• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2014 Cleveland Browns

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I'd throw a fourth and sixth at RG3 in a heartbeat.

What's the worst you get with RG3? A QB who's hurt? The potential value with him is much greater than what I'd expect to see out of a 4/6. I might be in the minority on that, though.

What's the worst you get with RG3? A QB who's hurt? The potential value with him is much greater than what I'd expect to see out of a 4/6. I might be in the minority on that, though.
At worst, you get yourself an Andrew Bynum situation:

Low risk, high reward which ultimately leads to no benefit and some media drama/rumors/locker room tension.

Still, I probably take that low risk.

At worst, you get yourself an Andrew Bynum situation:

Man, I don't know if I've ever seen anything like that kind of attitude reported about RGIII.

That seems very extreme.

My biggest concern would be the lack of faith and confidence he has in his teammates right now, or maybe that he has in himself.

Either way, I think a change of scenery is a must for his career to produce any value.

That organization makes Browns organizations of the past decade seem innovative.

I honestly am not sure I'd be this enthused if he were going ANYWHERE other than Cleveland, where he'd have the opportunity to work with Kyle Shanahan.

Given the Browns uncertainty at the QB position, you'd be crazy not to have that discussion.

I would totally be for a "buy low" situation even if the biggest problem with RGIII is that he doesn't plant on his throws anymore (whether that can be coached out of him or is a result of his mindset after the injuries is anyone's guess).

But the reason I wasn't giving the Browns much of a chance of getting into this race is because I thought RGIII and Kyle Shanahan didn't get along that second year.

For example, I found this article: http://www.csnwashington.com/footba...yle-shanahan-rg3-im-not-going-say-it-was-easy

Maybe both could just throw that year away as a massive disappointment for everyone, but we don't know what was said behind closed doors.

Reactions: AZ_
I actually heard some guys on the radio this morning arguing whether or not Cleveland should trade Johnny Manziel for RGIII. I can say I'd be neutral on the deal to say the least.

I actually heard some guys on the radio this morning arguing whether or not Cleveland should trade Johnny Manziel for RGIII. I can say I'd be neutral on the deal to say the least.

my guess is this would come down to what the browns see in practice. if they see a guy that can eventually become a top 10-15 starter they keep him and hoyer. if they dont think that they try and make the swap.

i hope they try and make the swap. at the beginning of next season he will still only be 25

My biggest concern would be the lack of faith and confidence he has in his teammates right now, or maybe that he has in himself.

Either way, I think a change of scenery is a must for his career to produce any value.

I have a feeling he is just overwhelmed right now. When people hit adversity the mind can buckle. Self doubt starts to form, and people who were once prolific get reduced to nothing.

I can't speak for RG3 himself, but I've been in a toxic work environment before. I hated waking up in the morning. I hated going to work. I felt belittled by my peers and bosses. It was so bad I wanted to change career paths. I thought I was the problem and there was no solution.

I was able to move to another department, and boy did things get better. I started to love my job again. Regained my self confidence, and persevered.

I cant tell you specifically what changed. I'm the same person, doing similar work, with similar demands. But I can tell you one thing. I was never going to be successful in the first department. I needed a change of scenery... A fresh start if you will.

I think you are right on the money with this one b00bs.

b00b, I had the same sentiments when I saw that he was getting benched. A change of scenery and a focus on delivering from the pocket could get this kid back on track. I'm not convinced that his rookie year passing #s were an aberration.

My question was the Kyle Shanahan point...did they end on good terms? I know all the controversy with Kyle's pops, but was their relationship preserved? I'd really, really like to bring RG3 in here because I'm not convinced his final chapter has been written.

If this were to happen, the Browns should try to squeeze more out of the deal. RG3's value has to be low right now.

I wouldn't be against it necessarily. I don't have high regards for either one though.

Forget RG3 needing a fresh start, this guy can never stay on the field. He's an athlete trying to play QB in the NFL, and its not working.

But I wouldn't be against giving him a look.

I touched on it a couple weeks ago in the Hoyer thread, but RGIII's first season was arguably the best rookie season from a QB in NFL history. Andrew Luck (rookie record 4,374 passing yards) and Russell Wilson (rookie record 30 combined TDs) were both phenomenal that year, along with Alfred Morris (1690 yards, 13 TDs) and Doug Martin (1936 yards, 12 TDs), but Griffin managed to outshine them all.

From the destruction of the Saints in the season opener (19-26 passing for 320 yards and 2 TDs while unveiling a league-wide revolution in the read-option), the 4 TD massacre of the Cowboys on Thanksgiving, and the incredible 76-yard TD run against the Vikings, Griffin regularly made highlights under pressure while leading the Redskins to a playoff berth. The numbers speak for themselves, no other QB in NFL history has lead the league in yards per passing attempt (8.1) AND in yards per carry (6.8) across a season like RGIII did in 2012.

I'd absolutely take a chance on RGIII, especially since he's a total "buy low" guy right now. You could probably get him for a third-round pick (maybe even a fourth), and when you can get a potential franchise QB for that price, you have to go for it. Even if he flames out, you can at least say you took the chance to nab a game-changer. He's already had success in Shanahan's system, too.

But he's also thrown the guy under the bus too.

You only take RG3 if you can get him for low value. But, I find it hard to believe Washington is truly ready to part ways with him, after everything they've given up for him.

Thank God we didn't pull off that trade. We tried throwing the lot in for Sam Bradford and RG3, and it was the best moves we never made.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."