• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Anderson Varejao

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I preface this by saying I love the guy's energy and his constant movement... but it is a little annoying to see him cut right in the path of an open teammate. I get that he's just trying to help, but he needs to be more aware of the rest of the team and not just the guy with the ball.

Not sure why you're getting shot down on this. Granted, I think it's a lack of cohesion among everyone as I've seen Andy, Love, Tristan, Marion, and Joe Harris consistently get in each other's ways when it comes to cutting at the same time or being way too close on the floor in a non-rebounding situation. I noticed it a few times last night mostly because I was hoping that Love would get the ball on the cut or post to get in the groove, but then Andy would cut at the same time or they would fight each other for the rebound when no one else was around.

Again, not Andy's fault or Love's or anyone's; it's just something that will improve with better chemistry.

You know we won't trade Andy though. At least as long as LeBron is here.

I don't think we'll trade him at all. At this point I expect him to retire a Cavalier, and if he puts in a few (mostly) healthy seasons he's on his way to getting his jersey retired.

This team is so screwed if Andy gets hurt...he really needs to stay healthy

Andy is leading the Eastern Conference in FG% so far 59+%

Varejao, Henson, Valanciunas all pretty close:
1. Valanciunas (59.4%)
2. Varejao (59.2%)
3. Henson (57.8%)

I love Andy. Great a Cav has ever been. True class act and all-work player

So we signed Andy, while planning to trade him? That's not how you should treat a guy who played his whole career here and refused to ask to be traded when times were rough. I love that guy.

So we signed Andy, while planning to trade him? That's not how you should treat a guy who played his whole career here and refused to ask to be traded when times were rough. I love that guy.

We're not planning to trade him, we just signed him to a 3 year extension. The trade talk was more of a precaution against another major injury, not anything imminent.

If the Cavs were serious about moving Andy he would have been gone back when the roster was blown up in 2010.

On a side note, did anyone know Andy has a 7'3'' wingspan? Wouldn't have guessed it was that big by watching him.

Yes, thank you! I couldn't believe nobody called Apollo 13 out on that terrible post as I was reading through the thread. Get that weak shit outta here!

no point in calling me out if what I said is true. I don't over hype cavs players and can see them for what they are. AV is not the same player he was 2 years ago and is much slower. Every time someone bumps him he's rubbing that body part. Dude is to injury prone to be handing him that kind of money. He's not that good of a rebounder anymore and the numbers are showing it. Seems ppl are looking at his FG% which means nothing when he's getting open looks because of ppl doubling up on Lebron.

It's easy to say "get that weak shit outta here!" but how about explaining how any of these guys are better then JJ and deserve more money?

As for trading AV I don't that ever happening. He now has a horrible contract that most teams would never take for a injury prone player.

no point in calling me out if what I said is true. I don't over hype cavs players and can see them for what they are. AV is not the same player he was 2 years ago and is much slower. Every time someone bumps him he's rubbing that body part. Dude is to injury prone to be handing him that kind of money. He's not that good of a rebounder anymore and the numbers are showing it. Seems ppl are looking at his FG% which means nothing when he's getting open looks because of ppl doubling up on Lebron.

You can't ignore his shooting percentage. Regardless of how easier his shot attempts are due to LeBron being on the floor. His mid-range shot on pick-and-pops has improved dramatically, to the point where it's actually helped his game. His shooting percentage from 3-10 feet is 45.5 percent and from 10-16 feet he's shooting 58.3 percent, both are career highs. This is more than just LeBron drawing attention away from him. This is about being in the right spot, taking smart shots and having a grasp of the offense. Kevin Love, for example, is a much better offensive player than Andy but his percentages are down because he doesn't have a grasp on the system or playing alongside his teammates.

Speaking of Love, did you ever stop to think that Andy's numbers are down because there are players on the team that take away his rebounding opportunities (i.e., Love, LeBron)?

As far as being overpaid, that's a little silly. The Cavs have him for two years at $10 million per, and a third if they deem necessary. It's not a terrible contract. If the Cavs wanted to move him, which they will not, they would have zero problem finding a taker for Andy.

Last edited:

It's easy to say "get that weak shit outta here!" but how about explaining how any of these guys are better then JJ and deserve more money?

As for trading AV I don't that ever happening. He now has a horrible contract that most teams would never take for a injury prone player.

His rebounding numbers are down because the team added Kevin Love (Andy has never played with a better rebounding big man) & LeBron (the best rebounding 3 in the game).

As far as the "holding every body part that gets hit", he's always done that through his career. Not to mention, we have the fire power to protect him & limit his minutes a bit to help keep him healthy.

Who cares how he has a good FG%? It's not like all his shots have been bunnies. He's been hitting the mid-range J with regularity & is almost automatic from there at this point. Teams have to respect his mid-range J & it's actually now allowing him to attack the basket & be more aggressive. He's shooting 62% over his last 9 games.

Plus, if he's "only shooting so well because of LeBron", doesn't that just mean his synergy with LeBron is uncanny (which it always has been)? Andy continues to be invaluable to this team and he's only proving that more & more with his much improved jumper.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."