Teams as offense, give me Cribbs or even Northcutt compared to the fair catch fumble machines we currently have. Might have to take Vickers at FB as well. I get your point though.

Special teams aren't offense...they're special teams.

Special teams aren't offense...they're special teams.
Right well he included Phil Dawson so I kinda just went with it.

Right well he included Phil Dawson so I kinda just went with it.

Well, I would say that kickers are generally considered to be a part of the offense. Punt and kick returners are special teams guy (who may also contribute offensively as receivers or whatever).

It is close to December and the Browns have more wins than the Cavs in less games.

Who thought that was going to happen?

Haha I actually thought cundiff would blow the kick but I assumed it was going to be from 50.

You have to admit this Cleveland losers mentality has to end.

Oh, of course it does- but I think the best way to end it is reductum ad absurdum- use 'that is so Cleveland' for everything. Even this post is so typical Cleveland.

I get the Hoyer hate, he's been miserable lately. Also he's shown just how ineffective he is when the running game is shut down. It's the single reason we lost to Jacksonville and Houston. However it's hard to justify benching your starting QB in the middle of the playoff race. Especially for a rookie that could end up torpedoing the games.

Hoyer has been bad, but it's clear this team thinks of him as a leader.

Maybe I'm biased because I never thought much of Johnny, but I can't fathom a QB change while you're winning. It's ugly and that's largely because of Hoyer. However the team is 7-4. Freaking enjoy it for once.

I'm more concerned with coaching blunders and the decimated defense.

Last edited:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."