• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Week 11 (11/16): Texans (4-5) @ 1st Place Browns (6-3) 1 PM CBS

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I have them going 1-5 to close the season.

L to Falcons
L to Bills
L to Colts
L to Bengals
L to Panthers
W vs Ravens

And I was saying 7-9 is what I expected their record to be. Not that they'd have 7-9 wins.

No, I got that. You said you had them at 7-9 and that's "about what they're looking at." Just mentioned that 8 or 9 wins is not "about" 7-9 because the number of games in the season makes the difference of 1 win or loss pretty big. It's not like saying, "I had the Cavs at 59 wins and that's about what they're looking at," because 82 games makes predicting "around" the number something of value. Being "around" 7 wins in the NFL is a pretty big difference when judging a prediction.

On a side-note, you must really think low of the Browns...

No, I got that. You said you had them at 7-9 and that's "about what they're looking at." Just mentioned that 8 or 9 wins is not "about" 7-9 because the number of games in the season makes the difference of 1 win or loss pretty big. It's not like saying, "I had the Cavs at 59 wins and that's about what they're looking at," because 82 games makes predicting "around" the number something of value. Being "around" 7 wins in the NFL is a pretty big difference when judging a prediction.

On a side-note, you must really think low of the Browns...

No, I mean I had their record at 7-9 before the season and I think that's still where they'll be. If they win more than one game the rest of the season I'd be VERY surprised.

Four of the games are on the road and the two at home are against very good teams.

I think the Browns are a young team that can come out one week and look like world-beaters against a good team and then come out the next week and get their asses handed to them by a bad one.

No, I mean I had their record at 7-9 before the season and I think that's still where they'll be. If they win more than one game the rest of the season I'd be VERY surprised.

Four of the games are on the road and the two at home are against very good teams.

I think the Browns are a young team that can come out one week and look like world-beaters against a good team and then come out the next week and get their asses handed to them by a bad one.

So that would mean 3 more wins.

@The Oi I'm understanding you. I think. We just have a difference of opinion on the Browns. I have a hard time believing they will lose to all three of the Bills, Falcons AND Carolina. I mean, that's futility. Enough of it to have to consider whether or not this year was really an improvement.

Given the draft pick implications, one can almost assuredly mark down a loss against the Bills.

I have them going 1-5 to close the season.

L to Falcons
L to Bills
L to Colts
L to Bengals
L to Panthers
W vs Ravens

And I was saying 7-9 is what I expected their record to be. Not that they'd have 7-9 wins.

You think they lose out?

Browns are 3-0 vs. the NFC South with Carolina left. They're just 1-2 against the AFC South, but even counting a loss to the Colts (just for the sake of argument), the Browns have a good chance to nab 2 more games at least.

You think they lose out?

Browns are 3-0 vs. the NFC South with Carolina left. They're just 1-2 against the AFC South, but even counting a loss to the Colts (just for the sake of argument), the Browns have a good chance to nab 2 more games at least.

They will lose out. Very disappointed to see my prediction was ruined by horrible time management by the Falcons. Should really count as a loss.

They will lose out. Very disappointed to see my prediction was ruined by horrible time management by the Falcons. Should really count as a loss.

Don't you just hate it when that happens... :chuckle:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."