• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The Brian Hoyer thread...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Sad.

I know Hoyer's sound bites are all about, "I just focused on my own preparation, yadda yadda.." That said, he also operated as the underdog this entire time. There is no question he is very aware of the 800 pound gorilla in the room.

I'm sure he's aware of the Manziel stuff but that quote, granted out of context, has a different tone than his humble "I go out there and give it my best" cliché. Out of context it sounds as if he's getting the feeling from inside the organization that he's not long for the job and his only shot is to go and play fearless.

I'm sure he's aware of the Manziel stuff but that quote, granted out of context, has a different tone than his humble "I go out there and give it my best" cliché. Out of context it sounds as if he's getting the feeling from inside the organization that he's not long for the job and his only shot is to go and play fearless.

Or playing fearless and throwing downfield is all you can do when you are down with 44 seconds left... I think people are making that quote something it's not

Sad.

I know Hoyer's sound bites are all about, "I just focused on my own preparation, yadda yadda.." That said, he also operated as the underdog this entire time. There is no question he is very aware of the 800 pound gorilla in the room.

I don't think JFF weighs 800 pounds.......idiot

Or playing fearless and throwing downfield is all you can do when you are down with 44 seconds left... I think people are making that quote something it's not
You could be right. Like I said, I've only seen the quote taken out of context. If could have been about the final 44 seconds.

The fury :chuckle:.

He did a lot of bad yesterday, but also showed some of his best qualities at the end. Just enjoy it. If there's something that can be called Hoyer being Hoyer, it's what happened yesterday.

Since no one in their right mind would give Hoyer credit for today's win, the supporters credit him for the last drive. It's great that we won the game, but I'm not gonna pat the guy on the back for 4 average throws.

I think you can acknowledge that Hoyer played like crap for nearly the entire game but at the same time give him credit for having the poise, professionalism and composure to put the bad plays out of his mind and do what he had to do at the end. I don't think either aspect of his performance should be discounted.

Was he ever asked what happened on his third pick, because JG ran that corner to perfection and was wide open, yet with no pressure Hoyer floated the ball to JG's backside. Just wondering if he ever explained that?

Was he ever asked what happened on his third pick, because JG ran that corner to perfection and was wide open, yet with no pressure Hoyer floated the ball to JG's backside. Just wondering if he ever explained that?

He was beating himself up pretty bad over the last two.

But he was clutch, and he's 10-4.

/endthread

Another in the long line of reminders that Brian is really, really smart and mentally may be the brightest QB in the NFL. He just fails physically time and again.

I'd still bring him back next year, but with his completion percentage nearing 50%, he's going to have to improve greatly down the stretch in order to make anyone think about giving him starter money.

By my calculations that would put Hoyler above both stephen hawking and albert einstein, relative to his chosen profession.

So smarter than Einstein, relatively speaking...

Get it?

By my calculations that would put Hoyler above both stephen hawking and albert einstein, relative to his chosen profession.

So smarter than Einstein, relatively speaking...

Get it?
Unfortunately, yes.

Just when I thought the Brian Hoyer thread couldn't get any worse...

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."