• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2015 NBA Draft Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Ahhhh, it's going to be nice to not care about this anymore for a while.

Yes and no. I bet someone will start a Memphis pick watch thread/safari. The higher the Memphis pick,(if they dont make the playoffs) the better caliber of player you can bring back with the Haywood contract if you go that route.

Since Gasol is going to be a free agent, I wonder if giving Memphis their pick back along with Haywood in a sign and trade would work.

If we could somehow land Willie Cauley-Stein, that'd be freaking amazing. He's exactly the type of big man we need on this roster. He's Tyson Chandler 2.0, except he'll have three years of college under his belt with the Kentucky Wildcats when he joins next years draft. He'll come into the NBA ready to contribute! Some draft sites have him on the bubble first round while others have him on the lottery. Seems like next years draft isn't as weak as some have suggested in the past.

WTF, why would we not care about the draft ? Did we fire our (admittedly shitty) scouts ?

OKC (Adams) and SAS (Leonard) sure care a lot. MIA didn't and that's why they were running on fumes last season.

Also on top of the Grizzlies pick, we still have our own.

We won't have our own pick this season, it had a failsafe protection and we likely won't qualify to meet those protections.

We won't have our own pick this season, it had a failsafe protection and we likely won't qualify to meet those protections.

We didn't trade the whole pick to CHI, we just traded swapping rights.

2015 first round draft pick to Chicago
Chicago has the right to swap its 2015 1st round pick for Cleveland's 2015 1st round pick protected for selections 1-14 (if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then Cleveland's obligation to Chicago will be extinguished) [Chicago-Cleveland, 1/7/2014]

Ok, so we're not going to be in the lottery and we will likely have a better record than Chicago, so no swap or anything, we'll just have our pick? Is that right?

Ok, so we're not going to be in the lottery and we will likely have a better record than Chicago, so no swap or anything, we'll just have our pick? Is that right?
Nope. It's only protected through selections 1-14, the Cavs will likely not be in the lottery so Chicago will be getting the Cavs late first round pick.

The thing thing mhi quoted said 'swap picks,' meaning we'd get their pick if they took ours. Is that inaccurate?

The thing thing mhi quoted said 'swap picks,' meaning we'd get their pick if they took ours. Is that inaccurate?

http://realcavsfans.com/community/i...015-team-salary-and-future-draft-picks.44686/

Swap option on Cavs 2015 first round draft pick. If the Cavs' 2015 first-round draft pick is a non-lottery pick (outside the top 14), the Bulls have the option to swap draft positions with the Cavs. This applies only to the 2015 pick and does not apply to future years.

So you're right, I was a little foggy on the details. My bad.

No worries, just trying to figure it out...so we do indeed have 2 first round picks next year if we get the Memphis one? Thats pretty amazing considering all the wheeling and dealing thats gone on this summer.

No worries, just trying to figure it out...so we do indeed have 2 first round picks next year if we get the Memphis one? Thats pretty amazing considering all the wheeling and dealing thats gone on this summer.

Yes - the one will be the lower of either the Bulls or Cavs pick, so it's like to be in the 26-30 range.

The real question is, how are we going to pull off the lottery win?

are the Kings willing to part ways with their unprotected first rounder & non PF player that earns enough that they can trade for TT?

I heard they're looking for a PF.

From the looks of boxscores, Okafor seems to be dominating offensively thus far. What's the deal with his low rebounding numbers though? 7.0rpg in 27mpg seems to be a bit low for a guy as dominant as he is and with a NBA-ready body.

From the looks of boxscores, Okafor seems to be dominating offensively thus far. What's the deal with his low rebounding numbers though? 7.0rpg in 27mpg seems to be a bit low for a guy as dominant as he is and with a NBA-ready body.

I haven't seen Duke play yet, but boxscores can't tell the whole story. Guys like Dirk, Marc Gasol, Brook Lopez, Bargnani, etc have low rebounding numbers because of their place on the court. They are more perimeter-oriented big men, so they're out of position when a rebound is secured. Not saying this is what's happening with Okafor, but it's a possibility.

Finally seeing Duke play on TV today and man, Okafor looks like the real deal. He might need to add on some muscle, but he'll be a force in the NBA.

Reactions: AZ_

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."