• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The Brian Hoyer thread...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
You should be able to play half a season to be a solid starter, so I'm not too high on the ghost of Carson Palmer.

Fair criticism. When he was in there, he looked really good though. If I recall correctly 3-4 games of decent play last season had many salivating over Hoyer, and he had nowhere near the track record someone like Palmer does.

Let's see what Palmer has left at age 36 coming off knee surgery next year, that's all I'm saying.

Palmer was markedly better than Hoyer until his injury this season, protecting the ball far better than he was in 2013.

That said, knee injuries at his age are...well...devastating.

Talk to me when romo starts winning playoff games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk at your local pub.

What have Rivers, Ryan, Luck and Stafford done in the playoffs?

Luck hasn't been in the league very long, Stafford has been ranked lower then all the guys listed by nearly everyone that posted and Ryan just doesn't have the defense to help him out. I'm also not sure if rank Ryan where everybody else has him. Rivers has made it to the afc championship game.

Romo is 1-3 in the playoffs.

Just looking at your list at a glands I would move Stafford and romo both down at least one. Stafford maybe even 2. I'd probably agree with you on Ryan.

Why does Ryan get bailed out for defense, but Romo doesn't get bailed out for having (up until this season) no line?

Why does Ryan get bailed out for defense, but Romo doesn't get bailed out for having (up until this season) no line?

Because he should be in the same tier as romo.

Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, and Peyton Manning are in their own class. Rivers, Big Ben, Luck, and Brees are in the tier below them.

Best QB in the league? Flip a coin between Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady. I rather have either one over that guy that works at Papa John's as his second job. But all 3 are clearly above the rest of the league.

Brees still belongs in the top 5 IMO.

And I don't think Rivers and Roeth belong in the same category as him. Rivers, Romo, Ryan and Roeth all fall in the same category for me.

I disagree, I hate Big Ben, but I think he's better than Brees.

I know Brees' numbers over the years look great, but they're inflated numbers playing in that dome.

I trust QB's in cold weather, in big games, and I rather have Big Ben in a game to win, in any condition, than Drew Brees.

I am thankful to all for their replies. The gap is as big as I feared. Glad this didn't turn into a flame war, though.

I am thankful to all for their replies. The gap is as big as I feared. Glad this didn't turn into a flame war, though.

It seems there was only one outlier opinion on Hoyer's tier... almost everyone sees him as a 16-22 QB in the NFL. Enjoy your Thanksgiving, Cutler and Stafford looking Hoyer-esque!

No need to rub salt in the wound. The debate is over at this point, as his benching showed. Best of luck to Hoyer wherever he ends up next season.

Need a mod to go ahead and lock this one up.

Keys?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."