• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

OSU Recruiting Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
is the plan to redshirt Torrance Gibson next year? Seems like we'll be crowded at QB

is the plan to redshirt Torrance Gibson next year? Seems like we'll be crowded at QB

Going to be tough, IMO.

If Braxton comes back, obviously the chances are greater. But I think you've got to find a way to get this kid on the field.

Elite runner. Would be destructive in the wildcat or lined up outside in the redzone on jump balls.

Getting him on the field would be fantastic, but redshirting him wouldn't be too bad. Team is young with a fantastic class coming in.

Jones should transfer. He will rot on the bench.

No brainer to redshirt imo especially if Braxton comes back.

Redshirting TG would benefit OSU more long-term. We will have enough talent at WR, and he would be a great long term fit at QB in our system after Barrett's time.

Or even during Barrett's Junior/Senior season as a 2nd QB. We'll probably run a 2 QB system next season so you never know.

I remember when we tried the 2 QB system with Zwick and Smith. I hated it. But these guys are more talented (you could argue Smith > Miller though).

I remember when we tried the 2 QB system with Zwick and Smith. I hated it. But these guys are more talented (you could argue Smith > Miller though).
Zwick was just horrible.

Maybe Germaine & Jackson is a better example.

Recent Michigan decommit (the one who did it during the Maryland game) 4 star RB Mike Weber committed to OSU today...wonder if this signals the end of the Damien Harris recruitment.

College Football is not ready for what Ohio State is gonna be the next ~5 years.

Recent Michigan decommit (the one who did it during the Maryland game) 4 star RB Mike Weber committed to OSU today...wonder if this signals the end of the Damien Harris recruitment.

And just as I post this I read that Urban visited Harris yesterday at his home, so no, this doesn't end his recruitment.

When you have a chance to get the #2 RB in the country, you don't stop.

I also forgot about that 5* DE we got over the summer.

I am so freakin' glad I didn't grow up in Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota, etc...

I simply don't think Harris is happening... I think Weber is a good enough get to stop waiting on a less than 50/50 chance.

I simply don't think Harris is happening... I think Weber is a good enough get to stop waiting on a less than 50/50 chance.

That's my thinking. Especially with 2 4 star RBs in next years class in McCall and Hill.

Is there a big drop off from Harris to Weber? Of course Urban doesn't think it's over obviously, but I'm just curious. Haven't had a chance to youtube him. Internet is down at work.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."