• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Pat Riley is driving the salt truck

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Looking at the Heat forums, they're ready to start the tank :chuckle:.
Hey, why not. Pick is top 10 protected for the next two years. May as well keep it while they can.

Now I am cheering for the Heat to make the playoffs.

Bosh has a torn calf muscle that means he might be out for a couple of weeks

Yes I know. My point is that I want them to lose their draft pick. I understand that, with Bosh and McBob out and Wade wearing down, they have a very good chance t miss the playoffs. I just want them to screw themselves out of a 1st rounder by getting the eighth seed. On top of their injury issues and aging vets, actually making the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed would be the worst possible outcome for their season because there is no way they can make it out of the first round. They'd be stuck in no man's land. I'd love it. I'm petty like that.

I just want them to screw themselves out of a 1st rounder by getting the eighth seed. On top of their injury issues and aging vets, actually making the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed would be the worst possible outcome for their season because there is no way they can make it out of the first round. They'd be stuck in no man's land. I'd love it. I'm petty like that.

If you want to really get petty...it would be more enjoyable if they finished with the 8th-worst record in the league, then 3 teams jumped them during the lottery, leaving them in 11th-place after the lottery. After thinking they were getting a top-ten-pick, their pick would go to Philadelphia. They also wouldn't make the playoffs.

I agree that it would also be fun if they made the 8th seed, got crushed in the first round, and lost their pick.

Reading the Heat tank thread on RealGM is the stuff that dreams are made of. They're seeing exactly how the other end of the LeBron departure looks right now, which is hilarious given how their fan base harassed ours for the past four years.

Reading the Heat tank thread on RealGM is the stuff that dreams are made of. They're seeing exactly how the other end of the LeBron departure looks right now, which is hilarious given how their fan base harassed ours for the past four years.
To be fair, most of that fan base roots for Cleveland now, and is likely harassing Miami in the same fashion.

Not sure why they don't just tank at this point. Wade had played really well offensively this year and it hasn't mattered much. Bosh has also played well offensively and it hasn't mattered much. Both have been poor defensively but a lot of it might had to do with that jump-trap defense they play and now play without James flying around everywhere. Getting a good pick before the free agent class of 2016 could help them rebuild something.

ESPN was saying Bosh is likely out tomorrow but Bosh said "We'll see". Spo also hinted that he may still be able to play tomorrow. I honestly hope he plays. With or without Andy, I want to stomp them when they're at full strength.

This feels sooo good. Here is a new edition to keep that Salt Truck on the road.

Pat Riley is still not over LeBron James leaving Miami
By Jesus Gomez@JejeGomez_PtR on Mar 12, 2015, 1:33p

"Generational teams stay together. The players stay together. They know what they have. They see what they've won. They see that there's going to be a little bit of an adjustment here, and they don't want to leave that. You may never get it again.

"That was almost shocking to me that the players would allow that to happen. And I'm not just saying LeBron. I mean, the players, themselves, would allow them to get to a state where a guy would want to go home or whatever it is.

"So maybe I'm dealing with a contemporary attitude today of, 'Well, I got four years here, and I think I'll go up there for whatever reason I went.' You know, the whole 'home' thing, I understand that. But what he had here, and what he had developed here, and what he could have developed over the next five or six years here, with the same team, could have been historic."

1-scott-tenorman2.jpg

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/3/12/8200643/pat-riley-lebron-james-leave-miami-heat

Last edited:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."