• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Rate the last movie you saw

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
There is talk of Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark being turned into a movie which is even more exciting for me than when they announced Where the Wild Things Are to be coming out.

I could imagine @gourimoko being excited about this as well, depending on whether you read the books as a kid.

This one is going to need to either be a cartoon or much more preferably just a regular movie with incredible technology to reflect those nightmarish pictures and landscapes Stephen Gamill drew. The illustrations were absolutely what made those books. Everything was so distorted and hairy and bloody looking. It could be really, really tough to do this with regular actors, but this needs to be EXTREMELY frightening to live up to those books.

As far as the structure of the movie, I'd love to see it being a series of shorts similar to the way Campfire Tales was done. Any way they can maximize the amount of stories that they tell. There were just too many great ones to name, though "The Drum," "me Tie Doughty Walker," "May I Carry Your Basket" and "Harold."

Absolutely cannot wait for this.

Last edited:
There is talk of Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark being turned into a movie which is even more exciting for me than when they announced Where the Wild Things Are to be coming out.

I could imagine @gourimoko being excited about this as well, depending on whether you read the books as a kid.

This one is going to need to either be a cartoon or much more preferably just a regular movie with incredible technology to reflect those nightmarish pictures and landscapes Stephen Gamill drew. The illustrations were absolutely what made those books. Everything was so distorted and hairy and bloody looking. It could be really, really tough to do this with regular actors, but this needs to be EXTREMELY frightening to live up to those books.

As far as the structure of the movie, I'd love to see it being a series of shorts similar to the way Campfire Tales was done. Any way they can maximize the amount of stories that they tell. There were just too many great ones to name, though "The Drum," "me Tie Doughty Walker," "May I Carry Your Basket" and "Harold."

Wow. Yes. Those books were my absolute favorite back in the day.

PS. I still can't watch Chris Pratt act in a serious role without thinking it's Andy Dwyer channeling Burt Macklin...

Star Wars teaser is out and you all suck for not talking about it.

New star wars movie is going to be ass

I remember those from childhood. Creepy.

I remember those from childhood. Creepy.

They kept putting them on banned book lists.

If you re-read them now, there will probably only be like 3-4 out of the whole series that would really freak you out. But the illustrations...those hold up.

He's butthurt because Abrams "ruined Star Trek."

Horrible Bosses 2 - Better than the first one. This is probably the funniest movie I've seen in years. Just consistent laugh out loud moments throughout. Charlie Day steals the show just like in the first one, but everyone else is great too, especially Chris Pine. Absolutely worth a watch if you like this type of humor.

9/10

Horrible Bosses 2 - Better than the first one. This is probably the funniest movie I've seen in years. Just consistent laugh out loud moments throughout. Charlie Day steals the show just like in the first one, but everyone else is great too, especially Chris Pine. Absolutely worth a watch if you like this type of humor.

9/10
YES! Damn I can't wait to see it.

Loved Interstellar. It was good enough that I, someone who really dislikes math and science and never gave any attention to it in high school or college, am now trying to teach myself the basic principles behind special relativity. The movie sparked my interest that much.

Loved Interstellar. It was good enough that I, someone who really dislikes math and science and never gave any attention to it in high school or college, am now trying to teach myself the basic principles behind special relativity. The movie sparked my interest that much.
You can start in the bicep 2 thread in the off topic section. There is also a great thread dealing with the cosmos tv series. If you really want to see how far the rabbit hole goes; send gourimoko a message. Those two threads have some heavy material though. Great input from other people such as Adam as well.

Is jason sudekis in horible bosses 2? That guy is fucking awful in everything.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."