• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The "What are you playing now?" Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Yeah that game looked incredible on all max settings. I just wish they would have put a little more emphasis on puzzles, platforming, and exploration and a little less on constant firefights. It reminds me of Uncharted. Just too much shooting to the point where it starts to get a little ridiculous. It's a shame the sequel will be Xbone only. I'd definitely prefer the mouse and keyboard if they're going to have that much shooting.

Xbone only?!? damn it...didnt know that. I really like the mouse + KB set up for this game, really intuitive. I do feel like the camera is really shaky during some cut scenes though, like when they try to emphasize Lara's perspective the camera gets shaky hand

Xbone only?!? damn it...didnt know that. I really like the mouse + KB set up for this game, really intuitive. I do feel like the camera is really shaky during some cut scenes though, like when they try to emphasize Lara's perspective the camera gets shaky hand

Yeah, I think it's only a timed exclusive, but I think the time is at least a year. Microsoft paid a lot of money to secure that one, which was an interesting move for a series that just had a game that, by all accounts, underperformed based on its budget. It was a great game, sure, but everything I read said that it didn't sell enough copies to be considered a success by Squeenix.

Squeenix is about to print money when Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMix comes out

...at least theyll get $40 from me immediately hah

Really liking Far Cry 4 thus far. Includes everything I liked in the last one (hunting, outposts, towers) but dialed up a bit. Story is just whatever so far (you get an interesting villain set up, yet he hasn't reappeared at all so far) but it's a typical FC game with nicer graphics, which is what I was hoping for.

So, thinking of buying a game, either Madden NFL 25, Madden NFL 15 or the RBI (baseball) game, for XBOX one.

Would like to know your thoughts on it.

It's stupid how many games I have right now. Bought Far Cry 4, Dragon Age, Shadow of Mordor, Assassin's Creed, and still need to get COD and Evil Within. I've played maybe an hour of Assasins Creed, none of Far Cry, 2-3 from Dragon Age, and most of Shadow of Mordor.

I work 6 days a week, I don't have time for this shit.

Guys how is unity? I got it this weekend. Was thinking about trading it for 2k15. I've played the other assassins creeds before and thought they were pretty good.

Guys how is unity? I got it this weekend. Was thinking about trading it for 2k15. I've played the other assassins creeds before and thought they were pretty good.

It's like every other Assassin's Creed game, only they added crouching, made it prettier, and released it unfinished.

Speaking of...can that series please just ditch the stupid pseudo-futuristic Templars/Assassins plot and pretend it never existed? No one has any idea what the fuck the story is supposed to be about, so why keep on pushing it when all anyone really wants to do is kick back and enjoy historical parkour and murdering famous people from the past? They should also just totally rip off the combat from Batman/Mordor because it's much, much more fun than the one-button win fighting in AssCreed.

It's frustrating because Assassin's Creed has such potential as a series, but they continually waste it with boring missions, incomprehensible stories, and lame gameplay. Focus on assassin missions and platforming first, then build the game out from there. I feel like they keep doing it the other way around and just throw too much boring shit at you rather than finding a great gameplay loop (like Batman's combat/stealth loops, for example) and then repeating it with gradually increasing difficulty.

Last edited:
It's like every other Assassin's Creed game, only they added crouching, made it prettier, and released it unfinished.

Speaking of...can that series please just ditch the stupid pseudo-futuristic Templars/Assassins plot and pretend it never existed? No one has any idea what the fuck the story is supposed to be about, so why keep on pushing it when all anyone really wants to do is kick back and enjoy historical parkour and murdering famous people from the past? They should also just totally rip off the combat from Batman/Mordor because it's much, much more fun than the one-button win fighting in AssCreed.

It's frustrating because Assassin's Creed has such potential as a series, but they continually waste it with boring missions, incomprehensible stories, and lame gameplay. Focus on assassin missions and platforming first, then build the game out from there. I feel like they keep doing it the other way around and just throw too much boring shit at you rather than finding a great gameplay loop (like Batman's combat/stealth loops, for example) and then repeating it with gradually increasing difficulty.
I agree with you. I always got lost in the storyline like a hour into the game lol. Maybe its just me. But I'm thinking about selling it. I have the code that came with the Xbox one. How is GTA next gen? Is it the same exact game only in first person and with netter graphics??

I haven't played GTA next gen yet. It's on my list, but I bought enough games over the past two weeks that I didn't need to add yet another massive open world game. I've got enough on my plate between Dragon Age, Unity, Far Cry 4, Sunset Overdrive, and Mordor.

Also, my parents are visiting this week for Thanksgiving, which means they'll be occupying the living room for extended periods of time, which means not a lot of gaming time for my console games. I could also move my consoles to my bedroom, I guess, but that's a lot of work for four days worth of gaming. I guess that means I'll be putting some time into Far Cry 4 (the only game of the ones listed that I bought for the PC) over the long weekend.

I actually enjoyed the futuristic aspect of it.

Spoilers

I enjoyed the Desmond stuff where he gained his ancestors' abilities. Lost interest in the non future story once Desmond was gone. Really wanted to see Desmond attack Obstergo, which I guess he did a little.

Last edited:
The first dragon age was one of my favorite games ever. Fun gameplay and (not so subtle) ripping off of the Game of Thrones plot had me instantly.

Naturally I got Inquisition and so every other game I touched went to the back burner.

I actually enjoyed the futuristic aspect of it.

Spoilers

I enjoyed the Desmond stuff where he gained his ancestors' abilities. Lost interest in the non future story once Desmond was gone. Really wanted to see Desmond attack Obstergo, which I guess he did a little.

Yeah, I thought the whole series was building up to a modern-day open world game where Desmond used all the things he'd learned from his ancestors to take down Abstergo. Then they just...didn't do anything remotely similar to that and the plot went completely off the rails. Now it just feels tacked on and useless.

Yeah, I thought the whole series was building up to a modern-day open world game where Desmond used all the things he'd learned from his ancestors to take down Abstergo. Then they just...didn't do anything remotely similar to that and the plot went completely off the rails. Now it just feels tacked on and useless.

The guy that was mainly responsible for the development of the story for the first few games, Patrice Désilets, left the studio after being Creative Lead on AC: Brotherhood in 2010.

He then went to work for THQ in 2011 which was bought by Ubisoft in January 2013 and then was promptly fired in May of 2013

That's why it went off the rails IMO

The guy that was mainly responsible for the development of the story for the first few games, Patrice Désilets, left the studio after being Creative Lead on AC: Brotherhood in 2010.

He then went to work for THQ in 2011 which was bought by Ubisoft in January 2013 and then was promptly fired in May of 2013

That's why it went off the rails IMO

Yeah, but I mean, didn't anyone at Ubi look at the series and come to the obvious conclusion that a game set in modern (or slightly futuristic) times would be the clear endgame, at least for the first set of games? The game wasn't exactly hiding this, and it just seems like Ubi did everything in their power to fuck it all up.

It honestly seems like the people who make the games honestly don't understand what makes them fun, or rather what could be improved to make them fun. They continue to focus on all the things that are boring or stupid and glossing over the things that they should be focusing on, like finally fixing the free running so it does what you want it to more than 25% of the time, or making the combat more fun. Instead, they just keep packing the maps fuller and fuller with menial tasks that none of us really want to do, or collectibles that we don't really want to collect.

Reactions: KB

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."