• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The "What are you playing now?" Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
throw smoke bomb
press attack button twice per baddie

you just beat asscreed

throw smoke bomb
press attack button twice per baddie

you just beat asscreed

Alternatively, sit and wait for an attack. Counter. Win. It's strange how it's effectively the same combat system as the Batman games, but it's so much more stilted and less fun. Combat should be the high point of a game about being a badass assassin who kills historical figures, not a chore.

Alternatively, sit and wait for an attack. Counter. Win. It's strange how it's effectively the same combat system as the Batman games, but it's so much more stilted and less fun. Combat should be the high point of a game about being a badass assassin who kills historical figures, not a chore.

that and being able to buy the best swords and guns in the early game is effin lame... i did a ton of side quests shortly before and after getting the hidden blades and was able to buy the best/better swords and guns in AC4

Yeah, I thought the whole series was building up to a modern-day open world game where Desmond used all the things he'd learned from his ancestors to take down Abstergo. Then they just...didn't do anything remotely similar to that and the plot went completely off the rails. Now it just feels tacked on and useless.

Oh, I'm totally with you then. I loved where it was going and then they fucked it up. I haven't progressed far enough in Unity to know anything about the future part, but I abhorred it in Black Flag. Best game in the series is Brotherhood.

Hey look, a gaming company that can somehow afford to offer map packs for free!

All of Evolve's DLC Maps Will be Free

In order to avoid segregating the community, all future maps for Evolve will be free downloads for all players.

Speaking to IGN, Turtle Rock Studios' Creative Director Phil Robb confirmed that all future DLC maps for the upcoming monster hunter will be completely free for all players. He says this was done mostly to avoid segregating the community - he didn't want players to have the experience of being kicked off a server because they didn't pay for something.

"First thing we [Evolve's creative leads] said was we can't break the community up, so all of our maps will be free. We never want anyone to get booted off of a server because they haven't bought something," said Robb.

Additionally, Robb discussed the two other forms of DLC the game will receive: hunters and monsters. "We'll have characters and monsters, and even if you don't buy them, if your buddy wants to buy the DLC, that's cool, and your game will be enhanced through his purchase," Robb said. "So, you won't be able to play as those characters, but you will certainly be able to play with those characters."

Certainly a very consumer-friendly solution to a problem that has been plaguing first-person-shooter ever since the likes of Call of Duty and Halo popularized the DLC map pack.

Robb finally added that those who pre-ordered the game would receive the first monster DLC for free.

Do you remember back in the days of Quake, or Counter-strike, or even Team Fortress 2 where it was just...assumed that future maps would be free? Or that the game would ship with the support for the community to make their own maps? We've come a long way since then, but hopefully with some more devs like Turtle Rock Studios, we can get back there.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/138735-Evolves-DLC-Maps-to-be-Free-For-All

And yet Activision expects us to pay sixty bucks for a handful of Call of Duty maps?

Yet Jack, Valve charged for every single one of the Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 DLCs...

Yet Jack, Valve charged for every single one of the Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 DLCs...

Not if you had the PC versions. I believe Microsoft forced them to charge for those DLC packs on the 360.

If you'll recall, Microsoft also forced Epic to charge for Gears of War DLC despite the company's hesitance to do so, as they had always offered map packs for free previously and didn't want to charge.

Not if you had the PC versions. I believe Microsoft forced them to charge for those DLC packs on the 360.

If you'll recall, Microsoft also forced Epic to charge for Gears of War DLC despite the company's hesitance to do so, as they had always offered map packs for free previously and didn't want to charge.

Here's the thing. I hate Gears of War. I will never play Gears of War. I have a personal issue with CliffyB as I knew him.

Here's the thing. I hate Gears of War. I will never play Gears of War. I have a personal issue with CliffyB as I knew him.

Well, my point was that Microsoft has a well-known history of forcing developers to charge for DLC on the 360 whether they wanted to or not. I'm not sure if that was the case with Valve, but the L4D DLC was definitely free on the PC, and Valve has never charged for map packs in the past.

Hell, TF2 still gets semi-regular updates for free, and it came out seven years ago. The only thing that costs money in that game is unnecessary cosmetic bullshit that you don't need to enjoy the game.

That guy comes off as a complete douche just reading what he has to say. I couldn't imagine how bad he would be in person.

It's stupid how many games I have right now. Bought Far Cry 4, Dragon Age, Shadow of Mordor, Assassin's Creed, and still need to get COD and Evil Within. I've played maybe an hour of Assasins Creed, none of Far Cry, 2-3 from Dragon Age, and most of Shadow of Mordor.

I work 6 days a week, I don't have time for this shit.

I forgot to mention I have Watchdogs which I still haven't played and I have Destiny sitting unopened in my room. Thief as well.

I know it got mixed reviews, but I really liked Watchdogs. It was a fun game. Maybe it wasn't quite what they promised and the story was kind of dumb, but the gameplay was rock solid and the hacking made car chases more fun.

I picked up shadow warrior for 4 dollars on steam sale.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."