• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Dion Waiters Traded

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Grade the Trade (Waiters + Kirk/Amundsen + 2nd rd pick for Smith, Shumpert, and 1st rd pick)

• A+

Votes: 18 7.1%
  • A

Votes: 68 26.7%
  • B

Votes: 106 41.6%
  • C

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • D

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • F

Votes: 9 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because kevin love has actually produced at an elite level in the nba. Dion waiters is the same exact player he was when he entered the nba; only now he is worse because he doesn't have the freedom to pound the rock for most of the possession and he refuses to do any of the dirty work that is necessary to offset his inefficiency. Waiters has been given plenty of time to showcase himself, much more than a lot if players actually.

So you think we should just cut our losses and release him then?

The kid has talent. He went number four for a reason.

It's amazing how quickly opinions change around here. I saw Waiters play an efficient and valuable brand of basketball post-All-Star break last season. Yet, he gets off to a slow start in the first 1/8 of the season and everyone is ready to give up on him?

He is basically the same age as Kyrie. Kid isn't a finished product. Everyone's production is down and inconsistent. Jury is still out. Let's see what happens.

I will slice my dick off if Dion Waiters ever plays 20mpg + for a team that is in the last 4 of the playoffs in the next 5 years.

He's not a winning nba player.

*** 11AM Edit I'm leaving this here as an example to all of the kids. Do not post on RCF at 4:30 AM after a heavy night of drinking at a seedy joint for a bachelor party.

Last edited:
Is Dion the reason we are losing games?

He's definitely not helping us win them, that's for damn sure.

Before the season Lebron said that Dion would be the guy to get all the hate. I don't understand why.

Because he doesn't only struggle, he compounds everything he's doing wrong with an awful attitude. I really like(d) Dion a lot until this season. He's losing me fast with his bullshit.

I will slice my dick off if Dion Waiters ever plays 20mpg + for a team that is in the last 4 of the playoffs in the next 5 years.

I still think it's too early to say this for certain, but he is definitely headed down that path.

He's kind of a mix between Allen Iverson and Marreese Speights. We'll see which way he goes.

Not ready to write the kid off just yet.

I still think he can become a very well-respected 2 guard in this league.

He impressed me last season. I wanna see him more comfortable before we judge.

That's funny considering the Cavaliers saw more success and played winning basketball and had better ball movement with Dion running the show while Kyrie Irving was injured last season. He was a big reason why we had won 7 or 8 games straight and had that late season playoff push. What makes Kyrie a winning nba player? He hasn't proven that he is any different from players like Francis, Marbury, and Davis from yesteryear. All of his accomplishments that he has to his resume aren't in real NBA games. Cavs would still be a lottery team had LeBron decided not to come bail Cleveland out again
icon_lol.gif

Last edited:
That's funny considering the Cavaliers saw more success and played winning basketball and had better ball movement with Dion running the show while Kyrie Irving was injured last season. He was a big reason why we had won 7 or 8 games straight and had that late season playoff push. What makes Kyrie a winning nba player? He hasn't proven that he is any different from players like Francis, Marbury, and Davis from yesteryear. All of his accomplishments that he has to his resume aren't in real NBA games. Cavs would still be a lottery team had LeBron decided not to come bail Cleveland out again
icon_lol.gif

Any season with Mike Brown as coach does not count..

And Kyrie is an elite talent with mutiple elite skills (shooting, dribbling, shot creation, finishing). Dion doesn't have any.

MCW won rookie of the year last season and he came into his freshman year @ Syracuse as a 5 star recruit so we know he has plenty of talent.

He played @ Syracuse for 2 years. His first year he came off the bench because Boeheim opted to start the players whom had been with him longer (seniority) in Jardine and Triche. His 2nd season however, he started as Scoop Jardine left and he became the oldest capable PG on the roster.

So yes, you are expected "to believe that someone with way more talent wouldn't have started" in relation to Dion. That's just the way Boeheim operates and it's well documented.

Not really a good case for your argument. Last year was a pretty weak rookie class, perhaps the weakest ever. MCW had one of the all time worst rookie seasons from a player to win rookie of the year. And MCW just wasn't' very good his freshman year. Not only did he not start, he barely played.

Did players who were actually good at the time, like Derrick Coleman, start his freshman year? I can't find it myself, but I doubt he played 30 minutes/game without starting.

And it is a fact that Dion clashed with Boeheim at syracuse - to the point where he was thinking about transferring to a different school over lack of playing time his freshman year.

This is all largely irrelevant to what's going on with Dion now. For the 2nd straight year under different coaches he's not only fallen out of the starting lineup, he's fallen way down in the rotation. Both times he's made his own situation worse by pouting.

Last edited:
icon_lol.gif

I guess if you want to just make things up. Our longest winning streak last year was 6 games. Kyrie started all 6 games, dion didn't start any and missed one. In that stretch Kyrie had games of

23/12/3
28/6/5
23/4/5
22/7/7

That one game missed turned into 6, we were 3-3 in those 6 games including our win over the thunder.

Last edited:
Why does Dion get all the hate?

I really do not understand it. Kevin Love is supposed to be a superstar in this league and his numbers are way off from what we are used to seeing.

Dion is struggling right now as well, but couldn't that be a product of the entire team still getting to know each other's tendencies?

Yeah, Dion has taken some bad shots and has shown a bad attitude, but he isn't the only player on this team that is doing those things. I've seen a drop in production from most players and the collective attitude of the team has truly been disappointing.

Give this team a chance. Also, we may as well give Dion a chance too. Everyone who is hating on him right now, I must ask: what sort of value could he really bring back right now?

I am not one to argue about past drafts. Dion Waiters is a Cavalier right now and I hope and believe he can get it together.

because he continuously visibly pouts and sulks during 30 point blowout wins. That's going to draw criticism.

Dion is an average talent. Average shooting, average dribbling, average passing, shit rebounder, and shit defender. The only tool he has that's elite is his first step and even that is negated by the fact that he is 6'3 and a shitty finisher.

When Kyrie plays like shit im disappointed because I know his talent level. When Dion plays like shit I expect it but his bad attitude is what pisses me off

I guess if you want to just make things up. Our longest winning streak last year was 6 games. Kyrie started all 6 games, dion didn't start any and missed one. In that stretch Kyrie had games of

23/12
28/6/5
23/4/5
22/7/7

I didn't know off the top of my head how many games in a row we won which is why I stated 7 or 8 but I see it was actually 6. So I was 1 game off.
8zs.gif
My point is that Dion breaking out after all-star weekend was a huge reason why the Cavaliers turned their season around and even got a taste of what it was like to play in meaningful games till the end of the season. He stepped up big while Kyrie was injured and hit game winners like these.

Post All-Star Break: 19.2 PPG on 45.2% from the field, 37.7% from 3, and 74.1% from the line in 33.0 MPG.

Last edited:
you were more than 1 game off, you tied the winning streak into dion playing well while Kyrie was out when the only one who missed games in that streak was Dion.

Dion did play better the 2nd half of the season. A lot of people expected him to have that carry over into this season instead of reverting to the same problems that got him benched last year that included some DNP CD that he is headed to again this year.

I don't even really care that his game is off, I do care that he's is pouting instead of finding ways to help the team with hustle. It's ridiculous he has let his attitude cause him to fall behind Will Cherry in the rotation. If he just had the heart and basketball IQ of Cherry or Delly he'd be be our 4th best player. Instead he's turning himself onto our ricky davis.

Our defense looked a lot better without Kyrie last year. This year he seems to be trying alot harder. Dion isn't.

icon_lol.gif

I'll take Steve Francis over J.R. Smith 10 times out of 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."