• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

How much would you give up for Anthony Davis?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stark

The Winds of Winter
Reaction score
DISCLAIMER: No, I'm not saying we should go out and get Anthony Davis or we have a chance anyways or that the Pelicans are trading him or anything. It's not happening, I know. I'm just curious.

Say that for some odd reason that the Pelicans GM is blackmailed into trading Anthony Davis to us but we still have to structure a fair deal to make it all legitimate. What would you give up?

My basis answer right off the bat would be something involving Kevin Love, Tristan, and Dion but I'm not even sure that could get it done. Would anybody potentially move LeBron based on Davis' future potential as the best player in the game?

Davis this season is averaging 26.3 PPG, 11.4 RPG, 3.5 BPG, 2.2 SPG, on 57.8 FG% and is an 80% free throw shooter with a 36.03 PER. Unbelievable.

Kyrie and Dion or Love and Dion for Davis. Whichever they prefer. Probably would be the best offer in the league. Unless OKC wants to give up Westbrook.

Kyrie and Dion or Love and Dion for Davis. Whichever they prefer. Probably would be the best offer in the league. Unless OKC wants to give up Westbrook.
lol no

anthony davis is already a top ~3 player and whichever team he's on has him locked up because of the rookie contract handcuff silliness. teams would be lining up to gut their roster for him.

edit: and the deal suggested in op is ridiculously awful for the pelicans. like, they'd never ever ever even take a call from the cavs again if it were legitimately offered.

Basically this, though I'd rather keep Kyrie.

I'd give up anyone on the roster, and that includes LeBron

lol no

anthony davis is already a top ~3 player and whichever team he's on has him locked up because of the rookie contract handcuff silliness. teams would be lining up to gut their roster for him.

edit: and the deal suggested in op is ridiculously awful for the pelicans. like, they'd never ever ever even take a call from the cavs again if it were legitimately offered.

"Rookie contract handcuff" isn't silliness...

That's for another thread though. Just know that without the rules being the way that they are in terms of rookie contracts and all that shit, small market teams would have no way to compete with big market teams.

That's for another thread though. Just know that without the rules being the way that they are in terms of rookie contracts and all that shit, small market teams would have no way to compete with big market teams.

How much longer is Davis on his rookie contract? Another year? If so, he'll cash in during the 2016 free agency when the cap goes up.

pels wouldnt take kyrie and dion.

that trade would also be considered as: a.d. for kyrie irving.

dion has no value at all right now.

How much longer is Davis on his rookie contract? Another year? If so, he'll cash in during the 2016 free agency when the cap goes up.

He came in with Dion so yeah. And no I think he'll get his extension next summer (similar to Kyrie last summer) so he'll just barely miss the massive increase in the cap unfortunately. He'll get whatever the max New Orleans can offer him though.

yes they would. this isn't baseball; there is a salary cap and a finite number of true stars. essentially locking someone to a team for ~7 years is ridiculous.

I'd trade anyone for AD
he's so efficient, wow and he isn't even trying.
he doesn't require the ball to score, he';s not stopping the offense like Lebron and Love.. he's the perfect player
Quiet, modest and efficient

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."