• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Game 13: Magic @ Cavs, Monday, November 24, 2014, 7:00 PM EST

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Unless you're Canadian I guess.

Or Australian (see me for reference) which, judging by his screen name, I'd say he is. We spell it as 'defence' down under.

Observations after tonights game:
LBJ can still play, but getting older and can't do it consistently
RI is a work in progress, unsure what he might become (or not)
AV, all heart
TT, $12 mill...in your dreams
DW, leaving on a jet plane (By All Star break)
KL, DEFENCE, spell it, it is not that hard
Overall, tonight masks some ongoing problems...a couple of players short of a championship team...and a few players that need to be moved on

Lebron is averaging 25.3 / 6 / 7.4 On a new team with zero continuity. His efficiency will skyrocket once everyone is comfortable in the system in January.

He is the very definition of consistency.

Observations after tonights game:
LBJ can still play, but getting older and can't do it consistently
RI is a work in progress, unsure what he might become (or not)
AV, all heart
TT, $12 mill...in your dreams
DW, leaving on a jet plane (By All Star break)
KL, DEFENCE, spell it, it is not that hard
Overall, tonight masks some ongoing problems...a couple of players short of a championship team...and a few players that need to be moved on

Seems to be for you.

Welp, I missed tonight cuz of work. Again.

Last time I did? We beat the Hawks by like 40. Hmm...

Granted it was against an inferior foe, but the defense and ball handling was a step in the right direction.

They held the Magic to 36% from the floor and to do that against any NBA team is impressive.

To top it off, they had good ball movement, in tune for 30 assists on 42 field goals made with 5 less turnovers.

Build upon it, take that ball movement into the game against the Wizards on Wednesday and even if the defense isn't as on par as it was against the Magic, offensively, you are still in the game.

So...

How did we break the losing streak and get back to our winning ways?

I have a thousand words.

27-louis-amundson-hair-great-ridiculous-nba-haircuts.jpg

;)

Good progress on defense. Yes ORL sucks but rotations were on point, guys were active in the passing lanes, shots were contested.

I still have a beef with the rotations. I don't understand why Blatt insists on always playing LBJ + Love together and Waiters + Irving together. If anything I would swap those and have Love anchor the block in lineups when LBJ was out and LBJ and Irving play well off each other. This seems easy to see yet Blatt insists on those pairings which is bizarre to me.

I also am not a fan of playing LBJ entire quarters. Especially the entire 3rd because then he is sitting to start the 4th and it leads to Blatt panicking and overplaying him.

I started watching the game about the time it was ending so I'm saving all of my observations for this post.

LeBron had a couple plays where he looked disinterested, but overall was much more engaged than almost any other game this season.

Kyrie still gets crushed on screens. He isn't nearly as bad as last year, but I still saw 4+ layups/dunks/wide open 3s where he either got caught up in picks and didn't recover quickly enough or just forgot who his man was. I guess the good news with him is that he's improved enough that the last line of defense doesn't have to move out of position nearly every play like last year, which led to the PG on the opposing team getting 10 easy assists a night. If the defense can trust him to do his job most of the time, then they won't be out of position all the time, if that makes sense.

Dion didn't play terribly, but his body language was terrible. He missed the layup and was practically crying on the stanchion. Dion really needs to stop that. LeBron isn't helping much here as he's the guy Dion looks up to and LeBron does the same crap (just not to the same extent). I really feel like LeBron needs to light him up after he does it, make sure Dion knows that it won't be tolerated. He also had a couple of good drive and kicks and the ball didn't completely stop in his hands, though it wasn't exactly popping, either. I only remember one stupid dribble, fade away, long 2. I think he had a 2nd long 2, but it was in the flow of the offense and an overall good shot.

Tristan is really filling the role of shot blocker. His help defense has shown a marked improvement this year. I really want him in the starting lineup. Andy is great, but TT fills our need in the starting lineup better. He recovers so much faster than Andy at this point.

We ran some good plays where Love got some good shots, but for the most part, he's an afterthought. I really wish every play where TT or Andy dribble trying to create would be a possession for Love instead. Blatt needs to find a way to get him involved more without it being boring postups or catch and shoot 3s.

Joe Harris seems to have a couple of plays every game where I scratch my head and wonder why it's him guarding the quick guard while Dion is on the bench. Dion's ball stopping has to be the reason he's not getting time because Joe is a sieve on defense if he's guarding someone even remotely quick.

Brendan Haywood plays 6 minutes and gets 3 blocks. Maybe he ends up our shot blocker? 6 fouls at the hoop and 2 blocks a night would be great down low.

Last edited:
Then why would you be sick of the guy? Wouldn't you want him to play 40 minutes of a game if he was so terrible?

Weren't you saying you didn't want Blatt fired because he was bad?
Lol I don't want Cavs season to go down in flames.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."