• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Mike Miller

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How is Mike Miller going to do this season?

• He's washed up broken down dead salary

Votes: 53 41.1%
  • He'll be fine when the bright lights shine

Votes: 37 28.7%
  • He'll be OK as a bench guy once people adjust their expectations

Votes: 39 30.2%

• Total voters
I'm not going to over-interpret a 6-7 start, and I was in favor of the Miller signing this summer, though I acknowledged there were some ominous signs in his record/statline from last season...Miller still has time to show he is worth his salary.

But if the only reason he and Jones and Amundson were brought in was to be role models, well, my preference would have been for guys who can actually still play and contribute. These great role models haven't prevented a slow start. They certainly haven't done anything on the court to help. And now people are complaining about the weak bench. Well, your bench can be role models (or valuable contracts like Haywood), but that doesn't mean they are necessarily players. At least Marion has shown he can still contribute at a high level, in addition to whatever he is doing as a role model.

Now the Cavs admittedly were operating at a disadvantage filling out their roster since they had to wait for LeBron to make his announcement by which time the free agent market was already well advanced. But there were still younger players out there who ended up signing for the minimum. Off the top of my head, I am thinking of Aminu, Ed Davis, and Ellington. Were these guys great role models? Some weren't, and none were "champions." But at least we wouldn't be wondering if they were still NBA players, and each has had and continues to have success in the NBA as a "role" player -- Davis as a rim protector and rebounder, Aminu as a perimeter defender and rebounder, and Ellington as a shooter. Sound like attributes people are saying this team needs? I'm still really confused why these three players in particular were so undervalued.
I think you make a great point. But let's remember one thing, while youth is nice in the regular season, but who do you want playing in crunch time in the playoffs. Once the stiffs begin the rotation will be shortened to 7-8 guys. I am willing to take the pain right now, as these group of guys are who we want theme it comes playoff time. Also, as these players get older, they are not putting in the work in the offseason, they are using the beginning part of the season to get back into game shape. We are seeing this right now.

Now I will admit, if we are having the sames issues come Jan/Feb then I will be worried.

^^ he started 4 games

The more important stat is he played 21 mins a game and played in all 82 games. If he starts, i dont see him playing much more than the 21 mins anyways.

The best part about mike miller this season is his hair. He has a really awesome, stylish cut. I hope he's in better shape now because he has looked really slow up to this point.

The best part about mike miller this season is his hair. He has a really awesome, stylish cut. I hope he's in better shape now because he has looked really slow up to this point.
It's an undercut, I am rocking it right now too its pretty common and popular now lol.

He needs to grow it out so he can have the hair band in

images

Looks like Mike Miller's cheer leading on the sideline has been rewarded :D. I hope he can make open shots.

Mike Miller in the starting lineup... I just hope he can be even remotely serviceable on defense.

Mike Miller in the starting lineup... I just hope he can be even remotely serviceable on defense.
He will try and that's all you gotta ask for. He really bang for a board and go hard after a loose ball, that's a given.

He will try and that's all you gotta ask for. He really bang for a board and go hard after a loose ball, that's a given.

Agreed. Mike will give the effort certain others haven't. He knows how to play off LeBron. He isn't going to be a ball stopper and, as slow as he is on defense, he will likely always be in the right place and will keep his teammates accountable.

He's going to need help defensively, though. Everyone has to step it up on that end of the floor.

Agreed. Mike will give the effort certain others haven't. He knows how to play off LeBron. He isn't going to be a ball stopper and, as slow as he is on defense, he will likely always be in the right place and will keep his teammates accountable.

He's going to need help defensively, though. Everyone has to step it up on that end of the floor.
He is not shy of putting his body up against harm's way. When he was with Miami, him along with Haslem and Battier had a contest who could get draw the most charges in a season.

he went from the only DNP-CD last game to starter this game.

if you can do that you can impact the defense. Damon Jones didn't get enough credit for doing that when he was here.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."