• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Who Will Be the Most Disappointing Cleveland Indian in 2015

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I'm going with the "All-Star" the Indians just traded for who hit 25 homers and batted .230. What an All-Star. Indians making big moves. World Series champs 2015.

I've never heard of or seen this poster in my life.

Only Jigo and Chardon are allowed to troll the Indians boards. Leave my presence.

1. Last was Masterson, hands down. He was the key for the rotation n it was the rotation shitting the bed in the 1st half that doomed them. Not to mention what having 2013 Masterson would have done for the staff. Kipnis could have gone Ryne Sandberg and the results would have been similar.

2. For 2014 I say Mike Aviles. Loses his utility spot by midseason to Ramirez. Has several bone headed plays, including a missed shaving cream pie on Francona in the middle of the clubhouse celebration for winning the pennant.

3. Ok in all seriousness, I say Carlos Carrasco. I hope and think he has turned a corner but he could still implode. As the no. 2 the season rides in his shoulders.

4. Most disappointing poster for 2015 will be Stark, as the responsibilities of starting each series thread will eventually wear him out midseason. Someone else needs to step up in relief to prevent this. Jigo would take this one but he is pretty much the Nick Swisher of this board- he doesn't qualify because we expect to be disappointed.

I think Kluber will have a odd year, Still top notch not bad by any means. However the one player I think will have a off year. I think Brantley will have a down year for him But I think Gomes and Moss have big years. Santana Is key this year and I have no freaking clue what he will do. As for pitching... Carrasco for sure, He just does not seem to be consistent at all never shown that.

I still find it weird that we pretend we all knew Swisher was going to be awful last year. Hit 22 HR and had a 3.8 WAR in '13. But whatever - I assume it's the new "I knew they shouldn't have signed Hafner to that big deal!" or "I was at $.10 beer night!"

In 2013 -

Swisher -
.246 .341 .423 .763

Cespedes -
.240 .294 .442 .737

As for who struggles next year?

I think Kipnis struggles again. Or the bullpen falls apart. Feel like picking the bullpen is cheating, tho.

Is Pyro on track to be OK for spring training?

Kipnis - it isn't conditioning or injuries, he's just not a core talent.

Yeah, it always sucks when the fans get pissed off by mediocre teams that don't make the playoffs.

Fuck those guys.

Making the playoffs, just not three years in a row. As is the standard for fans being blamed for wholly abandoning the franchise at all other times.

Reactions: Nom
This thread idea:

tumblr_mmt6hmFT061r6epwko6_250.gif

My pick prior to last season would have been Yan Gomes, so I can't do that again. I'll go with Michael Brantley. He won't be terrible, but I don't see him repeating this past season.

Making the playoffs, just not three years in a row. As is the standard for fans being blamed for wholly abandoning the franchise at all other times.

Didn't make the real playoffs, so they're now on an impressive seven year streak of not being a playoff team. Ouch.

Clock has reset, as it does every year, and the fans will be more than happy to give them a shot in 2018 if they can rattle of an easily reachable three consecutive playoff appearances.

Oh...and a decent start to the season after a playoff run would build some goodwill as well. Six game losing streaks in the first month won't help.

The fans have been/will be there when they prove to be worth watching...

Yeah, it always sucks when the fans get pissed off by mediocre teams that don't make the playoffs.

Fuck those guys.
Perhaps you didn't see the table top bar that they are installing in the third deck? Great seats just got better. The fans have no reason to stay home.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."