• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Game 24 | Cleveland Cavaliers (14-9) vs. Atlanta Hawks (17-7) | December 17th, 2014 | 7:00 PM EST

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I would take either I just do not see Memphis giving up Kofus. Or else I would be on board, in a perfect world we get both. Oh and remember if we wait this year out that Haywood contract though. Did we forget about that as that will get us our final piece I think.

Don't see them getting rid of Koufos either who, BTW, is playing a great game tonight against the Spurs.

This might be the only time I will applaud the casual fan. Either they do not understand the game and are just happy to have a team that is better than 500 or they just love the team. However no need to boo this game. If they come out like this again and lay the same egg then yes BOO the hell out of them.

The boo birds came out in the 3rd quarter.

The boo birds came out in the 3rd quarter.

Oh so they were there. It is hard to hear on the TV last year I felt you could hear or had better sound from the crowd. Maybe it is just me or my setup.

Brewer ain't gonna solve anything. This team lost in the beginning of the third quarter when Milsap and Horford were just destroying us 1-on-1 in the post, time after time. Then they started hitting threes.

If Love and AV could play a lick of post defense we would be a lot better...

Oh so they were there. It is hard to hear on the TV last year I felt you could hear or had better sound from the crowd. Maybe it is just me or my setup.

They weren't THAT loud nor unanimous but they were definitely out.

They weren't THAT loud nor unanimous but they were definitely out.

I figured there had to be a few. I really need to go to a game I have not been to one since the Shaq year.

I say with great sadness, that I think this game exposed us for who we really are and always will be unless we can get a defensive-minded center for rim protection.

With Love on our team, I'm not sure we even have the option of playing the type of great team defense needed to stop players from getting to the hole in the first place. So we really do NEED a center to fix this huge problem. And until it's fixed, we definitely won't be winning a championship. We'll have some real pretty season games, but in the playoffs they will just exploit our defensive weakness over and over.

Rewatching the carnage..........it was mainly AV/Love. The rest were cheating, even in the first half. Began opening up quite a bit and Mack got hot. By the 2nd it was all the bigs. Gotta get another big in here. Much more important than a wing.

Lebron needs to have a man to man with Kevin. You just can't do that man.

Yes, it was painful. We won't see the true potential of this team until March. I can easily wait another 35 games after the 4 year drought.

You mean FIFTY-year drought?

Charlotte is going to be in fire-sale mode soon. Biyombo could be had for cheap(er). The Cavs don't need even an average center on offense. As long as Biyombo blocks shots, rebounds and takes up space, I could care less if he scores more than five points a night.

Use Dion on Brewer. Hell, I'd even take Martin coming off the bench.

Couldn't. Couldn't care less. If you COULD care less, it means you care.

I like you, King Stannis. I would serve as your Hand. I would fight with you beyond the wall. Please do not take offense.

I say with great sadness, that I think this game exposed us for who we really are and always will be unless we can get a defensive-minded center for rim protection.

With Love on our team, I'm not sure we even have the option of playing the type of great team defense needed to stop players from getting to the hole in the first place. So we really do NEED a center to fix this huge problem. And until it's fixed, we definitely won't be winning a championship. We'll have some real pretty season games, but in the playoffs they will just exploit our defensive weakness over and over.

This was the quintessential Cavaliers get exposed game.

My #1 fear: I have seen us get BLASTED from 3pt range too many fucking times. Our 3pt defense is atrocious, we are constantly scrambling and just watching guys fire open 3bombs.

#2 Waiters was efficient, 50%+ shooting in the game, and it didn't help this team one bit. I'm not putting this loss on Dion; what I'm saying is that I would 100% sacrifice Dion in a trade to get back a big center. What Dion gives you isn't worth what we think it is. There's plenty of players that do the same shit; Swaggy P is an example. Most GM's would say 50/50 coin flip on Dion vs Swaggy. These guys are highly replaceable, and we DESPERATELY need that big-body to guard the rim. It's insane, it's a complete turnstile right now. Dion's scoring isn't saving that; we have a hole in the ship.

I guess I never really realized that Varejao is/was such a poor defender. He was great at positional defense, but he's never contested shots at all. It's nothing for a small guard to just duck past him 90/100 times. Andy is also a PF: plain and simple, he's no longer adequate playing the 5 full time. He can cover 5's in a switch, but Andy would also ideally be complimented by a bigger guy down there. Zydrunas made Andy flourish because he was playing his ideal role, not being forced to guard the rim at last resort, AV was free to roam free for loose balls and it was money.

Love just concedes the layup, when the guard is far enough inside; Love aborts defense all together.
Andy is too old, Tristan is usually tangled up. We really need that 4th big in the worst way.

Can all the fans in attendance get a refund? They showed up, the team, on the other hand, didn't bother to. Horrible, lack of hustle effort.

Give me those 3 hours back of my life. :ugh:

ATL has a nice little team but that was ridiculous. Highly concerned with the defense, both on the perimeter and in the paint.

I don't see anyone else out there so fuck everyone else
Later Lebron came out and watched KI shooting for a while. Went out to him and talked a bit. Interesting post game to watch.

Not exactly what I was hoping for on my birthday. Oh well. Who won the gift card btw?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."