• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Game 14 | Washington Wizards (9-3) vs. Cleveland Cavaliers (6-7) | November 26th, 2014 | 7 PM EST

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
15/2/6 with 3 steals all the while playing great defense all night...

He definitely played a part in this win. You sound dumb as hell right now. We get it, you don't like him but damn. He's a Cavalier and he helped us win tonight.
And you come off as a road scholar every time your Dion Waiters radar goes off. I think rich said it best about the low expectations for Dion. This is considered an excellent game from him, taking more shots than he scored points. Certainly he did look much better tonight; which speaks for how awful he has been this season if we consider this an improvement.

He continues to take really low quality shots. He can't help himself, he literally can't go a single game without taking a few step backs or long twos early in the possession.

I'm glad he was more active defensively because he was really bad there coming into this game. He also looked much better as far as his body language is concerned.

Last edited:
Dion will get better, I don't see a reason to trade him at all right now.
His hsa no value right now and I see him helping us in the near future after he grows up abit and learns his role..
I like him alot more when he penetrates.

This is considered an excellent game from him

No one said he played an "excellent game". Just that he played well. The fact that you object so strongly to any praise directed @ Dion is pretty weird...

You're literally the only one bashing him right now. Do you think that no one else noticed his bad shot selection and FG% this game? Obviously not, but he did all the other things well. He played good defense, he was engaged and positive on the court, and he got others involved. He played a well-rounded game and that's a big step in the right direction for a player who has struggled with his identity as much as Dion has recently.

He played a good game. These are the types of games we expect from him going forward. That's all anyone is saying.

I watched the game but didn't comment in here so I'll give my thoughts:

Really happy with the aggressiveness all the way around. LeBron got to the line a ton and put them in the penalty early, and every time somebody got fouled we got easy free throws. Love took advantage of it and everyone was biting on his pump fakes.

Dion looked good. He wasn't perfect, but he gave us what we needed. Energy, effort, and aggressiveness. He attacked and scored the ball, which is what we have been needing out of him. His defense was very good as well. Sure, he missed some easy open shots, took some questionable shots, and missed some shots he should have easily finished at the rim. And took some fadeaways that really didn't need to be fadeaways (the main criticism I have for him). But he still made plays and I'll take that aggressiveness over being passive every time. Clearly Dion's mistakes didn't effect the game at all. We won by a ton. This just confirmed to me that we can't turn him into a spot up shooter. We have to let Dion be Dion. I loved how he played tonight.

Overall, I'm excited we put away a quality opponent by playing good basketball from start to finish. And didn't have any let downs. Very good sign and good step. We have played two good, consistent games in a row. This could be the start of the streak that breaks it open for us.

Also, forgot to mention, WOW our defense looked good. I mean, we rarely had any breakdowns. We were flying around all over the place and weren't letting them get hardly any easy shots. We are definitely capable of playing good defense.

giving up an average of 80 ponts a game or so in the last 2.

Have won the last two by an average of 29 points

Last edited:
Well I'm 1-0. Better than last year.

It does feel great beating the wizards though. As if there wasn't enough reason to hate that team; paul pierce had to join their ball club to add another dimension of disdain.

I feel you. Brenda sheds a single tear on the bench while looking at his photo with Caron Butler and Gilbert0 Arenas.

There was a lot of stuff to analyze about this game, but it doesn't matter to me. The only thing I need to know and love about this game is the most important word in basketball: DEFENSE!!!

If you want to skip my mini-drama filled night with the Cavaliers and skip to my game "analysis", by all means, go ahead...

I have Directv, I live in the Midwest so I know inclement weather can affect the satellite's signal from time to time and when you are an avid sports fan, you pray it stops or just doesn't happen at all on game days. I was wrong, here in Missouri we got maybe 3 inches of snow and it stopped about 90 minutes before tip but apparently at some point of the night (I usually watch the games on some sort of tape delay) signal was lost and I never noticed snow again or anything. Maybe it was cloud coverage with density as they were fill of moisture and it was unnoticed because of the night.

From like the 3 minute mark of the 3rd to the 5 minute mark of the 4th, no signal. I was lucky to not ruin the score and I got online and watched what I missed on League Pass Broadband. I don't have the fastest internet so the video was choppy so I found other (non-legal) ways to watch the time I missed. I JUST GOT DONE. I watched it on choppy streaming video and then I downloaded and watched the time I missed again. I was properly going to rewatch this game before Saturday anyway because of the beatdown but now with my OCD, I feel obligated too to make it a more fluid process.

Ok so onto the game itself...

That is more like it, last week's game against the Wizards was disappointing and I knew they wanted to send a message and they sure did.

I thought the key to victory was the offensive tone and taking care of the ball. Cleveland is crazy good in the fastbreak and they got to set the tone, and more importantly, kept the tone. They obviously won that battle, 17-2.

Also, only single digit turnovers doesn't hurt either, the Wizards doubled them in that category and Cleveland didn't have many poor offensive sets. 6 players in double figures, it wasn't just James, Love or Irving going ham. It was spread out and I knew when they had confidence in their offense, their defense would follow suit.

Onto Saturday...

Edit: 11/27/14 5:35 PM - Watched game with seamless branch of illegal download of time missed just now. All is good.

Last edited:
Hats off to Kyrie and Dion. They played fantastic defense. Fantastic! Kyrie put up some points quickly in the fourth but before that he wasn't having a great day shooting or scoring. He wasn't dishing out many assists. But his impact was huge. One of the first games of his I can remember where he played a big part while not doing much on offense. And Dion was doing great contesting just about every jumper comin' his way. Both guys had a fantastic nose for steals. It was a pleasure to watch.

Good game for the rest of the Cavs as well!

Some very winnable games coming up (Indiana, Bucks, @ Knicks), let's hope we can stretch this winning streak til at least the Raptors game.

Last edited:
Anyone else like to go back to the beginning of these threads when we end up winning by a lot and see all the ridiculous and overreactions that some people have? I think its hilarious. But i guess thats what a lot of fans do. I mean i do the same sometimes but some people go to extremes

note* not just talking about this game

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."