• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2014-15 Off-Season Thread (Moss Acquired - Page 16)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Both Denorfia and Morales are kind of "eh" players. It all depends on the price to me. If it's a low-cost signing, sure. I'd rather talk to the Red Sox. Victorino/Middlebrooks could seemingly be had for a low cost. Middlebrooks could at least platoon at 3B and provide better defense than Chisenhall and Victorino would be an upgrade over Murphy in RF.

Does it ever seem to anyone else that a year/two after fans want a player, the Indians show interest?

I can't imagine that Denorfia would be getting any more than a minor league deal. Morales wouldn't be terrible at the right price, and I'll just pass on all the Red Sox castoffs.

Josh Donaldson traded to the Blue Jays....wow.

One of the top teams in baseball to full blown rebuild in a matter of how many months?

What a trade for Toronto. I can't imagine the Indians couldn't have matched that one...

What a trade for Toronto. I can't imagine the Indians couldn't have matched that one...

The A's could've been asking a fortune....like Chisenhall + Lindor for Donaldson.

Would've like to get him, but maybe the price was too expensive.

Lastoria summed it up nicely on Twitter this morning.

The Indians could have matched the Lawrie/Barreto part of the deal, but Graveman/Nolin are essentially MLB ready pitchers. The Indians only under control MLB-ready pitching that the Indians have (Salazar, Bauer, House) is already in the bigs and part of the rotation.

I like Donaldson a lot, but if the Tribe wiped out 40% of their rotation to get him (not to mention two other players), would it have been worth it?

Reactions: AZ_
Beane just being Bily Beane. This isn't a rebuilding move, this is a retooling. He is buying low on Brett Lawrie, who reminds me of another guy who was scuffling at the same age with a similar skillset, until the light went on and Josh Donaldson became an MVP candidate. The two hurlers give him immediate options for the rotation, which will have Jarrod Parker and AJ Griffin out until at least May. This now gives them Kazmir, Samardzija, Sonny Gray, some guy named Drew Pomeranz, and these guys to fill out a rotation until those guys get back. Heck, it may even buy the As enough to be able to deal Kazmir to get the slugger they now need back in their lineup. The Sox are looking for a starter, and they have a disposable slugger with just a year remaining who supposedly was well-liked in Oakland... hmm...

And that SS? Wasn't too aware of him, but after looking him up- this kid looks like a stud. Was outstanding in low A ball at 18 this year, already showing power and swiping 29 bases in 79 games. Hit 311 with a 380 OBP. His Ks were high, but that is about it. So to recap: he dealt Josh Donaldson for a younger Josh Donaldson, two starters who can help immediately while possibly freeing up other assets, and gets a stud young prospect. Beane is a beast.

Ill take a flier on Josh Reddick if Beans wants to trade everyone

The two hurlers give him immediate options for the rotation, which will have Jarrod Parker and AJ Griffin out until at least May. This now gives them Kazmir, Samardzija, Sonny Gray, some guy named Drew Pomeranz

Looks like the A's are in advanced talks with the White Sox for Samardzija.

The A's are my favorite team other than the Indians and I have no problems with what they're doing-- it was kinda expected. Everyone is saying they're punting the 2015 season but watch, ole Billy Beane will have these guys in contention in the AL west.

I really wish there was a 'Billy Scale' to judge these trades. It seems like he always gets fleeced yet a few months later it's clear he won the trade.

Definitely don't want to see Samardzija in Chicago. He and Sale would be a great front of the rotation for them.

Definitely don't want to see Samardzija in Chicago. He and Sale would be a great front of the rotation for them.

All depends on who leaves in that deal. If Avisail Garcia heads out of the division that can help the cause.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."